For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
I'm Getting a 2nd Shiba Inu! We have a name now, Gidget.
  • GatsuGatsu
    I contacted Pam from Royal Kennels checking if she had any Shibas. She told me she had a 14 week old B/T female Shiba Inu. That's exactly what I was looking for. So now I'm set up to pick her up this coming Friday. Pam did however warn me that this one can be a little devil.

Here is the pic she sent me. All I need is a name. Any suggestions?
    Photobucket

Gidget, is the name. It's none of the names I wanted, but I can live with it.
    Post edited by Gatsu at 2012-03-10 13:05:32
  • hkfirewolfhkfirewolf
    Oh my goodness she is adorable! I love Black and Tans. Anyways what kind of names do you prefer?
    Owned and loved by "Jade"
    ~ DOB: 5/18/11~ Cream Shiba ~
    Post edited by hkfirewolf at 2012-03-06 20:12:09
  • Miyumi_PupMiyumi_Pup
    How exciting!! She is super cute!
    Heather, Logan, and two Shibas named Miyumi & Yoshiro
  • YAAAY puppy!!! XD
  • I say you call her Spitfire. Not only does it evoke images of awesome British planes, but since she can be a little devil it also seems fitting. That way you a bit of a theme, with Guts who has guts and Spitfire who is a spitfire.

That said, for some reason calling her "Fang" would also seem fitting to me, LOL.

Congrats on your new puppy!! She's super cute (she actually looks quite a bit like Zim to me, which makes sense since they're both sired by Ike, LOL) and I'm sure both you and Guts will be thrilled with her. Guts seems like a rambunctious boy and it seems like he'll love having her as a playmate.
  • mcsassymcsassy
    I'd name her Mamba. Like a black mamba...also similar to Simba.....yeahhh kinda reaching out there now.
  • KibaInuKibaInu
    congrats :D
  • koyukikoyuki
    Omg that is one of the cutest puppies ive ever seen! So cute, congratulations!
    Koyuki - red female
    Takeo- cream male
    Kenji- black and tan male
    Suma- sesame female
    Haruki-brindle Japanese Akita Inu
  • Congrats! And she looks very devilish! :)
  • GatsuGatsu
    Oh, I like spitfire! I'm considering it

I like original names.
    Post edited by Gatsu at 2012-03-06 21:09:54
  • deerparkdeerpark
    Awww, how can you call that face a lil devil >:-)
  • What a cute little girl! Why don't you collect a sampling of names and then see what seems "right" when she shows up in (fur)person. " Fae" might be a good name (alt. for "fairie" akin to "imp".)
  • Ooh, Fae is good, especially since the fae are not particularly good, you know? I might have to consider that as a future dog name myself!
  • Akuma? My Japanese is not great but a friend told me it is Japanese for "devil" or "demon." Which is how you said Pam described her...
  • lucylulucylu
    Thats the puppy i enquired about!! Hopefuly lucy gets along with her as good as she gets along with guts on play dates.
  • GatsuGatsu
    I thought the puppy you enquired about was a hijinx puppy?
  • lucylulucylu
    Yup different breeder. Two things could come out of this. Her and lucy will fight till the end or they will team up and take over the world planet of the apes style
  • GatsuGatsu
    God help us all! Now that I have the smallest shiba, I'm gonna have to watch the other shibas drag my puppy by the face.

Here are the names I'm thinking about

Pandora (Pan for short)
    Spitfire
    Akuma
    Leila (a normal name, but it means darkness or something like that)
    or
    Ninja Bitch Assassin
    Post edited by Gatsu at 2012-03-07 09:56:25
  • XabiXabi
    Congratulations. What a cutie! She's got great color for a black and tan. Having a second shiba is so awesome, but make sure you give your guy Guts as much attention too. Taking them out on walks together, though not the easiest experience to pull off, is a highlight of our development. I took my pack around our outdoor mall last Sunday morning expecting it to be pretty dead. But in fact it was packed with people, and everyone wanted to stop and chat about my puppies. If you weren't already inundated with questions, having two (of different colors) will really get folks interested. Luckily, my two like the attention. As far as names go, I like the theme idea, so you could name her Blood (as in blood and guts) or Glory (as in no guts, no glory). I think you should decide when she shows up after a few days. When is she arriving?
    X & I signature smaller
  • GatsuGatsu
    Blood or Glory aren't bad ideas. I'm really liking the name Blood though. But yeah I'm going to wait till I get her before I decide.

