For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Too big for 6 months? (picture update 5/13/12)
  • JosieAndMarouJosieAndMarou
    Post edited by JosieAndMarou at 2012-05-13 20:36:14
  • rubyruby
    The puppy book the vet gave Ruby has a chart in it, "what to expect...". At 5 months it says approaching adult height and weight for small breeds (up to 20 lbs). He is so cute. Really looks healthy.
  • notoriousscratnotoriousscrat
  • konpeitokonpeito
  • konpeitokonpeito
  • koyukikoyuki
  • littlebearlittlebear
  • RyanRyan
  • RyanRyan
  • dorapochdorapoch
    Ginko is 6 months and we haven't gone to the vet lately to weigh himself, but I think he's around that size. Imo, I thought he was going to grow bigger since he seems small to me but I guess not.

I was also afraid he might be a bit chubby since I see a lot of dogs here extremely fit and skinny on the waist. Glad to see someone who looks the same, haha.
    Post edited by dorapoch at 2012-05-11 16:54:32
  • konpeitokonpeito
  • My 6 month old boy weighs 9.4kg (20lbs) and he was by far the biggest out his litter, and we just recently met a 1 year old Shiba and he was much bigger than Koda. So it will be interesting to see how much more he does grow over the next few months..
  • Hir0Hir0
    i'm also apart of the 20+ club =X he is 23 lbs at six months, im hoping he will stay below the 30 lbs mark but we shall see, he has only put on about 4-5 lbs in the past 2 months so i think he is pretty close to his full size
    Post edited by Hir0 at 2012-05-12 16:57:08
  • my two shibas are like extremely different when it comes to size; yumi (f/14mos) is 16lbs & genji (m/9mos) is 27lbs. he looks like a gratundo next to yumi. he's a bit on the chunky side, although i don't feed him any more than yumi (meals & treats, alike).
    i don't know how it happened, but he's super active, he can outrun-play-wrestle yumi any day. i hope he doesn't get any bigger though...
  • @josieandmarou thank you! from the sound of it marou sounds healthy and happy!
    my friend has a b&t shiba named maro, too!
  • konpeitokonpeito
  • KentaKenta
  • KitsuKitsu
    Kenta = 22lbs and Kitsu = 26-27lbs for those in the US :P
  • kiba888kiba888
    Kiba is 24 lbs and just hit the beginning of his 6 month.
  • hngu145hngu145
    Haru is 16 lb and he's 5 month old. Is he overweight, underweight, or normal?
  • jennjenn
    Post edited by jenn at 2013-06-03 17:30:16
  • KichiPupKichiPup
    My female is 7 months and 17.4lbs
  • kirinkirin
    hmm.. my guy is about 2 1/2 and he is about 33 lbs.

• tatonkatatonka
  • Alyssa L.Alyssa L.
  • CrystalWolfCrystalWolf
    Riku is 5 months and he only weighs 12lbs, vet said he is healthy but everyone else on here says their dogs weigh so much more should I be worried?
  • jennjenn
  • CrystalWolfCrystalWolf
    thanks jen, no the ribe do not stick out and vet says he is fine, he does eat but never does he eat all of his food which is 1/2 cup 3 times a day.
  • LemonChickenLemonChicken
  • RAM25RAM25
    Post edited by RAM25 at 2013-06-07 12:51:52
  • yoshibackyoshiback
    My 4 month old weighs 14lbs. Vet says hes really healthy.
  • JmatosJmatos
    My 6 month Sheenu weighs 21 pounds :) he is a big boy and all muscle with long teenager legs lol
  • tatonkatatonka
  • SlomissySlomissy
    My pups are a year old now... Lupo is 28 lbs and Kaia is 29. They are both fairly tall For Shibas. He still looks rail thin, especially after blowing his coat. She is a wee bit heavy, but still okay. Just a lot of sashay in her hips. ;).
  • ZantasticZantastic
    Shiro was around 17 lbs when I got him at 6 mos and has grown and filled out to about 23 lbs at 9 mos. I'm expecting him to gain a little more, but hopefully he won't tip too far past 25.
  • MufasaMufasa
    Simba weighs in at a trim 25lbs at 9 months. I have no idea where the weight comes from because he isn't tall and is pretty thin. Must be muscle, I guess.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)