For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Pet Sitter or Pet Hotel?
  • ahcollierahcollier
    My wife and I are planning a one week vacation to Hawaii, so we're discussing what to do with Taro (our 4.5 year old male shiba). I say pet hotel, my wife says pet sitter.

Taro is frequently nervous: he hates the car, the pet grooming salon, does not like city noises (we live in downtown Tokyo), and can be suddenly turn aggressive around other dogs (he hates having his butt sniffed). For these reasons, my wife thinks leaving him home & having a pet sitter come over and walk him twice a day is the way to go.

I am worried about him being alone for a whole week. I'm not worried he'll chew or doing anything destructive (he might, but I doubt it and will just have to accept it if he does), but being alone 22 hours a day for 7 days sounds like a horrible thing to me. At least in a pet hotel, there will be caretakers, other dogs, distractions, etc.

So... which is better for my dog? Pet sitter or pet hotel? Any experience anyone can share regarding this kind of situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Andy
    Post edited by sunyata at 2012-03-31 22:08:25
  • KitsuKitsu
    I say send him to me, but I'm not guaranteeing you'll get him back >_> I don't have any experiences with a pet hotel, but it sounds like it'd be better than being alone for such a long time. I know if I was alone for 22 hours a day for a week I'd be going crazy haha.
  • sunyatasunyata
  • konpeitokonpeito
  • SayaSaya
  • DjinnDjinn

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)