I'm picking her up this coming friday. Guts will continue to get plenty of attention and I know he's going to be thrilled to have someone to play with at home.
  • hkfirewolfhkfirewolf
    Amaya means night rain in Japanese.
    Owned and loved by "Jade"
    ~ DOB: 5/18/11~ Cream Shiba ~
  • lucylulucylu
    Ninja bitch assasin!!! If you dont go with that lucy isnt coming out anymore!! Lucifer and ninja bitch assasin for world domination
  • esiepielaesiepiela
    Congrats! She is adorable...and looks like a devil! LOL Good luck!!!!
  • Loki! My friend calls me that whenever I make trouble. :p It may be a male name, but I think it's cute.

(AND SHE'S ADORB.)
  • Akiva101Akiva101
    Part of Akiva's name is Jagger-Taz...cuz he's got the moves like Jagger and he is like the Tazmanian devil from the Bugs Bunny cartoons...kids come up with GREAT names!!!
  • Stef777Stef777
    @Humminggangela- I was going to name Kendauz Loki!! I liked the name ever since I saw Dogma.
  • BootzBootz
    LOL. NINJA BITCH ASSASSIN !!!
  • Awesome, I was just at Pam's a few weeks ago and was playing with her. She is a fight starter. She was picking on the other pups we were playing with. She's got 'tude for sure!
    Hope you can find the perfect name for her. I like Spitfire personally but Blood is cool too, especially if you've seen Blood the Last Vampire.
  • catloreecatloree
    Congrats, that's so exciting! She is ADORABLE!!

I have to say, I really like Blood. Pandora is a great name, too, & fitting since it sounds like she is going to be getting into all kinds of trouble :)
    Catherine (human), Elwood (Shiba), & Sadie (Pomeranian)
  • LaRen616LaRen616
    I absolutely love the name Pandora! That is the name of my puppy's mother. :)

Other cool names: Fury, Milena, Kitana, Rogue, Saphira, Onyx, Coal, Nyx, Ashes or Cinder.
    Lauren

Sinister ~ 5.5 yr old black male GSD 3.11.09
    Draven ~ 16 month old male Dalmatian 6.20.13

Cats: Chaos, Mayhem, Monster, Wicked
  • Fawkes702Fawkes702
    Ninja bitch assassin!!! So adorable! I just adopted a B/T male for my red female! It's been really fun and stressful at once. Good luck!
  • GatsuGatsu
    Why stressful?

honestly I'm not worried, since guts is the older one and he won't care if the puppy has an attitude.
  • Puppies are always stressful, even when they are fun. and bringing a new dog in always has surprises...
  • BootzBootz
    @Gatsu,

Don't jynx it! There could be many reasons why it could be stressful. Right now your house may be in harmony due to the bond between Gatsu and you. But once that puppy comes, all hell CAN break loose. You never know if Gatsu gets jealous and start being protective. Bad habits may suddenly appear!
  • cli6cli6cli6cli6
    omg haha i just called Pam and she said she had a pup but someone is coming to look at her! that was you! congrats! Pam is so awesome. When I had my puppy craziness this week and was calling every breeder I'd be able to drive to she was the one who was immediately empathetic instead of being preachy. If my whole attempt to rescue doesn't work out im gonna be calling Pam back for sure! congrats.
  • GatsuGatsu
    Thank you, sorry that we can't share the puppy!

This is gonna sound stupid. Ever since I found out about the Shiba Inu breed, I wanted a Red Male, and a Black and Tan Female. So around may 2011, I started to look for a shiba inu pup, but I didn't want to be put on a waiting list. I found Royal Kennels and found out they had a 14 week old red male Shiba inu pup. Then I found out he was born jan28, the anniversary of mine and my best friends. I was like, that's cool!

