For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
How fast do puppies breath?
  • I've been a little concerned every since I brought Joey home that seems to breath really really quickly. I understand that it is going to take him longer than Lucy to catch his breath after they've been running around and that since he has smaller lungs he'll breath more quickly. But, for example, right now they've both been sleeping for an hour and a half and Joey is taking six breaths for every one of Lucy's. Is this something I should be concerned about?
  • BradA1878BradA1878
  • scarletscarlet
  • Thanks Elaine. It just seems extra fast, especially since he's resting. Lucy is well within the normal rate, probably around 20 breaths per minute. Since Joey takes six breaths to her one, we're talking about 120 breaths per minute. That seems really fast. I may call the vet just to put my mind at ease.
  • tsukitsunetsukitsune
  • scarletscarlet
  • sujewelsujewel
  • Thanks for the link Barbara. I'm almost positive it is a result of him having his warm puppy coat and me not having turned on the air conditioner yet. I finally turned it on Thursday evening and he's been a lot better since. If it doesn't stay better, then I'm going to get him checked.
  • sujewelsujewel
  • scarletscarlet
    thinking back, Jodi was a heavy breather at 9 months.  Worried me.
  • No worries Barbara. I hope this next week is better for you!
  • sujewelsujewel
  • For the most part it is better. He still has some moments, but he recovers quicker now that the AC is on.
  • sujewelsujewel
    Fantastic.
  • shandrewshandrew

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)