For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Shibas and Akitas at auction; donations to rescues needed!
  • Post edited by shibamistress at 2014-10-31 13:15:12
  • RooneyRooney
  • One of the Nihon Ken Forum members posted that there are 43 Shibas involved. 4 Shiba rescues responding to auction.

Donated. Shared information with some of folks here in Northern CA and Northern NV.
  • umi-sanumi-san
    Donation done :P
  • Keeping fingers crossed that all goes well!

Post edited by sukoshi’s mom at 2014-10-31 12:59:00
  • Post edited by shibamistress at 2014-10-31 13:15:35
  • Does anyone have a total rescued by all the rescues. I heard Tri-State got 16 alone!
  • I hear they got 35 out of 45, including a mom with 6 puppies!!!
    Post edited by Kireielayson at 2014-11-01 19:05:54
  • I heard tat too. And one of the ones in the catalog was puled before auction, so maybe we missed only 6? Either way it is an awesome job! Now let's get fosters and other help going!
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
  • ToshiToshi
    Donated. Hope these dogs thrive in a loving forever home.
  • Shared the auction results with the Sacramento Shiba Inu Meetup and some other folks in Northern CA/NV.
  • RooneyRooney
  • Go visit the Tri-State Shiba Rescue FB and Save Me Scout FB. Pictures of some of the rescued dogs already posted and updates. Apparently, Tracy with MSIR negotiated with one of the breeders and Save Me Scout wound up with additional dogs. (Originally, they just had one possibly pregnant girl from the auction.)
  • Midwest Shiba Inu Rescue
    3 hours ago · Edited
    It is time for us to issue you, our supporters and volunteers, a giant THANK YOU for your help over this past week. Countless volunteers stepped up to foster and transport dogs and over $10,000 was donated to MSIR to help this effort - to save shibas from life in a puppy mill. Working with 3 other shiba rescues, 34 shibas were saved from the auction this weekend and will begin to know the good life. From the bottom of our shiba-loving hearts, we thank you. And 34 shibas thank you too - with Tri-State Shiba Inu Rescue Inc., NW Shibas4LIfe Rescue, & Save Me Scout Rescue

The Tri state Shiba Rescue update: https://www.facebook.com/tssir

Save Me Scout Rescue: https://www.facebook.com/savemescout
  • RooneyRooney
  • RooneyRooney
  • @rooney,

Do you know how much they went over by? I want to help bridge the gap.
  • RooneyRooney
  • RooneyRooney
    Post edited by Rooney at 2015-04-02 12:45:32
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
  • sunyatasunyata
  • RooneyRooney
  • Donated to Save Me Scout. Will pass info to some other folks
  • Bump! (Thought I would bring to folks attention again)
  • NikkitineNikkitine
  • Bump. The auction is this Saturday.

Save Me Scout sent out a reminder. To donate to Save Me Scout, go to PayPal to send a payment and send it to savemescout@yahoo.com. Indicate that this is for "family and friends" and in the "message" section put "for puppy mill auction". Save Me Scout is a 501c3 organization so the donation is tax deductible.
  • Tristate Shiba just reported on their face book page that the various rescues saved 25 Shibas and 6 Basenjis. (And more dogs by other breed rescues) Great news!

Keep an eye on TriState Shiba and Save Me Scout Facebook pages-- if they rescued this many dogs they will need continued donations!!!!
  • RooneyRooney

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)