For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
INU did a Lassie today. Redux 4/10/12
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    Early this morning INU started barking incessantly and would not stop. He woke up everyone in the house with his yelping. It turned out that my neighbors house was on fire. Thanks INU. He's my hero.
    犬竜
    Post edited by INU RYUU at 2012-04-10 03:06:46
  • BootzBootz
    Smart Inu! I hope your neighbors were ok since it was early in the morning.
  • FoxyloverFoxylover
    That's awesome!!! What a smart boy you have there. Hope everyone was ok.
    Photobucket
  • XabiXabi
    Whoa! I hope he got some good treats and lots of praise for pointing that one out. I should use this story any time someone at the dog park gets annoyed by their dog's barking or growling. I'm sure for the next few weeks the joke will be "What is it Inu? You say, 'Timmy down a well?!'"
    X & I signature smaller
  • catloreecatloree
    Wow, that's amazing! I hope everyone is safe.
    Catherine (human), Elwood (Shiba), & Sadie (Pomeranian)
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    Luckily no one injured. Just property damage. The fire started in the kitchen. My neighbor is a senior who started to make her breakfast and fell back asleep and the fire spread. She was real lucky because last month she had a court order to clean up her residence because of hoarding. If she was not forced to clean up the story might of had a different ending.
    犬竜
  • Wow, that's pretty cool. Glad everyone is safe.
  • LosechLosech
    Wow, that's freaky. Good for Inu!
  • dorapochdorapoch
    That's amazing! What a smart dog you have there. You know you are safe with him keeping his eye on you
  • koyukikoyuki
    What a champ! Well done Inu!
    Koyuki - red female
    Takeo- cream male
    Kenji- black and tan male
    Suma- sesame female
    Haruki-brindle Japanese Akita Inu
  • speeedspeeed
    Cool!

related?

Kuma started barking seconds before a couple started yelling and fighting at each other at a neighbors house..
  • esiepielaesiepiela
    WOW....that is awesome. Excellent job Inu!!!
  • cli6cli6cli6cli6
    @speeed woaaaaa
  • BrewSterBrewSter
    good work!!!!!!! hope no o ne was hurt but these dogs are good at warning of danger and helping people :) inu and brewster must be members of an underground society of people saving shibas lol
  • go INU!!!
    ninjarf21.tumblr.com
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    A little over a month ago INU alerted us when a neighbor had a fire.

At 1 AM today, INU started barking and yelping incessantly waking me up. My first thought was now what? About two minutes later I heard the sirens of a distant fire engine approaching. It turned out another neighbor had a kitchen fire. Luckily no one was injured in this fire either. Now I know the first time was not a coincidence. Special treats, hugs and kisses for him again. He loves dried Salmon. BTW, Penny slept through the whole thing.
    犬竜
  • LosechLosech
    Good boy Inu!
  • ttddinhttddinh
    Great job inu!
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    Good dog!
    "Common sense isn't so common"
    photo c5d87957-61b6-48af-a440-4187cbfc861b_zps88ccdf88.jpg
  • MomooMomoo
    Smart Inu! He certainly is a hero!
  • BootzBootz
    LOL. No need for fire alarms ;) you have INU.
  • KitsuKitsu
    I think your neighbors need to be more careful :P
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    @kitsu, the residences were built at the same time (50+ years ago) and my suspicion, due to the source of ignition, is that both had original kitchens and equipment in them. Prrobably, the fires started due to equipment failure leading to gas leaks and electric ignition. Its ironic that I work for FDNY (New York City Fire Department). I will pass my suspicions onto the fire marshalls.
    犬竜
  • KitsuKitsu
    Good idea! Those faulty kitchens are cutting into your sleep time! :P But seriously, INU is amazing :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)