For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Shiba prison break
  • SakuSaku
    Post edited by Saku at 2012-02-06 15:27:06
  • BootzBootz
    Saku. My friend who has Shibas....her shibas can turn the Knobs on the doors. So I won't be surprised if yours can! :) though if possible would you like to record yours in action?!

Bootz is just as sneaky. When I work I give her access to my bedroom + hallway. But block off the stairs with a "Great wall of China". The last couple of times she was able to cross the wall...do damage in the living room...then return back to her place and pretend she did nothing. I am curious how she was able to do this....(planning on buying a webcam that can stream video online).

But for now I have installed a wooden gate :)
    Post edited by Bootz at 2012-02-06 15:45:15
  • sunyatasunyata
  • BrewSterBrewSter
    ahahaha brewster has learned to jump as well, we used to leave in with a 4 foot tall gate which gave him a pen in my hallway for when we went out to dinner or movie or shopping,long story short was that thing worked till he was about 5 1/2 mos. old and he discovered he can jup over it...lucky for us he is content to play with only his toys and lay on the couch while we are gone :) start doin trust excersises with them so you can let him have the run of the house but not all the shiba toyslike paper and bags and shoes :) best of luck
  • BootzBootz
    @sunyata. That is sad to hear. Must be devastating to come home to something like that. Long story short, after a chocolate incident, we puppy proof the WHOLE house even if they are confined to one area. Food has to be in cabinets, sealed containers or behind closed doors.

Although off topic but I thought was cute. There has been TWO incidents where food was accidentally left out. I heard a bunch of barking from Jackie AND Bootz (which is not common) and came to find Jackie standing in front of the food guarding it from Bootz, who was trying to eat it. It was surprising to see since Jackie is 5 lbs and Bootz is 22 lbs.
  • InoushiInoushi
    A good precaution is to place things of that nature ontop of tall book cases, or the highest cabinets, fridge. If you don't want to crate its important to really keep track of household dangers.
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
  • SakuSaku
  • Sometimes dogs can open doors by repeatedly banging against them. Sukoshi used to do that.
  • BrewSterBrewSter
    i just read that thread and am now terrified to leave brewster alone because of how intellegent he is,but he keep anything he can choke or suffocate on up high in cabinets,the only thing he might get into his is tub of food in a lower cabinet but the is sealed and normaly filled with 10+lbs of food but that story is very sad and brewster is learning to open doors on his own :/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)