For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
It's so cold here
  • How cold is it?!
    It's so cold here that my Shiba froze to the ground.

I've only seen this one other time. It was minus 6 and I took him for a walk out in the snow. When we got to the plowed area where it was packed and semi-iced over, his feet froze to the ground. Last night, same thing. He started hopping around on 3 legs and then would switch and hop on the others.
    He will not wear booties. Ever.
    I put musher wax on his feet tonight and no frozen feets! Getting your feet waxed is better than sticking to the ground.
  • bobc33bobc33
    Ouch, that is cold!

We are not quite that cold in Western MA though close. Scout normally likes to stay outside on the porch watching the neighborhood regardless of the wind chill, but I'm limiting her to 10 minutes or so.
  • LosechLosech
    That never happened to Conker when we were in Alaska, and the coldest temperatures he and I were out in were about -45. It was pretty dry where we were though, so maybe that had something to do with it?
  • glitchglitch
    I've never seen Kazus feet literally stick to the ground.. He does do the 3-legged dance though when it's very cold and icy outside. Lucky for me he doesn't mind his booties! I think he knows what they're for, and he'd rather go outside with booties on than stay inside.
  • WendyNCWendyNC
    We had an ice storm yesterday afternoon (because that's what we do in central NC in January) and Keiko was fascinated with the new, slippery, shiny stuff. She had to keep tasting it. However, it's sufficiently unpleasant out there that even little miss yard dog is willing to stay in the house.
  • SayaSaya
    Wow that must been scary for your shiba!

Yeah wax like musher secret is a must for winter especially city dogs I hear it helps keep salt off the paws..

Saya hasn't had this issue it's been 10- once at night. she only went out at night to potty and she also wanted to play some so we did for a bit till I got chilly.

Stay warm! :)
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • lucylulucylu
    Lucy doesn't have any issues with the cold. It was -9 here last week and she wanted to chew on a stick while laying on a snow pile. Our big problem is the salt.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)