For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
If your dog was a high school student.....
  • deerparkdeerpark
    My dog's trainer posted this on Facebook earlier and was so much fun. Look forward to reading everyones description =)

"Let's indulge in a little anthropomorphism! If your dog was a high school student what clique or social group would he or she be a part of? What would her hobbies be? How would he dress?"
  • deerparkdeerpark
    I wrote, he'd be a happy go lucky winter sports athlete with a daredevil streak (Think Shawn White). Ladies like his smile and good looks but not sure what to do with his dorky personality that could use maturing (Think Finn from Glee). He would be a jeans and t-shirt kindda guy. What would yours be like?
  • SayaSaya
    A bit lazy in the morning, but in after noon she is ready to do things. Loves games(Saya loves watching the TV when I play Okami or persona4lol), type that likes Hiking in woods.

A bit of a loner with some people, but people she likes she loves talk about her interest! haha

Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    INU would be a Jock. He loves running, jumping and leading other dogs in a group chases (team sports). He would dress casually but stylish. As a hobby he would would put together puzzles since he likes to problem solve. Penny would be like Dalia in the tv show Suburgatory. She has a I am better than you attitude and selectively pays attention only to other dogs she perceives as her peers. She would wear only designer clothes. For work I do not think so. Her hobby would be shopping.
    犬竜
  • I think Maci would be the misunderstood rebel/bitch. Haha. She is very independent and does what she wants when she wants. Ever since she was a puppy, nothing has stopped her from exploring. She'd probably also be a name brand snob because unless it's something good I give her, she turns her nose at it. She does have a soft side though that you only get to see unless you are close to her. I think her hobby would be sky diving because she always tries to jump out the car window going 70 down the highway!
  • lucylulucylu
    Lucy would be what her parents called a misguided soul, but the rest of society would call a F$%#( Bitch. She'd steal all the other kids' possession and dare them to fight her.
  • GatsuGatsu
    Guts would be the kid that parties way too much, and way too hard. He doesn't want any trouble, he just wants to party.
    Post edited by Gatsu at 2012-01-31 21:14:35
  • lucylulucylu
    Guts would totally be the party kid that dabbles in a little bit of weed. No doubt. Lucy would be his GF, who he beats up if she doesn't do what he wants, but she's too afraid to get out of the relationship.
    Post edited by lucylu at 2012-01-31 21:19:12
  • GatsuGatsu
    Oh no Guts is in one of his Drunken Rages again, and he's going to take it out on Lucy! lol
  • lucylulucylu
    Still amazes me that Lucy dares any dog she meets to fight, but Guts basically rips her ears and legs off and she does nothing. Never got real angry once.
  • esiepielaesiepiela
    Zach would be a jock but the kind of jock that was friends with all the other kids even the nerds!
  • Sakura would be the spoiled little daddy's girl with a dark streak. Around daddy she is perfect and innocent, the minute he leaves, she would be the one planning world domination.
    Stefanie & Sakura Twin Cities - MN
  • Kenzo would be a knivving bastard. Quiet, dresses well, probably gay, thinks he's better than you, and just likes to f*ck with people. He does have a temper though.... Well at least that's how he acts toward humans.

Towards dogs.. He still thinks he's better, but he's much nicer. But, if he isn't interested, he isn't interested at all. So a snob either way.
    Post edited by hummingangela at 2012-02-01 00:56:22
  • Toby would be the rebel without a cause type--he'd wear a black leather jacket and ride a very fast motorcycle. He'd snarl at anyone who tried to tell him what to do, and would eventually drop out, because he'd be considered a bad element. He'd get in a lot of fights too. (Toby actually did almost get kicked out of his puppy class for "intimidating" the other puppies by staring at them. He also gets in a lot of fights). Smart, but totally unwilling to submit to any authority but his own.

Bel? Oh dear! She'd be the crazy girl. Pretty, quiet, shy, a bit overlooked because she just seems like the nice shy girl. Until she goes totally psycho crazy on someone and tries to kill them. And obsessively crazy too....Fatal attraction type!

