For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Shibas in Need NY/NJ area
  • InoushiInoushi
    15 Shibas including pups from 8 weeks to 4 months several young adults and seniors in New Jersey will be confiscated in 1 week...We have a back yard breeder that a neighbor has blown the whistle on and these dogs need except for 3 must be relocated or will end up in the shelter... Looking for foster homes in the NY/NJ area to adopt or help foster.

I received this email from the shiba inu meetup site. I'm still waiting to get the contact info, as soon as I get it, I will post it.

Post edited by Inoushi at 2011-10-07 07:54:03
  • CaliaCalia
    Which meet up site, the one on meetup.com or the one on groupspace.com? And what rescue/shelter confiscated the pups?
    Post edited by Calia at 2011-10-07 08:46:41
  • kirinkirin
    I am in the area and interested in helping.

What does fostering entail exactly?
  • zoezoezoezoe
    I am also interested.
  • InoushiInoushi
    I got the info from meetup.com. The rescue group is Shiba Inu rescue of Ocean County NJ, contact email being inurescue@gmail.com.
  • inubakainubaka
    @Calia - I believe Mitch's Ocean County rescue is handling this effort.

@Kirin & Zoezoe - please email inurescue@gmail.com with your interest.

Fostering entails : caring for this dog as though they were your own until a forever home is found (the rescue takes care of finding & screening the forever home). It is your job to discover who this dog is, and what kinds of homes are ideal (with cats? with kids? high energy? low key?). I believe this Shiba Rescue pays for a majority of vet bills, but be prepared to buy any equipment and food you will need for this dog just in case the rescue cannot cover those expenses.

Good luck all! It sounds like there are many wonderful dogs in need of help.

volunteers4paws.wordpress.com
  • I just emailed Mitch. Lately we've been wanting to get Fuji a buddy so maybe this would be a good way to test it out by fostering a dog. I hope we can help!
  • CaliaCalia
    Here is a facebook page with info and updates:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/NJ-Puppymill-closes-up-to-22-Shibas-need-homes/211059608960917

Apparently it's 22 dogs and not 15 like originally thought
  • SayaSaya
    I saw this poor pups. Glad there is one less operation like this.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • zoezoezoezoe
    They actually found out it's not a puppy mill but a hoarding situation.

I think I will be fostering a cream male Freckles! I'm excited but nervous to bring in a second dog.
  • AraksAraks
    Good luck with the fostering! I'm sure you'll do great :)
  • JudyJudy
    Anyone that is interested in fostering, can fill out a foster application @ nycshibarescue.org
  • JudyJudy
    Here is a direct link about fostering for NYC shiba rescue.
    http://nycshibarescue.org/foster/program/
  • JudyJudy
    NYC Shiba Rescue is planning to take 8 or 9 of these shibas. If anyone is interested in making a general donation to help these as well as the other shibas in foster care with NYCSR, here is the link where you can do so and a big Thank You!

http://nycshibarescue.org/donate/
  • JudyJudy
    I should have specified that if you are interested in fostering for NYC Shiba Rescue, use the link above to fill out the application. The other rescues have their own applications for fostering.
  • JudyJudy
    Pictures of the "NJ 22" are now on the NYC site:
    http://nycshibarescue.org/
  • inubakainubaka
    7 of the 9 NYCSR is taking were transported today. If you can make a donation, or want to volunteer to help with the next round of transports (next weekend) now is a good time :)
    volunteers4paws.wordpress.com
    Post edited by inubaka at 2011-10-15 20:04:39

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)