For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
"Frozen"/spooked dog - what to do?
  • AWE46M3AWE46M3
    Post edited by sunyata at 2013-06-06 11:55:19
  • Can't watch the videos, they are listed as "private."
  • Stef777Stef777
    The videos do not work but from what you described it kinda sounds like he is focused on something. Maybe an animal? Kendaux will do this sometimes when he is extremly focused on the cat. He will stand very still and just focus but he is still receptive to his surroundings and will respond when I call him or tell him to stop.
  • AWE46M3AWE46M3
    OK, videos should work now. If not, I'll just attach a direct link. Forgive me, I'm a bit of a youtube newb when it comes to uploading and sharing videos from there.

Stef - I'm not sure if that's the same thing. Usually when he sees a small animal (most often a squirrel) he goes into a hunt/predator mode and most of the time ignores us. He will almost look right through us if he's watching an animal... haha
  • McYogiMcYogi
  • GatsuGatsu
    Wow your Shiba looks so much like mine! Where did you get him from?

Post edited by Gatsu at 2012-02-22 14:30:47
  • Stef777Stef777
    @awe46m3 - yea that doesn't look like what Kendaux does. I agree with McYogi it kinda just looks like he wants to stay outside.
  • AWE46M3AWE46M3
    I'm not really sure if it was because he did not want to come in. The reason is because when I walked into the kitchen, he was already inside with his tail down and gently shaking. When I got closer is when he stepped outside. Another reason I think he was spooked by something is because he usually does not sit, or stay, and allow me to walk around him as I did in the video. The next door neighbor does have a baby that cries from time-to-time (as most tend to do...=P) so maybe that had something to do with it, though he usually barks when he hears the crying. He was looking to his left mostly in those videos and that is where the sound would come from. Generally speaking, when he does not want to come in he runs around like crazy trying to entice us to chase him around. I could just be too paranoid at this point; I definitely do not want to be the pet owner at the vet's office or calling them every week...
    Post edited by AWE46M3 at 2012-02-23 02:57:12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)