Oskar the Akita? I'd like to think he'd be a jock, because he's so big and looks like he should be. But he's not really that athletic. Instead, he'd be the big, kind of handsome guy that everyone assumes is just a dumb jock, but instead, he's actually a sweet, sensitive guy who tries to get along with everyone, but mostly likes to hang back and watch the action. Very loyal--he's the big guy who would back up his smaller friends if they got into fights.
  • YukikoYukiko
    What a great (and fun) topic!
    @INURYUU Your description of your Penny being Dalia from Suburgatory is almost exactly how I feel about Yuki. :D Yuki would also be the really pretty but mean cheerleader who goes from trend to trend - one day sushi would be good, the next day sushi will be so "last year" and fro-yo will be the new thing. Her work is being beautiful and a tease. She loves to be the center of attention but likes to bark orders at all those around her.
    Post edited by Yukiko at 2012-02-01 08:56:22
  • Azami would be a bitchy goth kid who loves to pick on her sweet cheerleader younger sister Hanabi. :P Basically, they're an anime waiting to happen.
  • I love this topic, its so funny!

My poor Fira would be the girl that dresses like Kristin Stewart's Bella from Twilight in high school (the flannel, and/or non-dressy button up shirts with jeans) because its just daddy raising her and he doesn't know any better of what clothes to buy her daughter lol. She goes along with it because she is a daddy's girl and there's no one else she cares for more. She's really shy and introverted around others (around other dogs Fira right now goes in her crate until she has time to make sure they are okay), but she'll really get along well with the teachers (Fira definitely likes people more than other dogs although there's still a warm-up period). I think there would be a part of her that would be a sports addict because of how wound up Fira gets playing with her toys. She apparently will like watching sports because Fira actually watches the TV a lot more than normal when we've got sports on (especially Chicago Bulls! basketball).
    So in short, a shy introverted Bella Swan-type high school student. If I see any sparkly dogs while walking Fira, I'm running the other way!
  • catloreecatloree
    Elwood would be the lovable class clown who makes everybody laugh, gets along with everyone, and sometimes (usually...) forgets to turn in his homework.

Sadie would be the preppy cheerleader who sticks her nose up at all of the other kids but that the teachers love because she's a straight-A student.
    Catherine (human), Elwood (Shiba), & Sadie (Pomeranian)
  • sunyatasunyata
    Haha. Cute idea. :)

Bella would be the top of the social order, beautiful, athletic girl who is a complete and utter bully (and also a drama queen). Everyone would want to be around her though, but she definitely knows how to put those who are 'beneath' her in their place. Haha.

Nola would have been the happy go lucky, gets along with most everyone, band geek.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • tkfushtkfush
    How fun! My husband and I was talking about how Yuki would be if she were a high school kid just last week!

Yuki would be the social butterfly who floats around from group to group each week. She makes sure she hangs out with everyone...the jocks, nerds, artists, goths, etc. But although she tries to be friends with everyone, she's kind of a bully- stealing toys from the youngsters, taking out the legs of the big awkward kid (the masiff) and running laps around the porky nerdy kid who just wants to her friend (the bulldog). She also has ADHD and gets bored easily. Doesn't like to do homework. Doesn't pay attention in class. She just wants to play and have fun!
  • XabiXabi
    I think Xabi would be a preppy jock with a glass jaw. I always say he's a conservative or libertarian since he's usually well behaved unless there's a rowdy group of protesters around. He was not a fan of a group of Occupy styled protesters who were making a lot of noise during one of our monthly outdoor art gallery crawls. And when we went to the Rennaisance Fair last year he wast certainly suspect of the roving bands of gypsies. But even though he talks a lot of trash and plays rough, he can turn on the "ouch, help me; I'm dying" switch at a moments notice.

Iker is a still developing girl, so I'm still taking notes on her behavior. Right now she is all tomboy. She's a fearless little lass (jumped off a picnic table onto concrete the other day - at thirteen weeks!), so I think she'd be the homecoming queen in the football uniform. The one who kicks the winning field goal after winning the award at halftime getting her picture in the yearbook wearing a tiara & eye black. Of course... I am biased.
    X & I signature smaller
    Post edited by Xabi at 2012-02-01 14:30:56
  • Kona would be that quiet nice kid in class. I feel like he should be carrying around a sketch book or something.Think shaggy dark hair and one of those small secret smiles. He's friendly to everyone, but has a thing against bullies. He's probably chased one or two off while at the elementary school where he volunteers in a sort of big brother program.
    (sketch to follow after work)
  • Sukoshi would be the serious library student who observes everything and everybody. Because of her powers of observation, she usually understands group dynamics and gets along with most folks.

Hoshi would be the guy in the back of the class who daydreams, but who is also a sometimes prankster.
  • Kenji would definitely be a social butterfly and a ladies man. He would be a jock, but would love to be friends with everyone. He would be the quiet type in class, and would only speak up when he has something meaningful to say.
  • dorapochdorapoch
    Ginko would be a friendly jock who has a really competitive side that he can't hold back, even in just friendly play, and causes others to get hurt. But is a crybaby when he gets a good knock on his head :P. He has a bit of an attitude, too. But is quickly learning that it's getting him nowhere with everyone else.

