For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Schenectady - 19th Annual Fireplug 500 Walk for Animals
  • For those of you in the Capital Region in NY (or for those willing to make the drive), there is a fundraiser and walk this Saturday in Central Park in Schenectady, NY. (Approximately 2.5 hour drive from NYC)

Here's the website:

I live in the Capital Region, and I attended last year and it was really fun! There's a short walk (about a mile at most), and there's also plenty of vendors, food, free goody bags, and games. Last time I attended, there was some cute games for dogs. Rocky was not fond of the 'wet t-shirt contest', where we had to run with our dogs to a bucket, submerge it in water, attempt to put the wet t-shirt on the dog and run back to the finish line. Yeah... we came in last place. I couldn't even get the shirt on him.

There was also a musical chair game, where we walked our dogs in the circle and when the music stopped, we had to get our dog to sit as fast as possible. We won!! There's prizes for winning, too. Yay! :)
  • I'm from Johnstown, NY so that's pretty dang close. :D sounds fun!