For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Lost Shiba in Estancia, NM
  • pekupekupekupeku
    I received this email below from a rescue coordinator to pass along. Please contact Ramona Wilson at the number below.

WE HAVE A SHIBA INU THAT APPEARS TO BE PUREBRED IN THE SHELTER IN ESTANCIA NM SHE HAS BEEN IN SHELTER FOR 10 DAYS. WE ARE 60 MILES SE OF ABQ, NM MY PH# IS 505-384-3203(SHARED PHONE)
  • Oh god that's not too far from me! But the thing is, I can't go get her, because I already have dogs that don't get along, and can't add another female Shiba...I wish I could go get her....

eta: Then I wondered if New Mexico Akita rescue could help, but looks like they are overwhelmed. Three Akitas came in last week, and 8 or 9 more this week! They're desperate for foster homes, too. Usually not this much activity with the Akita rescue, so this is particularly bad, there usually aren't Shibas around at all.... :(
    Post edited by shibamistress at 2012-02-15 01:56:38
  • pekupekupekupeku
    Wow! That's a lot of Akitas that need foster homes. I completely sympathize with the rescue group...I also wished I could foster but I'm in the same situation as you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)