• ljowen123ljowen123
    Jazz would be that just way-too-pretty-to-be-real gal who speaks to very, very few people. She has her own table and allows just a few people to visit with her. She keeps nearly everyone at arm's length and is not afraid to let someone know what she thinks. She'd have average grades because while she's super smart - she just doesn't want to be bothered by mindless tasks.
    LJ - owned by Queen Jazz, a Shiba Inu, Atlanta, GA
    CSC_0144
  • sunyatasunyata
    lol @ljowen123

That sounds so familiar. :)
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
    Post edited by sunyata at 2012-02-02 08:43:36
  • HamletHamlet
    Hamlet would be the ladies man/popular guy. He'd be the one always hanging out by the lockers, winking at the girls, and just scraping by getting his homework in on time -- but the teachers wouldn't mind since he's so charming.

Juliet would be that sweet teacher's pet who sits in the front of the class and always tries to help the teacher out or just be nice. She would get all A's, on various committees for her "resume", and would be that dorky but sweet kid who laughs at the wrong time.
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    @hamlet, juliet sounds like Lisa Simpson
    犬竜
  • HamletHamlet
    Exactly!!
  • HamletHamlet
    ..........Do I have Bart and Lisa Simpson in my house?! O.o
  • SakuSaku
    lol! I love this thread!
    Saku would be a social butterfly, ladies man, and teacher's pet. He is the kind that would give teachers apples and manuipulate everyone to his own advantages! Mina would be an awkward and shy girl who is always in the corner observing everyone. She is kind and sweet but has a crazy side of her. Think Kate Perry in Last Friday music video. A couple of drinks down, she would be WILLLLLLLLLLLLLD!

And even though Mina is an intraverted girl, she can kick Saku's ass anytime if he pisses her off!

ha!
    Saku & Mina's mom

Saku & Mina
    Post edited by Saku at 2012-02-03 11:05:48
  • Mika would be known as the school slut...Every guy she ran into she would have to kiss
    them to death:)
    Fred and Jodie...Madison WI

**Mika....The Shiba Inu**

**Zoey....The Schipperke**
  • ttddinhttddinh
    Rofl! Bea would totally be teachers pet, not caring about the other dogs
  • Eevee would be the "Queen Bee" (reference to Mean Girls) who believes everything revolves around her. If anything does not go her way, she'll find ways to turn your day upside down. If you get on her good side, she'll just cuddle up next to you and give you a surprise fart. ...*sigh.
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    I Thought I would do a rough analysis of the answers by fitting them into similar categories:

21% Jock/Athelete
    34% Bitch/Snob
    24% Party Animal
    21% Lone Wolf

犬竜
    Post edited by INU RYUU at 2012-02-04 16:05:57
  • MegaenMegaen
    Lena would be the sweet/nice girl until you do something that wasn't done to her liking, then she'd just make your life miserable

Toshiro would be the quiet observing one trying to figure everyone out
    Post edited by Megaen at 2012-02-04 16:59:05
  • the handsome lone wolf
    ninjarf21.tumblr.com
  • Toby's a lone wolf type, but there wasn't a category for psycho bitch in the break down! Ha! Is Bel really the only one? **

** Well, she is one of a kind!
    Post edited by shibamistress at 2012-02-04 21:32:28
  • Zim was be the very cool doesn't-give-a-crap type who sleeps through class. He would be super chill right up until the administration did something he didn't like, at which point he would throw a one-man completely over the top protest right outside of the school with huge speakers blaring rock music and whatnot. The other kids would agree with his cause, but think that that kind of reaction to changing Tuesday's dessert from cake to brownies was really kind of weird.
  • natashanatasha
    We belong to a dog club and train every Sunday, my shiba Yuki flirts unashamedly with all the big guys. At the moment a GSD is her absolute favourite but she also flirts with a Great Dane and recently this huge Rottweiler has caught her eye. So I guess if she were human she'd be the girl dating all the body builders and athletes :))
  • Azuki would be the ultra competitive straight-A student; she'd be grade-aggressive with her classmates and pushy towards her teachers to get the A+! But if it's not on the test (i.e., there's no reward/treat), forget about it! She might offer a high five, but her heart's not in it.

