For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Ruff Tough Kennels Dog Crate
  • sandrat888sandrat888
  • BootzBootz
    Your poor sedan :( Glad your Shibas are safe.

That sticker is damn cute! I need to find me one of those since my car is clean of stickers.
  • JosieAndMarouJosieAndMarou
  • KitsuKitsu
    Looks like the kennel can survive a meteor shower :P
  • SayaSaya
  • LosechLosech
    Too bad about the wreck, those suck.

Nice kennel! Those are interesting. Look pretty cool.
  • sandrat888sandrat888
  • sandrat888sandrat888
    Post edited by sandrat888 at 2012-05-18 22:55:09
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
  • LosechLosech
    Whoa, those kitty crates got ripped to shreds! I've never seen a video of crash-test animals before. I always belted in Conker for safety, and the bigger dogs since I didn't want them coming through the back and taking my head off on their way through the windsheld. It also helps prevent them from moving around too much, which is very distracting while driving.
  • JosieAndMarouJosieAndMarou
  • Sarah_Jay12Sarah_Jay12
  • sandrat888sandrat888
  • catloreecatloree
  • sandrat888sandrat888
  • amtiamti
    Thanks Sandrat888! All this is great info! I do like the durability of the crates you bought. I do always clip my dogs in the car, but I always wonder how safe the dog seat belts really are since there have been no official studies. I was also impressed with the canine safety harness in the second video. Anyone use those?
  • sandrat888sandrat888
  • amtiamti
    Thanks Sandrat888! That harness looks really good but I wish the chest pad was bigger. I really believe in a crash, the more room weight is distributed, the better off the dog will be. I do like the clip that connects to the seat belt too, and the harness looks pretty comfortable. Do your shibas wear a small?
  • sunyatasunyata
  • sandrat888sandrat888
  • sunyatasunyata
  • redcattooredcattoo
    @sandrat888 ... thanks for starting this thread and sharing your story last year, I have just now read through it. I am one of those owners who do need to heed my own head and start crating my dogs in the car, even if only with the current soft sided crates I have. This thread is a good reminder why I need to put more priority on car transport safety.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)