For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Post traumatic stress disorders and puppy mills
  • http://usat.ly/qzA6ho

The article referenced only further confirms what most of us have known all along.

I suppose the national exposure could prove beneficial.

I believe my Maya carries such scars. She remains very possessive of treats, not food that she shares readily and never seems able to completely relax unless sleeping. Is like she is waiting for something bad to happen to her at any time. One of the rewards I receive is when she looks at me and I see she realizes that as long as I am present no harm will ever come to her.
    Post edited by Calia at 2011-10-11 11:59:13
  • Wow, great article. I was particularly struck by the part that said even the cleaner, "well run" mills still produced these kinds of effects in dogs.

It's true, this may not be new information, but the national exposure is a good thing. Thanks for posting this.
  • I was also struck by the part that said even the cleaner mills produce these effects. It just goes to show how important what good breeders do is and I also agree that the national exposure is good, especially regarding the cleaner mills. It can help show people that while the cleaner mills are better, they're still not something to support.
  • SayaSaya
    Thanks a lot for posting this. I agree even if the mill is extremely clean it doesn't matter it still hurts the dog mentally because they don't get the exercise, stimulation and room to roam.

Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • SakuSaku
    Thanks for the sharing! I am looking for a day when I can break through Mina and develop the deepest bond with her! ;) Till this day, she still refuse to go into crates with door closed, but she is getting better and better everyday.

The other day I was taking her out for a short ride to doggie park, she was sitting on the passenger's side with her head leaning aganist my shoulder! No fear, no panting, no drooling, just a big shiba smile! It might seem so normal but it is the first time she goes into a car without panic attack!!!
    Saku & Mina's mom

Saku & Mina
  • SayaSaya
    Glad Mina is doing better.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • yay Mina!
  • SakuSaku
    Thanks for the encouragement! I am happy for Mina too! We'll keep everyone posted about Mina ;)
    Saku & Mina's mom

Saku & Mina

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)