She would also be an athlete, since she loves to play and compete...but she doesn't care much who wins, so she'd be a team sports kind of girl (maybe lacrosse? she loves to run after things, pick them up, and carry them for a little while). She also might throw out the rule book and, while laughing, ignore the ref!

She'd probably have lots of friends and obsess about one older pretty & popular girl--the model of who she'd like to be in the future--and while the older girl might be annoyed when she's around, she ultimately thinks of her as a little sister and defends her if anyone is rude.

As for boys? Eh, they're ok.

• amtiamti
    What a fun thread!

Kaji is the male social butterfly of the freshman class. He always has a smile on his face and comes to school ready for fun. He loves everyone and every body and doesn't understand (and even gets hurt) when they don't want to be his friend. He's sort of a goody two shoes, but he's still younger than most kids, so that could change given time. He chews on the end of all his pencils... maybe out of boredom, or maybe just because it is fun. He dresses a little frat boy, a little surfer boy, and a little of his own style because he really couldn't care less about brands. He'd be in tee shirts, shorts and flip flops all day if he could. He buys second hand because he thinks it is cooler and no one else can copy his style. He's the running back on the football team and the girls think he's cute but he can't seem to get any girl into a serious relationship with him. It might have something to do with his over-protective mom. lol

Taisho is the tough football stud at school that walks around with his Letterman's jacket. Under his jacket, he wears polos, jeans and tennis shoes. He always looks great. He's the kind of boy that will join a fraternity in college and have a blast. He's very protective of his girlfriend and has a few very good friends, but his social network is relatively small. He doesn't understand how his best friend Kaji can be so trusting of everyone. He keeps to himself unless he thinks someone's crossed the line, in which he will vocalize his opinion. He may look tough on the outside, but to those who know him well, they all know he is a real sweetheart and will watch their backs forever.

Sheba is the girl who got picked on all the time because of her weight. She was a loner due to the bullying she received during her younger years, but since entering high school, she's joined a drama club and has made a few friends and has slowly been coming out of her shell and patching up her wounds. She's beginning to enjoy school for the first time. She has a crush on a guy in her math class, Kaji, who she finds adorable because he's nice to her. She's thinking about what to wear to school now instead of just going in sweats and tees. She's been asked to audition for the school play, but is still a bit insecure and unsure about her own abilities. She just may try out though... keep your fingers crossed!

Here's my gang (Sheba, Taisho, and Kaji), waiting for the school doors to open!
    Three amigos <span class=:) photo DSC00078_zpsd2932674.jpg" style="border: 0px;">
    Post edited by amti at 2013-12-06 22:04:04
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    I have to share my rendition of what high school student Kira would be:

Kira is the popular, smart, pretty and preppy girl. The one that everyone knows and always has a crowd surrounding her. But she's different than others that we have all known - she isn't stuck up and doesn't act like she's better than everyone else. Kira would have been voted prom queen because she is friendly, beautiful, and IS NICE TO EVERYONE. I know this sounds unlike what Shibas usually are, but Kira is such a great, socialized puppy that she acts more like a lab puppy around other people and other dogs. I hope she stays this way and doesn't turn into that snobby pretty girl!

My preppy girl shopping with me at the dog-friendly mall

Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • RikkaRikka
    Hmmm...

I feel like Sagan would be overly social--the kind of exhausting type, too. He would gravitate towards everyone and have a conversation with just about anyone, but have a threshold. He'd be weird, a bit loud, but protective towards those close to him. If he doesn't agree with something, he'll immediately say something. He's gotten into a few fights with authority and higher-ups at school (thinking back on him being kicked out of daycare for "being too rough"). He'd tease people because he likes to get reactions.

He'd definitely be the jock type, I think, lol. He's quite bulky and athletic. Probably would bask in the glory and love the attention if he were to be in his school's sports team.
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
    Post edited by Rikka at 2013-12-06 12:58:22
  • Ginger

Would be the half-naked tom boy that goes and plays sneeky little pranks on kids. (like tapping their shoulder and then running off) Her hobbies would include track and possibly football, as she loves stealing the ball and bolting off in one direction until everyone just gives up catching her.
    Her other hobbies may include art class, but strangely she would only paint with her nose....
  • PeppaPeppa
    Peppa will be the hyper popular cheerleader (with ADHD), bitchy n snobby but kind at heart
  • Yoshis that pothead whos always happy, doesnt care about how he dresses,always has the munchies and is cool with everybody.hes always falling asleep in class but the teachers pass him because they dont want to see him again next year. Lol.
  • tatonkatatonka
    BUELLER?!

Can't go to school today. Sick. *koff*
    Monkey!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)