For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Very Unique Shiba
  • FoxyloverFoxylover
    I was just perusing the LA/Orange County Meet Up pics and saw this little guys pic posted in March 2011. I've never seen a shiba look like this one ever!!! Very unique!

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Post edited by curlytails at 2012-05-20 01:48:05
  • AraksAraks
    That's no shiba, that's an Akita inu! Lol :)
  • shibamistressshibamistress
    Yep, that's a Japanese Akita!
  • JosieAndMarouJosieAndMarou
    Akita for sure. Shiba's aren't brindled.
  • LosechLosech
    Yeah, Japanese Akita Inu. Cute fluffy little puppy.
  • koyukikoyuki
    omg that is one freakin cool looking pup, Japanese Akitas are stunning...my partner's father used to breed the more American Akitas and i dont think they ever had a pup look like that!!
    Koyuki - red female
    Takeo- cream male
    Kenji- black and tan male
    Suma- sesame female
    Haruki-brindle Japanese Akita Inu
  • KitsuKitsu
    I love Akita pups, I wished they stayed that cute! Not to say they aren't handsome when they're full grown too.
  • FoxyloverFoxylover
    Well no wonder I hadn't ever seen one like this before!!! D'ho! Haha

Photobucket
  • notoriousscratnotoriousscrat
    Well, Japanese Akitas and Shibas do look a lot alike other than the fact that Shibas come in black and tan and the Akitas come in brindle. They even have some of the same genetic stock, I believe, from when they were mixing during WWII.
  • EthosEthos
    I found the shiba inu breed while I was searching for a "small" Akita. I loved how Akitas look but i didn't want a big dog. So i was searching online to see if there is a minature Akita breed or something similar in looks but smaller. Thats how I knew about the shiba inu and have been hooked since then. Perfect look, perfect size!
    Post edited by Ethos at 2012-05-16 10:34:37
  • SayaSaya
    Cute Akita. Brindle is my favorite color on them.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • FlamingmystFlamingmyst
    I love their ears. There is something about them being so thick/fluffy that gets me.
  • Sarah_Jay12Sarah_Jay12
    I would love an Akita companion for our shiba one day when we have a house and a big yard. :)
  • KitsuKitsu
    I think I'd rather have a Kai than an Akita. Akitas are on some the dangerous dog list that causes insurance costs to rise D:
    Post edited by Kitsu at 2012-05-22 01:27:02
    Akitas are only on some insurance lists--some insurance companies don't have lists like that, thankfully. My homeowner's insurance does not have a breed specific list at all.

Kai Ken and Akita are totally different--not just in size but in temperament, etc. It depends on what you're looking for in a dog. And of course, Japanese Akita and American Akita are pretty different too--different in size as well, and temperament too.

Personally, I feel like Shiba, Akita and Kai make a good combo! ;)
    Post edited by shibamistress at 2012-05-22 01:26:00
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    Or Shiba, Ovcharka and Kai ;)
    "Common sense isn't so common"
    photo c5d87957-61b6-48af-a440-4187cbfc861b_zps88ccdf88.jpg
    I like that combo too, Lindsay. I'm totally in love with Brad's Kodi...would love an Ovcharka someday!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)