For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Missing Shiba 1600 BLOCK 15th Street Upper Oakland, CA 94607 (UDATE: Found!)
  • RekkusuRekkusu
    URGENT LOST 9 MONTH OLD MALE SHIBA HIS NAME IS BANJO HE WAS LOST 1600 BLOCK 15th Street Upper Oakland, CA 94607 PLEASE CALL ARTUR AT 718-753-5234 WITH ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CROSS POST FAR AND WIDE AND ASK YOUR FRIENDS TO DO SO AS WELL. SOMEONE KNOWS WHERE LITTLE BANJO IS ! ! ! ! HE IS MICRO CHIPPED.

Re-posted from a friends facebook page.
    Post edited by curlytails at 2012-04-15 01:07:28
  • curlytailscurlytails
    Reposted on FB. Do you know how long he has been lost? Please let us know if you hear any updates!
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
    Post edited by curlytails at 2012-04-12 03:26:11
  • Banjo escaped Monday night.

If, for some reason, you have information about Banjo and can't reach his owners, contact Jacey Holden at jholden@jps.net phone: 209-369-3473. She is his breeder.
  • catloreecatloree
    Oh no, poor guy :( I hope he is found soon!
    Catherine (human), Elwood (Shiba), & Sadie (Pomeranian)
  • if he is microchipped, how come you cant look him up?
  • KitsuKitsu
    @CostalShiba240 If only it worked that way, microchips are not GPS trackers, they basically only hold information about the dog and where to return the dog if lost. If they were a GPS I'm sure it'd be a little bigger than a grain of rice and cost more than $25.
  • Banjo has been returned to his family! Here is the update from Jacey:

Hi Everyone,

We can smile again, as Banjo is home after three days of actually having a good time playing with kids and dogs. So much for Shiba loyalty.

His owner posted the following on Facebook: "Everyone!! We found Banjo!!! Someone found the poster we put up and followed some kids who were keeping banjo at their home the last 3 days. Thank you very one for all your help!!!"

I want to thank everyone who voiced concern, offered prayers and gave suggestions to help locate Banjo. The outpouring from all Shiba lovers has been amazing and heartwarming. Many of these ideas and suggestions will probably be incorporated into an article in the next Shiba Party booklet.

You are incredible people,

Jacey
  • BootzBootz
    The thing that disturbs me is " Someone found the poster we put up and followed some kids who were keeping banjo at their home the last 3 days".

If it wasn't for a good and caring heart who decided to follow the kids, who knows how long the kids would have kept Banjo....=/
    Post edited by Bootz at 2012-04-12 21:33:30
  • RyuDragonRyuDragon
    People definitely shouldn't just hold onto someone elses dog like that. That's the whole purpose of microchipping right? Kinda odd that they would just "hold onto" the dog like that.
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    Great news! And the kids parents had no idea they had FOUND a Shiba. Hmmmm.
    犬竜
  • BootzBootz
    @Ryu, microchips are for identification purposes. Can't see who's registered to it unless you have a microchip reader.

@Inu Ryuu, exactly my point. 3 whole days. That is why i'm glad somebody had a good heart and followed the kids.
  • AWE46M3AWE46M3
    Saw the emails - glad he was found!
  • catloreecatloree
    Yay, glad to hear he was found!!
    Catherine (human), Elwood (Shiba), & Sadie (Pomeranian)
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger
    Glad he was found...These Shibas are so smart...

Mika has escaped 3 times in the last 4 days luckly we saw her do it twice and the 1st time someone was walking and returned her because mika always has her collar on...what she was doing was taking a running start and sliding under the chainlink fence!!!! the fence is 2 inches off the ground...i'm in the process of digging 2x8s 2inches in the ground, staking them to the ground and nailing the fence to them....
    Fred and Jodie...Madison WI

**Mika....The Shiba Inu**

**Zoey....The Schipperke**

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)