For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Lost Shiba in Brooklyn
  • TengaiTengai
    Hi All
    Lost Shiba in the Manhattan beach area of brooklyn. Owned by a forum member, bred by us here at Tengai. Please be on the lookout for Nami red female. She is microchipped.

Thanks
    Phil
    Tengai Shibas
    Post edited by Calia at 2012-05-16 09:30:49
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    Hope she is found soon. How old is she?
    犬竜
  • 15 months
    Knox The Shiba
  • SayaSaya
    I saw and when I saw her pic and name I knew it was one of the members here so sad this has happened hope she is found soon I posted the pic and description on my FB.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • lockshi3lockshi3
    I hope she is found soon :(
  • I hope Nami gets found ASAP!
  • YukikoYukiko
    We are all rooting for Nami being found soon safe and sound. If you are in the area, please consider helping the search!
  • KitsuKitsu
    Wish I lived in the area to help look! Hope she's found soon!
  • InoushiInoushi
    I was in the area today, did not see her at all =[
  • curlytailscurlytails
    Nami come home!!

Are there pictures or e-flyers we can share?
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • CaliaCalia
    There is a picture going around on FB. Here is the link to the FB page with the image: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3870913011265&set=a.2333229370135.140758.1231803441&type=1

And here is the direct image link if you can't access it through the previous link:
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/576504_3870913011265_1231803441_3731749_1545737476_n.jpg
  • curlytailscurlytails
    Need details --

Missing since?
    Age/sex?
    Last seen?
    Contact info??
    Should you chase, lure, trap, call animal control or call owner who will try to capture the dog?
  • alisagaylonalisagaylon
    @ curlytails:

missing since 5/4
    Female - red 15 months
    Last seen in the Manhattan Beach area of Brooklyn, NY
    Post edited by alisagaylon at 2012-05-06 04:50:01
  • Sarah_Jay12Sarah_Jay12
    I'm so sorry! I hope you find her soon!
  • alisagaylonalisagaylon
    More info: http://bringnamihome.blogspot.com/2012/05/help-female-red-shiba-inu-named-nami.html

Contains more pictures, specific info about where she was lost, and the phone numbers.
  • mandumandu
    My partner and I will be on the lookout!
  • I have posted the link on our Sacramento Shiba Inu Meetup in case any of our members have contacts in Brooklyn.

Hope Nami is found quickly.
  • catloreecatloree
    Oh no! Poor Nami & her owners :( I hope she is found soon!
    Catherine (human), Elwood (Shiba), & Sadie (Pomeranian)
  • notoriousscratnotoriousscrat
    Post edited by notoriousscrat at 2012-05-07 09:07:40
  • MomotaroMomotaro
    I put it up on my FB. Damn. Hope they can find her :( poor baby!
  • shibamistressshibamistress
    It just broke my heart when I saw the twitter just now that said they wanted to put up a sign for a lost, possibly dead dog :(

I hope Nami is found.... :(
  • KitsuKitsu
    :( She was hit by a car?
  • YukikoYukiko
    Possibly hit by a car and sprinted away afterwards. Still no word and everyone is doing everything possible. There's been some false leads and some jackass who prank called at 1:30am saying they found her dehydrated and sick. Some people are just cruel.

http://bringnamihome.blogspot.com/
    Please consider sharing this site on your social networking sites and making a donation to help sweeten the Reward fund, possibly help fund the search, or help with possible Vet bills.
  • RydensMomRydensMom
    I posted this on Facebook, good luck. Hope he is found soon!
  • SayaSaya
    According to someone on the shibaholic FB page they posted this.

UPDATE! An old guy in a white ford sedan is ripping up Val's posters and telling people that the dog was found! Nami is being held hostage!! #dognapped

God I hope this not the case though if she was then why haven't they contacted the owners to demand reward?
    Photobucket
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger
    how sad
    Fred and Jodie...Madison WI

**Mika....The Shiba Inu**

**Zoey....The Schipperke**
  • SayaSaya
    Dunno if she looks like Nami or not, but I think it'd be worth it for the owners to go in that area who knows it might be her..
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/pet/3000822767.html
    Photobucket
  • Unfortunately, that doesn't look like Nami though it's been about 8 or 9 months since I've last seen her.
  • InoushiInoushi
    Staten island is very far from here. I've been asking my friends in the area to keep a look out but no leads. Nor did I see her myself. Not to be bearer of bad news but I've had friends who had dogs taken from their yard in that area, and shibas draw a lot of attention. Its very possible someone took her for themselves. The guy in the sedan sounds very shady, and I hope someone got his plates.

