For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Peeing in the house when I am around
  • Buddy ONLY pees in the house (on floor or on bed) when I am around. When it is just my boyfriend with him he is fine. He sits at the door when he wants to go out. But when it is just me or me and my boyfriend he pees. I don't know what it is. Any ideas?
  • LaRen616LaRen616
    What are you doing when he pees? Is there a possibility that he is showing the signs of needing to go potty and you are missing them because you are busy doing something? Is he really excited when he pees?

Can you give an example of what you are doing and what he is doing when he pees?
    Lauren

Sinister "The Prince of Darkness" ~ 5 yr old black male GSD 3.11.09
    Draven "Dakota's Unbreakable Vow" ~ 10 month old male Dalmatian 6.20.13
    Cats: Chaos, Mayhem, Monster, Wicked
  • MayamaMayama
    Maya was kind of like that when she's a puppy. We put a pee pad in the kitchen and she knew where to go when we are not around. However, when we are home, she would just pee right next to us without any warnings. After more observation, I did notice she showed some signs before going, but in a very very subtle way. She would lay on the ground and refuse to move, even when I walk into the kitchen (she always follows me into the kitchen otherwise, in case there's an opportunity to get a treat). It's really hard to notice, even after knowing what to look for, I still missed it a few times, but she eventually grew out of it, and can hold till we take her out now.
    Shiba Inu Maya's blog and FB page

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion