For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
  • I was wondering what collar size a full grown female Shiba needs? Emi is only 10 weeks old, but I found a site that makes beautiful collars and engraves their name and contact number right into the buckle (No jiggling tags!!!) I want to buy it now to have it as soon as she can fit into it.
  • Sarah_Jay12Sarah_Jay12
    Wow that is such a cool idea!
  • NattygoNattygo
    Sounds great! Mind putting the website up so we can take a look at the collars? From what I heard, a medium works well for Shibas. Try asking the breeder the collar size of the puppy's parents, maybe that can get you a more accurate idea.
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    My male is 15 1/2 inches and my girl is 15 inches. An adjustable collar with holes at 14 to 18 inches should be fine. I am assuming its buckle uses holes. If not a collar that is adjustable between 14 to 18 inches should fit.
    犬竜
    Post edited by INU RYUU at 2012-04-29 20:04:10
  • This is the site. It is called Mimmi Green and they sell all sorts of cool things for dogs.

http://www.shopmimigreen.com/designer-dog-collars/laser-engraved-personalized-dog-collars

Thanks for y'alls help! They had a medium long size that is 12-18 inches so that should be perfect!
  • MooseMoose
    Do kitty collars work on puppies? I found these super-duper cute japanese kimono collars. If they don't fit, I'll put it on my naked cat.
  • LilikoiLilikoi
    Since you have a use for it regardless, I say try it and let us know :D I think they would probably fit. I had bought a cheap tiny dog one that seems very similar to cat sized ones. The breeder gave me a very gentle collar to use, so I opted for that one. But just recently I reached into my winter coat pocket and found the old collar I had bought!!! SO TEENY! :((
  • MooseMoose
    D'awww.
    @Lilikoi I'll be sure to post if it works! I specifically wanted something break away since my puppy is too young to walk on a leash, and it would be safer in the off chance the puppy gets the collar stuck on the crate haha.
  • MoshMosh
    They are super cute! I've been through 3 collars now with my little girl and finally ordered her an adult collar from kninecouture that I get today :D. I started with a kitten collar, then I got an xsmall RC buckle one, a small RC buckle one, and now a martingale. She is 7 1/2 months and her neck measures 12in.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)