For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Nail Biting
  • lindsaytlindsayt
  • CaliaCalia
  • Remy chews his sometimes, I think it is just their way of trimming them.
  • Once in a while Shira sticks her whole back foot in her mouth, but not specifically bitten any nails. Hopefully he's just grooming. It'd be wonderful if we could train them to trim their own nails! :)
  • McYogiMcYogi
  • Sachi used to chew on any nails she could get in her mouth easily, I wish she still did it because she is such a b*tch when it comes to nail care. Akira likes to chew on his dew claws, he pulls at them like he is trying to get them off. It doesnt hurt him so I let him do what he wants to them. Its just annoying when he does it in the middle of the night because it is definitely loud.
  • Reilly does this. I dont know why. She has had claws crack before (stupid labrador genes!) from hiking and I wonder if she is just managing her nails, or if she has something stuck in her teeth. I was actually listening to her last night as she settled in bed, lights out,and I could hear her stomping her nest just right, laying down, licking, nibbling her nails, scratching her ear, and sniffing the claws, then another scuffing sound and a big GACK! I said "will you get your foot out of your ear and go to sleep?!"
  • lindsaytlindsayt
  • DabishDabish
    Marvel does this too! So weird. @lindsayt did you ever figure it out?
  • Nymeria does too... Hubs and I were just commenting on it last night. She scratches behind her ear, then licks her back paw, then chews on it a bit, then licks it, then does the same thing again a few times. Then on to the other side.

Is this just a part of their grooming habits?
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    Post edited by lindsayt at 2014-10-28 12:19:06

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)