For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
How many different names do you call your Shiba?
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    I love Lady Yuki Featherbottom! Hilarious!

Kira's nicknames are: Kira Bear, Kira Monster, and I also have endearing names I call her like "My Love" and "Princess"

Kira Bear is by far the one I call her the most, while my bf prefers Kira Monster. I will shout Kira Bear and my boyfriend will respond with Kira MONSTER!
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • I can't chip in with Oki's nick names since we haven't brough him home yet (less than 5 weeks to go!), but here's what I call our other pets, I hope you don't mind me saying!

Miles (cat): Miley, Miley poo, Miley bum, Meeles, Milesy, Big guy

Koji (cat): Koj, Little man

Marzipan (rabbit): Marz, Marzi, Marzi-bun

Truffle (rabbit): Truffs, Truffsky

Both rabbits: Destructobuns, Rageful bunnies, Angry buns (just because they kick stuff out of their cage and throw toys outside it all the time, we joke they are full of rage and hatred but they're actually really sweet and have never bitten)

I'm predicting the following for Oki (full name Okonomiyaki): Okster, Ok, Oks, Oki woki

Oh and Maple (hamster): Mapes, Ham-ho, Hamster, Ham ham, Bitey
  • Sometimes I call Sushi "Sushiko," "SuSu," or "Chompy."
    Post edited by LaurenG at 2013-11-17 21:53:28
  • Sriracha...

Affectionately : Srira-cha-cha-cha, The Princess, Red Princess, Baby Girl.

Acting Shiba-ish: Princess Consuela Pissy Pants, Wingnut, Nutter Butter, Drama Queen, Crazy eyes.

Just because: Pizzle breath (serious funk), Shiba pleaze, snuggle bug/bunny, wiggle puppy.
    Post edited by kasnerd at 2013-11-18 00:50:12
  • Hehe we call Tira "Doge" these days after discovering those shiba memes...so now we say things like "let's go walk the doge", or "the doge is hungry".
  • Kiba0713Kiba0713
    Kiba, kibala, bitey biterson, the little demon, little monster, love.

And when people on the street ask his name and what breed he is we get lots of "Kiba the Shiba!" exclamations. It's almost like his official neighborhood title, or like a wrestling star nickname... Kiba "the Shiba" (last name).
  • Kuma: Ku bear, Ku Ku, Ku-ster, and something else which can't be disclosed lol
  • This has no doubt been posted before, but my old eyes refuse to do 108 posts. My girl came to me named Kira. So going the way of a Japanese family, I took Ki (kee) and added the familial -chan. So she has been Ki-chan since her first day in the house. Pretty deaf, only one semi-working eye but she is the greatest, funniest, silliest dog you will ever meet, your own the exception of course... ;- )

FWIW, Wan-chan is the loving name for dogs as the don't say bow-wow, they say wan-wan in Japan.
    Post edited by Streetglide at 2013-11-19 16:14:05
  • AntoinetteAntoinette
    Quake, my Quake (pronounced Quakee), my little boy, Quakester, my little love, my angel, my Quakee boy.
  • devonmlewisdevonmlewis
    We call Yuki (You-Kee) Yux (Yooks) a lot. People call him Yuke-ster and I am not a fan of that for some reason. And my sweet sweet baby boy << because I'm a sucker! hahaha.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist
    I baby-talk with my animals, especially my cat, whom I call "Pookie". :-S

(Sorry for the link, but I did write about this in my blog, my cat has some interesting nicknames: http://kawaiitoothandclaw.wordpress.com/2014/03/07/nicknames/ )
    Post edited by poltergeist at 2014-04-19 11:34:11
  • "Banjo", lil buddy, little f***er (for when I'm mad at him but not correcting him. It's said with love), fur monster, baby face. My buddy's all him Benji or baby face benji. Occasionally he gets a B-money but that's when he's being reminded of a no-no.
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    Besides Kira Bear, Kira's new nickname is now "Empress Kira" :D
    imageimage

• DabishDabish
    Marv, marvy, marvs, marveykins, marvey bear, marvey poo, sir, captain America when using his red leash and blue collar lol
  • LaurenGLaurenG
    Sushi's latest nicknames are "Pooper" (affectionately) and "Little Gir."
  • I've had Ripley for all of three days and she's already got so many nicknames I don't think she'll ever learn her real one. Mostly I just shorten it to Rip. Sometimes Ripper or Rippy, Foxface or Triangle Head. A lot of the time she just gets called dog, or Shi-b***h when she gets an attitude.
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    Ahhhh!!! I love Shi-b****!
    And Triangle Head, that's different!
    imageimage

• poltergeistpoltergeist
    @Dabish ah, no Noh-Varr? :D ;)
  • @Kira_Kira Their heads just seem so perfectly triangular in like every way when you look down on them, especially with those ears! XD
  • Someone else says triangle head!!! Haha I say that one all the time!