@saya Kenshin and I frequent that area a lot, and I often get offers for him (or puppies). If nami is sweet and friendly they probably want to keep her for themselves. Hopefully someone will notice them walking her. At this point its obvious someone has her. My friend had the same thing happen with her shitzu (taken from inside her house while she went to school). we looked for months but due to the popularity it was hard to find him. There is a greater chance for nami. I only know of one white shiba, one red male shiba, and kenny, plus nami who live here at all.
  • InoushiInoushi
    Also I hope a police report was filed, however the precent is terrible, and probably will only respond if nami is located first. Make sure to not approach anyone you suspect as having her until the police are there, they take forever to respond.
  • SayaSaya
    Be sure to keep posting the posters and warn people of this guy in sedan maybe someone can get his license plate

Put posters in vet, petstores, and try grocery stores too ask if they allow it. A lot people go to grocery stores so if they see the poster on way in they might be on look out.
    Photobucket
    Post edited by Saya at 2012-05-07 17:24:23
  • FoxyloverFoxylover
    I just saw this for the first time. I feel so bad for Val and can't imagine what she's going through. I pray that she is found safe/sound. This just makes me sick to my stomach!!!
    Photobucket
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    Just saw on FB there was a found Shiba now in the shelter and they are going to look at her, but from the picture they don't think it's her.
    "Common sense isn't so common"
    photo c5d87957-61b6-48af-a440-4187cbfc861b_zps88ccdf88.jpg
  • SayaSaya
    Still worth a check never know I hope it's her. if not hope the shib in the shelter finds a home soon too.
    Photobucket
  • YukikoYukiko
    They are going to call the shelter when it opens this morning and I think someone who lives near it is going to check it out this morning too. Mitch (in New York) said he would pull the Shiba if the holding period is up and no one claims her.
  • TengaiTengai
    I just called the shelter, they were able to scan the chip, its not nami spoke to val she is going anyway to make sure. She was told that if it wasn't nami Shiba rescue of ocean county NJ was getting her.
  • garyoogaryoo
    Sorry to hear that... I totally understood the feeling that Nami's parents have right now.

I ran into the same situation just yesterday... My two shibas ran out of my house into the woods for almost an hour. My heart sank, because I know I probably won't be able to see them back again... The older one wouldn't wanna go back home as he is only with us for two weeks, and my little one would follow him wherever he goes.
    I cried, desperately called their names, and asked anybody passed by... For almost an hour, I walked in the woods mindlessly.
    Fortunately, there was a woman stopped by, asked if I am the owner of two running dogs, and she pointed out to me which way they went. My heart started beating again and I ran as fast as I could towards where they ran.
    What a release!!! I ended up with finding out that my two shibas were caught by another lady who walked her dog along the trail. She used her leash to tie them together and was just about to call the phone number that is on their collar.

Hope Nami can be found soon.
  • RydensMomRydensMom
    I am do glad you found your teo shibas yesterday, garyoo!
  • KitsuKitsu
    I'm confused. They scanned the microchip (which means the dog has a microchip.) Why would the Shiba go to a rescue, can't they call the owner?
  • curlytailscurlytails
    @Kitsu, you would be surprised by how many people forget to update or never register their microchip information. Puppies are sometimes chipped by the original breeder, instead of the owner. If it's a responsible breeder, they at least have someplace to return to. But if the chip scans back to say, a puppy miller, the prospects for the dog are better in rescue than with the original breeder (should they even care about taking back their dog and rehoming).
    Post edited by curlytails at 2012-05-08 12:48:25
  • KitsuKitsu
    Oooooo, sad :(
  • TengaiTengai
    Kitsu the rescue will get her if she is not claimed.. Microchips are only good if they are registered. Many people fail to do then when they get a pup. Costs about $20.00 to do.(after the initail cost of the chip) I actually place all pups with a preregistered chip. They are in the database from day one, in my name. All the new owners have to do is go on-line and transfer no fee involved. If they don't after repeated reminders from me, LOL pup still protected as if they are found I will get a call.

Phil
  • Phil, I think your contract says that even when we change the registration over to us we're required to list you as the secondary contact (I guess in case we forget to update info that they're able to contact someone).
  • YukikoYukiko
    Still no news. Hopefully with the weekend coming up, everyone will have more time to walk around and search.
  • TengaiTengai
    Yes it does
  • CaliaCalia
    There is a search party forming to try to find Nami, if you are in or around the Brooklyn area and would like to help please join in on the search:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/300043803411234/
    http://groupspaces.com/nycshibameetup/item/293829

Spread the word, let's try to get this girl home!
  • I'm not familiar with Brooklyn, but it occurred to me that there may be some Brooklyn meetups of various types who could help with the Nami search efforts. For example:

http://www.meetup.com/New-York-Bike-and-Photography/events/59691762/
  • FoxyloverFoxylover
    I'm praying that she is found. Everytime I log in here, I keep hoping to see that she's been found.
    Photobucket
  • vnovikovavnovikova
    Hello all!

Sorry didn't come on here to let you know what is happening to us, but I see you have been getting the updates. Thank you so much for all your thoughts and well wishes.

We have been following every lead possible and even tracked down the prank caller, who ended up to be a 14 y.o. kid from NJ. He stays over the weekend with his father in Brooklyn and saw our poster, so decided to prank call us with his friend. We got NJ cops involved and they made sure they don't have Nami in NJ.

We have contacted a pet PI, still waiting for her response...

Also, just to cover all bases, we contacted a pet communicator, who specializes in lost animals. She told us that Nami is still alive and is hiding. That she is really dirty and has been mistaken for a cat...Don't know wether to believe this, but we will check out her lead anyway.

Somebody is taking down our signs and telling people that the dog has been found. We have been putting the signs back...

that's it for now...there have not been any sightings reported...
  • shibamistressshibamistress
    Me too....I keep hoping for good news. I just hope Nami gets home soon....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)