For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Midnight Off Leash Adventure
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
  • tkfushtkfush
    That sounds like so much fun! Unfortunately the dog parks around us have hours (30 minutes before the sunrise to 30 minutes after the sunsets). But it would be nice to have that fenced space to practice recall!!
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
  • SayaSaya
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
  • redcattooredcattoo
    @BitiBea you are lucky your dog park allows night hours.

None of the dog parks in our area have evening hours. Our favorite dog park, very clean and great owners, is open 7am until dusk (that is just around 6:45pm now). Another option we like that even has a fenced in lake area for dog swimming is only 7am-7pm. And our least favorite option (the closest) is 7:30am - dusk. I know of another dog park we haven't gone to in our area yet but that also has hours listed 8am-6pm with extended hours until 7:30pm on summer weekends. I don't know any dog park within a 30 minute radius here that has the night time safety features to allow for post dusk off leash dog time.

I would love to have your dog park area as I always come home from work late. For now we put Bear on a 30 foot leash and let him run up and down the 10th hole (a par 5) of the golf course we live on with us, but we still risk not being able to see/grab the leash fast enough if for any reason his prey or play drive for something other than us would kick in.
  • tatonkatatonka
  • Me too! The dog park closes at dusk but they don't lock up. My doggies like it better empty. Nikko fetches well so I don't care if I can't see because he brings the ball back so I just keep throwing. I also bring a flash light.
  • PearlPearl
    Just got back from my 10 pm visit to the dog park, after practicing our recall for 20 mins, we met two new friends; a whippet type dog and a tiny little wiener dog. Initially I was worried Pearl would try and flip the little dog over, but it seemed like she was all too happy to have someone to run around with. Do any of you guys run into other dogs during your after hours visits?
  • sunyatasunyata
  • BitiBeaBitiBea

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)