For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
My brother's mastiff
  • KBBD83KBBD83
    Hello,

Don't post much here but I have a situation that could use a little advice. My brother is moving back to TX from KY, and he is stopping at my house overnight tonight to rest before his second leg of travel. He is bringing his 1 yr old INTACT Mastiff and I am very nervous about introducing him to Marshall. I've never met the dog, so Marshall hasn't either, but it was raised in a home with two newborn children and was very good with them. Not sure that makes any difference...

Marshall isn't very interested in being friends with dogs he doesn't know, especially dogs that are much bigger than he. I just don't want to have to keep him trapped in our bedroom until the morning when we all leave.

Best way to introduce the two to minimize snark? Would doing it outside and then bringing them both into the house be best? Thank you!!
  • RyanRyan
  • SayaSaya
  • BootzBootz
  • Hi again. It's been a super long time since I've seen you post ;-)

Ryan's suggestion is a good one. You know the usual about items of value. A lot of neutered dogs actually don't like intact dogs so do keep it in mind. You can probably alternate giving one of them roaming rights while keeping the other crated, assuming that your brother's mastiff is crate trained. Good luck!
  • curlytailscurlytails
    Post edited by curlytails at 2014-01-09 11:27:47

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)