For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
New year's resolutions for our shibas
  • SakuSaku
    2011 is the year my two shibas, Saku and Mina, waltz into my life! I thought I was prepared but I was clumpsy at my best!

As corny as it sounds, my new year's resolutions for my shibas are:

1. Spend more time with them individually.
    2. Be more diligent in socializing and training them. My goals for this year is a really "solid" sit-stay and down-stay for both Mina and Saku and a good recall.
    3. Help Mina to build her confidence around strangers and new environments.
    4. Put more efforts in agility training with Saku. I hope to work on my handling skills more.
    3. Be more educated about canine behaviors and health to help other shiba and dog owners.
    4. DESTROY puppy mills (okay..it's a bit dilutional) but I hope to discourage others from buying dogs in pet stores and online.

How about your new year's resolutions with your shibas? :)
    Saku & Mina's mom

Saku & Mina
  • BrewSterBrewSter
    we will be will be working on social (human and other dogs) skills as well as recall and basic sit stay laydown etc...and we got him from a store but we lucked out and so far to the best of out knowlege isnt from a mill and the vet says hes a perfectly healthy puppy :) we will be taking him for a second visit soon tho just to make sure there is nothing he might need :) (he was kind of an impulse buy but we talked about it and did tons of research before we surrendered our lives to him)
  • Tosh and I want to be more active. Tosh is in very good shape but his owner however ..... We have a camping trip in June planned and I want to be able to keep up to him hiking .
  • BootzBootz
    Our new years resolution for our shiba, Bootz is more recall training! Bootz is well socialized now, but the funny thing is...our non shiba Jackie is the one that need socializing....So thats our second resolution. Third would be house training them in the new house :)
  • Sukoshi (and her owner) need to focus on diet and exercise some more.

• LosechLosech
    Conker could use a brush up on recall and he needs to quit harassing the Girls when I prepare their food in the morning. We also need to hike more and get in better shape! We're doing good so far but it's not quite enough.
  • inupamuinupamu
    For Nalah, Paco, and I, we'd like to focus more on exercise and play time. I know my schedule is going to get busy with school and work, but I'm dedicated to our play time, walks, and exercise.
  • esiepielaesiepiela
    Since Zach is still a puppy we are going to work on commands this year (lots of training classes) and lots of exercise and tons of playtime!!!!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)