For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
My shiba count is now 2!!!! :)
  • Stef777Stef777
    I got my 2nd shiba Friday!!!! Me and my bf have been casually talking about getting a 2nd shiba recently but we def weren't actively looking at this time. So a bit spontaneous but we're super excited. We named her Tessie and she is a 4 month old red female. Poor thing came from a terrible owner..... My friends co-worker was trying to find her a new home because she was just "too much of a pain and she destroyed a good paid of her shoes" (I hate people...) the girl only had her for 2 months and left her home alone all day while she worked and went out. My friend knows I am a shiba owner so she asked if we might be interested so we picked her up. Tessie came to us covered in fleas and she has not had any of her shots yet so that is very annoying because we want to socialize her asap. We have a few friends with vaccinated dogs so at least she can play with them in the meantime and she has Kendaux. She is super sweet and fits in perfectly with Kendaux and Guinness the cat. The introduction went AMAZING! Tessie was soooo excited to see him and he was even more excited to see her. They played all weekend together (under our close supervision of course) and then slept next to each other during their nap.

Her one problem is resource guarding with toys and food so we are keeping all that separate while we teach her some manners. She is perfectly fine if humans touch her while eating and we can take her toy out of her mouth but when Kendaux comes around she growls, lunges and snaps at him. She didn't make contact with Kendaux and she's only 8 pounds but poor guy was so confused. That was my fault for not thinking she could be that way but we will be preventing it from here on out. I've been reading all the resource guarding discussions on here all weekend ;) This is my 1st young puppy so I am a bit nervous to mess her up haha... I'll probably be asking a lot of questions. She is also the first female I've owned and man does she have an attitude when she's annoyed with Kendaux hahaha.... I'm so used to Kendaux being an easy going goof that never gets mad.

I'm going to attempt to upload pictures so if they don't work let me know. Sorry for the long post!

Photobucket

• Stef777Stef777
    Photobucket

Looking out the window :)

Photobucket

sorry they are blurry! It's so hard to get them to stay still
  • BootzBootz
    Congrats Stef! Glad they get along well. Since she hasn't been socialized, she probably never had to share with another dog, hence the guarding. Glad you were able to take her off that terrible owner's hands. Re homing because she ruined her shoes + a pain? seriously? -.-
  • Stef777Stef777
    Photobucket

Yummy!
  • LeoJDHuLeoJDHu
    Congrats on the new addition! We should definitely set up to meet at Central Bark dog park so our shibas can run rampant!
    Leo "JD" Hu | Cream Shiba Inu | DOB: 8/19/2011 | Southern California - LA/OC

New to DoggyLoot.com? Sign up and get $5 to spend! https://doggyloot.com/invite/f6c292
    New to Wag.com? Sign up and use coupon code "DANW1122" to get 20% off your first order!
  • Stef777Stef777
    We should! They would have a blast ;)
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    Congrats on the new addition. Glad Tessie has found a good home.
    犬竜
  • FoxyloverFoxylover
    Good job!!! I'm happy for you and your new addition. I too hope to see you all at Central Bark real soon once she's had all her shots.
    Photobucket
  • sunyatasunyata
    Congrats! :)
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • konpeitokonpeito
    What a beautiful little girl! Really glad she's now living with you instead of her previous owner... I feel so bad that she used to be treated that way ):
    Apollo the Shiba Blog - red male - d.o.b. 10/30/11
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger
    Awwww
    Fred and Jodie...Madison WI

**Mika....The Shiba Inu**

**Zoey....The Schipperke**
  • BrewSterBrewSter
    very good looking pups you have here and CONGRATS i cant wait till liz and myself move to a bigger place and able to get new pup to add to our family :) might not go shiba tho maybe akita or husky :) but we dooo love shibas
  • Glad you were able to give her a new home, and she is cute as can be!

Stay on top of the resource guarding, and intervene when necessary. Keep them separate when there are high value treats/toys, and work on this issue, because it often gets worse, not better.
  • GatsuGatsu
    Congrats! I got my 2nd shiba not to long ago, and she also has a resource guarding issue. So it looks like the both of us have a bumpy road ahead of us.
  • catloreecatloree
    Congrats!! She is adorable!
    Catherine (human), Elwood (Shiba), & Sadie (Pomeranian)
  • cli6cli6cli6cli6
    Soooo cute!!! More spam plz
  • deerparkdeerpark
    Thank goodness you guys found each other. Thanks for sharing!
  • Stef777Stef777
    Thanks everyone!! We are having a blast. Yesterday her and Kendaux did the shiba 500 around the house forever!! It was so cute. I'll be posting more pictures soon ;)
  • BruceBillisBruceBillis
    Which central bark are you all talking about? I live right next to the one in Irvine, CA, Bruce and I might be able to meet up as well.

I've been wanting to do a Shiba Inu meetup in OC, but the meetup group for LA/OC has for the most part been all out in LA lately.
    Bruce Billis | Red-Sesame Shiba Inu | DOB: 11/12/2011 | Southern California - Irvine
  • LeoJDHuLeoJDHu
    Central Bark Dog Park - the one on Oak Canyon (http://www.yelp.com/biz/irvine-central-bark-dog-park-irvine)

A couple of us are around here - I know Steff777, Foxylover and now you @BruceBillis!

New to DoggyLoot.com? Sign up and get $5 to spend! https://doggyloot.com/invite/f6c292
    New to Wag.com? Sign up and use coupon code "DANW1122" to get 20% off your first order!
  • Stef777Stef777
    We def. all need to get together and have a play date
  • LeoJDHuLeoJDHu
    Are you folks free at night on a weekday? I'm usually in LA on the weekends.

• Stef777Stef777
    Weenends work best for me ;( but maybe some weekday I can go.
  • BruceBillisBruceBillis
    I've only been there a couple of times, so I can't attest to the validity of this, but I've read that the park can get a little stinky on Monday/Tuesdays, and that it's better to go after it's been cleaned.

Since it's closed Wednesdays for cleaning I was thinking of going Thursday or Friday.

Also, I try to take Bruce very early on Saturday mornings (around 6:30-7:30ish), I like getting there before it gets too crowded.
    Bruce Billis | Red-Sesame Shiba Inu | DOB: 11/12/2011 | Southern California - Irvine
  • LeoJDHuLeoJDHu
    I frequent the bark on the weekdays when I'm here - I don't particularly notice any difference in the stench. However, it would make sense given the park is cleaned on a Wednesday :]

In general though, I feel the park is rather clean - most folks pick up after their dogs. At least they do on the grass; the wood chip area is a different story!

• MegaenMegaen
    Glad you were able to give her a home, probably a much happier home from the sound of it.
  • FoxyloverFoxylover
    I usually go to Bark Central at around 10 a.m. on Saturdays. It gives me time to do my morning walk with her and feed her as well as my other morning chores before we go. Since I'm in Orange I don't really like to go that way after work due to traffic.
    Photobucket
  • ttddinhttddinh
    congrats!
  • esiepielaesiepiela
    aaawww...yeah! Congrats on your new baby!
  • She's so adorable!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)