For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Shiba proof products?
  • jjlcjjlc
    Miko is still a pup, but she likes the heavy braided rope toys to chew on, antlers, bully sticks and balls with bells in them. She goes nuts on those. I can't find them for dogs like this, but the cat section has plenty. She hasn't chewed through one yet, but I'll have to keep an eye on that just in case. She also likes the dead rabbit/weasel/etc toys. They're basically unstuffed animals with squeakers in them. She could probably destroy them if she wanted, but she doesn't seem interested in doing that, yet. THey're probably her favorite. We play chase/fetch with them and I'll tie them to a string/pole for outside chasing. She also likes the cat "fishing Poles" or flirt poles as you'll see them called. For a pup a cat variety should be fine for several months. They're good for small area exercise and interaction time. Also good for getting her into a worked up state and then doing behavior training.

oh and mental always tires more than physical. Simple things like flipping a small clear bowl upside down and putting a treat under it. On a smooth floor she'll occupy herself for quite a while trying to get the treat. We end the night with this one sometimes.
    Post edited by jjlc at 2012-03-02 10:26:49
  • shibahiroshibahiro
    Post edited by shibahiro at 2012-03-02 10:48:10
  • McYogiMcYogi
  • Kongs are the only toys that last more than five minutes
  • lindsaytlindsayt
  • konpeitokonpeito
  • deerparkdeerpark
    Post edited by deerpark at 2012-03-02 22:55:28
  • lindsaytlindsayt
  • louieloulouielou
    Ropes last a long time, but be prepare to play tug for 23 hours of a 24 hour day. lol.
    Balls of anytype as long as it can not be shreaded or chewed on. I brought a mini basketball for my shiba and he enjoys pushing, rolling and wrapping his mouth around it. He cannot pick it up which is a good thing because he can't pester me with it unlike the rope toys.
  • Aw thanks everyone, going to look into them all! I get my Shiba within this month, he'll be 2 days off being 1!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)