For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
LA/OC Shiba Inu Meetup
  • BruceBillisBruceBillis
    Hey All,

For those of you that might not be members of the Los Angeles/Orange County Shiba Inu Meetup group thought I'd let you know that there's going to be a Shiba Meet at Central Bark in Irvine, CA this Saturday.

Where:
    Central Bark Irvine
    6405 Oak Canyon
    Irvine, CA 92618
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=6405+Oak+Canyon,+Irvine,+CA

When:
    Saturday, May 5,2012
    10:15am

Right now there are already 23 from the meetup that have RSVP'd, and hopefully, I'll see some of you there as well.
    If you are not already a member and are interested in future meetups you can join the group by visiting:
    http://www.meetup.com/LA-OCShibaInu/

Happy Shiba De Mayo!

[changed title to make it a general Los Angeles/Orange County meetup thread]
    Bruce Billis | Red-Sesame Shiba Inu | DOB: 11/12/2011 | Southern California - Irvine
    Post edited by curlytails at 2013-03-28 02:41:54
  • LeoJDHuLeoJDHu
    Attending!
    Leo "JD" Hu | Cream Shiba Inu | DOB: 8/19/2011 | Southern California - LA/OC

New to DoggyLoot.com? Sign up and get $5 to spend! https://doggyloot.com/invite/f6c292
    New to Wag.com? Sign up and use coupon code "DANW1122" to get 20% off your first order!
  • FoxyloverFoxylover
    Looking forward to it!!
    Photobucket
  • LeoJDHuLeoJDHu
    I hope to actually meet some of you guys this time!

New to DoggyLoot.com? Sign up and get $5 to spend! https://doggyloot.com/invite/f6c292
    New to Wag.com? Sign up and use coupon code "DANW1122" to get 20% off your first order!
  • CrimsonO2CrimsonO2
    I'm not going :-( I think Kurenai is approaching her heat cycle (that and she's an overexcited bully and brat at the small dog park) and Ichi would rather not have all that stimulation going on.

Take pictures of the event and tell the organizers Vicki and Tom, Jesse said "hi"!

Jesse
  • :(
    i wish i could go, but i work on sat!!! WHY?!!!
  • LeoJDHuLeoJDHu
    Boo! We'll miss your Shikoku Jesse. I remember her and Leo running around last time :)

• shibamistressshibamistress
    Of course I can't go as I don't live in CA, but I had to pop in and say how much I love "Shiba de Mayo!" Have fun everyone!
  • BruceBillisBruceBillis
    @LeoJDHu
    @Foxylover

See ya there!

I'll be on the small dog side of the park. Bruce is 17.5 lbs but still looks like a snack for a Great Dane. :)
    Bruce Billis | Red-Sesame Shiba Inu | DOB: 11/12/2011 | Southern California - Irvine
  • FoxyloverFoxylover
    No worries, we'll all be on the small dog side (0: Looking forward to it.
    Photobucket
  • LeoJDHuLeoJDHu
    Funny you say that... Have you seen the couple Great Danes that frequent Central Bark?

Whenever they are there and I take Leo to the larger side, Leo always chases them. I swear, the bigger they are, the more interest Leo has in them.

Luckily, they are super nice and tolerate Leo.

• FoxyloverFoxylover
    I have seen them Leo. They are big boys!! I've only taken Foxy on the big side once. It was cute because there was one bigger dog that would step in and protect Foxy from the others getting to rough with her. She's pretty submissive though. She immediately rolls on her back anytime any dog gets too crazy for her.
    Photobucket
  • BruceBillisBruceBillis
    Surprisingly I've see Great Danes on the big dog side of the park pretty frequently. The funniest thing was I saw a family leaving the park with their Great Dane in a BMW 3 series. Ha ha, they ended up behind us on the road and all you could see was this poor Dane hunched over in the back seat :)
  • curlytailscurlytails
    So where do you folks in LA go for prime dog-watching?
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • spartanvispartanvi
    I'm bringing Kyoto out to the Tri-City Park in Yorba Linda this Sunday for a play date with a friend's pup at about 3pm. I believe this park is used for SCSC meetups, or at least it was in the past!

Come out and play with us! Kyoto's a red shiba and his date is a black lab mix. Or shoot me a PM for contact info.

Post edited by spartanvi at 2013-04-12 01:08:29
  • Reviving this post for the people in the SoCal area. There's a meet up this Sunday at the Irvine Bark Park (off Sand Canyon) if anyone is interested in going. I'll be there. Starts at 10am
    Post edited by 949RedFlurry at 2014-03-07 17:35:50
  • zandramezandrame
    The annual BSA show is also on Sunday. I highly recommended anyone in SoCal to check it out if they are interested in seeing a Nippo show.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1391856944400487/
  • knnwangknnwang
    Awesome!
    Post edited by knnwang at 2014-03-08 03:37:28
  • EsexxEsexx
    This LA/OC Meetup group doesn't seem to be too active which is disappointing. I wanted to go to a meet up so I can meet other owners and their Shiba's so I can learn more before I adopt mine guy.

My app has been pending almost a week now with no response.

Anyone know of other groups in the LA area?
  • EsexxEsexx
    Anyone here a member of the LA/OC meetup group? I my membership has been pendng for a while and wondering of a member can give the mod a nudge to accept me.
  • KCMeekoKCMeeko
    Does this group still meet up now a days?
  • knnwangknnwang
    I'm not sure, i'm sure they are still active. Used it when my pup was younger, and the group was free. I think there is a fee for that group now, and I just let it expire after i received a e-mail asking for a credit card number.

Wish they had one for inland empire (SanBernardino/Riverside).
    Post edited by knnwang at 2015-08-21 11:33:35
  • Unrelated Side note, Inland Empire is an awfully evil sounding name for a geographic area.
  • knnwangknnwang
    Haha right. You should see the stuff our Sheriffs have been doing (and been in the news 4). B-)
  • tysaaantysaaan
    It seems like they are still active, if you scroll down on their meetup.com page it has future events listed. The upcoming event has 8 shibas listed that are attending. At first I was discouraged from joining because it was a bit far away, but I guess an hour drive every once in a while wouldn't be too bad, and now that Jibo has all of his shots it gives me more reason to join.
  • tysaaantysaaan
    Bump!

I'll be heading down to Bolsa Chica tomorrow and might walk to the Huntington Dog Beach. I most likely won't stay for too long, but I just wanted to post anyways in case anyone lives close to the area or was planning on going there as well.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)