Well I haven't really been looking for a black and tan female. But then I heard that Pam had a litter of black and tan shibas. I was curious so I looked into it. And that's when I notice they were born December 1st. December 1st was also the last day I saw my friend before she passed. And that's when I notice the puppies look like they have angels on their chest. At that moment I knew I had to have one, it had to be one from that litter or else I wouldn't get one. Sadly I did not have money at that time, and I knew the puppies would be gone by the time I would be able to save up enough money. So a few months passed and I finally had enough money, and I decided I'd email Pam for the heck of it just to see if she had any puppies. That's when she told me she still had one black and tan female that was born december 1st. And it was about 14 weeks old(about the same age I got guts).
    Post edited by Gatsu at 2012-03-09 00:35:13
  • That's a great story! I really do think we get the dogs we're meant to get, and that story is just a beautiful illustration of it!
  • SayaSaya
    She looks so cute! Blood is cute name.. lol

I like all the names on your list maybe see which fits when she comes home. hehe. :)

Saya was such awesome puppy I wish I could relive her as pup again luckily I took tons of pictures of her to remember. hehe

Guts will be happy to have a buddy at home. :)

Saya's buddy is my parent's boxer I plan to get a second dog for myself once I move out or something.. She needs a buddy with shiba playstyle.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • I really hope you can give her the perfect home, and that she works out for especially because of the Bday. That would be the most awesome thing ever! Can't wait to hear how it goes!
  • BootzBootz
    aww what a great story indeed. Keep us posted! (with pictures of course please)!
  • lucylulucylu
    Guts' owner has a little "I'll do what I want" type Shiba on his hands. Hope he doesn't mind me posting this, but he texted me when he got there and said his new pup barked at him as he approached the fence and then kept trying to nip at his hands.

Guts is one of the most laid back care free dogs I've ever seen. It's about time his owner got a Shiba that comes with all the Shiba attitude!!

Can't wait to meet her, though. She's a really good looking dog.
  • BootzBootz
    :) i hope the dog gets along well with the Guts & Lucy combo!
  • GatsuGatsu
    Guts is a little too rough playing, should have seen this coming lol.

Yep this one was the shiba attitude. She growled at guts for getting too close to her toys, lol. She even got snippy with me for trying to grab the toys. So it looks like I'm gonna have to do some research. :(

Photobucket

Guts and Pup playing

Growling

• INU RYUUINU RYUU
    Your new girl is feisty like my Penny. Watch out for high value reward conflict. Penny can be selfish. I'll give both bullysticks and she will take INU's away from him. Then, I'll give him another one. Penny will have one in her mouth, her foot on another and looks at INU with a "now what do I do expression" on her face. She then concentrates on what she has. Penny can be a real bitch when it comes to Bullysticks.
    犬竜
  • Whooo it looks like you got a little spitfire on your hands for sure! So did you decide on a name for her? Also I never caught where are you located? I got my 2 shibas from Pam and I live north Cincy, if you are near by maybe we can meet up at a dog park or something and have a Royal Kennels Shiba Play Day?
  • GatsuGatsu
    I'm from Wisconsin. If I wasn't in a rush when I was getting her, I defiantly would have wanted to meet up.

Guts still takes away her things, so I hope she gets use to it, and stop her growling.

Anyways I've been using a chest to block entrance to one of the other rooms. Guts saw the pup try to jump it, so Guts gave it a shot and got over it. Then the pup tried again and made it over. :( Damn a year of tricking guts into thinking the chest was an impenetrable barrier down the drain!
  • oh yeah, you got a feisty one on ya. good luck!
  • esiepielaesiepiela
    LOL...she does sound feisty! Good luck to you! I'm sure it will all work out perfectly.
  • Well, she's not going to stop resource guarding (what she's doing with the growling) just because. In fact, it will get worse as she gets older, so yeah, I think some research is in order! ;) You'll have to work with the resource guarding and the growling, and Shiba bitches are generally, well, bitchier, than males, so you'll need to be prepared to intervene when necessary and teach appropriate behaviors so it doesn't escalate to fights as they get older.

Earlier intervention is way better. Been there, wish I'd done that! :)
  • SayaSaya
    Cute pup I love the name Gidget.
    She reminds me of Saya as a puppy she growled a lot during play with Bella it was friendly though.

Here's a book on resource guarding.
    http://www.amazon.com/Mine-Practical-Guide-Resource-Guarding/dp/0970562942/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1328913609&sr=8-3
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • konpeitokonpeito
    Cuuute, look at that tongue! Love the name choice. Good luck with the resource guarding, at least you're able to work on it with her now while she's young.
    Apollo the Shiba Blog - red male - d.o.b. 10/30/11

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)