For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Mina is missing in NE Philadelphia! (we found her!)
  • SakuSaku
    Hi everyone,
    My Mina is missing! She is a 1 year old female red sesame shiba inu. She was last seen at 4pm at NE philly area, between academy road and Frankfurt road. She didnt have tags or anything on her. We have tried to contact locals police, shelter but havent had any luck! Please help us. Her microchip number is 985121006491699. :( my number is 484-288-9505. Thanks!

Mina came to us this morning! Out of nowhere! We have been searching her for 10 hours and there was no sight of her. She was a bit shaken up but everything is fine! We want to thank everyone. Your thoughts and prayers have been heard. We really appreciate it. Now, we are looking for the most secured harness in the world for Mina!
    Saku & Mina's mom

Saku & Mina
    Post edited by Saku at 2012-04-12 07:21:47
  • I am sorry you have to deal with this. i hope you find her! sending prayers!
  • SayaSaya
    So sorry to hear this hope she is found soon! Be sure to post posters with info on her and pictures on posts, pet stores, vets and grocery stores maybe?

I hope she is found soon.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • I passed your info to Monica who is the Philly Shiba Inu Meetup organizer.

Monica got back to me. Needs to get your permission to post your info. I sent you her email address via the "private" forum system. If you don't get it, join the Philly Meetup and contact Monica that way.
    Post edited by sukoshi’s mom at 2012-04-11 21:53:33
  • Sorry to hear this and good luck!

Try contacting the local vets. Also call the microchip company and ask them to send out a notice via email. It may bring in some more calls. If she's shy with strangers (my recollection is that she is a rescue) make a note of it. You might also want to see if you can tap into the local grad student population since they can be spread out throughout the city and think about contacting some of the local rescues (like the ocean county of nj one). Hopefully this isn't the case but Philly is small and easily traversible so there's the possibility she's no linger in the immediate area.

I hope you find her soon.
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    It always pains me to read posts like this. I can imagine what your experiencing right now

Heres a good thread.

http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/6033/lost-dogs/p1

Hope she turns up soon.
    犬竜
  • BootzBootz
    Sigh :( I am sorry to hear. I can imagine what you are going through. Try to stay calm and positive.
  • Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking good thought that Mina comes back to you soon. This is particularly worrisome given how easily Mina gets scared--she's probably terrified, poor girl!

• koyukikoyuki
    Im really sorry for your situation. Hope she comes back soon!
    Koyuki - red female
    Takeo- cream male
    Kenji- black and tan male
    Suma- sesame female
    Haruki-brindle Japanese Akita Inu
  • curlytailscurlytails
    Please keep us updated. It's awful to read these posts, but I always hope for a good ending.
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • catloreecatloree
    Oh, thank goodness you found her!! That must have been terrifying!
    Catherine (human), Elwood (Shiba), & Sadie (Pomeranian)
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    @Saku, great news. The only harness my guys have not escaped from is the Ruffwear Webmaster.
    犬竜
  • sunyatasunyata
    Glad that she found her way home.

The Ruffwear Webmaster is a great harness, especially if you have a pup that has a tendency to slip regular or step in harnesses.

Also, you might want to think of getting her a tag collar as well. This way if she happens to slip her harness, she will still have tags on.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • skymeiskymei
    Yay glad you found her
  • Lradd58Lradd58
    So glad you found her!
  • anharchyanharchy
    That's awesome that she came home to you! Glad everything's okay!
  • SayaSaya
    Glad she was found.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • ceziegcezieg
    Hurray so glad she came back!
  • curlytailscurlytails
    Yay!
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • So glad you found her, and I also want to add that it is really a testimony to how hard you have worked with Mina that she came back instead of being so terrified she just continued running. I remember well all you've gone through with her, and I'm so glad she's now bonded with you and sees you as home and her safe place!

and yes, I'd suggest a regular collar with tags too, and a harness she can't get out of. But yay for Mina being home!
  • So glad she came home!

I let Monica with the Philly Shiba Meetup know that she was home -- in case you didn't get a chance to yet.
  • BootzBootz
    Glad she came home! Mina sounds like Bootz now -_- she came home in the morning too.....just in time for breakfast....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)