I call Romeo so many things.... Husband calls him "Alpha Romeo" a lot, I call him
    - Booby(Boober) Head
    - Hummy
    - Hummus Sunshine
    - Boullion Cube
    - Pumpkin Roll
    - Handsome
    - Foxy

I think there are probably more, too...
    Owner at Foxtrot Creative Studio. Dog mom to Romeo.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist
    Now that I've had Endo for six weeks, some nicknames are starting to emerge:
    Fuzzy-Butt
    "You Butt"
    Silly Little Monkey
    Monkey
    Foxy Doggy
    Jerk
    Poop Muncher
  • kai_chankai_chan
    The three of us call Hachiko various things, mostly when we're talking to or about him, rather than trying to sustain his attention:
    - my little fluff
    - my love
    - little bean
    - little bug
    - little sh*t
    - foxy man
    - noodle
    - little worm, or wriggle worm
    - pup
    - dawg, or dawgles
  • LivSanLivSan

Ikki : Ikkiwikki, Ikkitje, schattiewattie

Jun: Juniwuni, Juju, the Kraken, little crapule

:-D
  • AntoinetteAntoinette
    I have recently started calling Quake my little love, my furry little angel and my little pain!!
  • Honey Bear gets called Bear, Monkey, Monk, Bone, Mama Bear, Asian Eyes, Crumb, Chunky Bear, Punkin. That's all I can think of but I'm sure she has more lol and the best part is she listens to all of them :)
    Emma & Honey Bear (12.13.2001)
    photo a93ce900-2ad2-455f-921c-379c580c4327.jpg
  • Roxy gets called Baby Girl, baby, Foxy Roxy, Fat Face, Bear, and HEY!!

I'm sure more to come.
  • MojoMojo
    I only call him one name officially for training, recall, etc..

However for fun between us humans I call him Mojo, Mojito, Mojo jojo, and also loaf..

The reason I call him loaf sometimes is because he's a purebred and his brother is a "mutt" and we call him halfbred.
  • Tali girl, Tali baby, monkey butt, baby girl, fluff butt
  • Luf, Lufie-Lu, Lil' Pumpkin, pumpkin pie, sweetie pie, apple pie, Wufie, Wufie-Wu, little baby, sleepy baby :3
  • ehu_guyehu_guy
    Ehukai, Ehu, buta belly, buta, boots, toobs, tuba, tuba kai, toobie, fatso (he's skinny and only 17.2lbs full grown), Ehu the fatso buta kai.
  • doguedogue
    Goma -> Gom
  • cmed24 said:

Our pup is Kuma, but we end up calling him Puppa, or Bubba, i have no idea why!

we call our dog Bubba too! She just gets this certain look to her, lol. Also Bubbaton, Bunion, Bubblaton, Uglub, Uglaton...
    Weird baby name things. I don't know how it got started, haha.
  • LilikoiLilikoi
    I sometimes call Ozzy "Ozzball." Since he's young, I try to just use his name. xD I tend to come up with heaps of ridiculous nicknames for my pets. Ozzy's most commonly used nickname is "the friendly neighborhood puppy" hahaha. When he's being sweet I always address him as the friendly neighborhood puppy. :P

The family poodle that lives with my parents, Mollie, has tonssss of nicknames from me. The best of which include Mollie-tov, hot ta-Mollie, and mollie wobbles (if someone gets this reference, I commend you). I'm sure Ozzy will get many nicknames as he grows hah.
  • HazelHazel
    Oh goodness. I have a lot of nicknames for Hazel.

There is her Japanese nickname, Hoshi. When she is appearing wise and sagelike I call her Hoshi-san. But mostly I call her Hoshiko.

Then there's Haze, Hazy Daze, Izzie, Eezy Beezy, Biz Biz (or when she's deeply concentrating on something, Bizzy Bizzy Biz Biz), Hazel Tazel (my mom's name for her), Queen Bee, Choochie Poochie (when I want her to raise her eyebrows and look at me in consternation for how affectionate I'm being), and Gisele Bundchen (since she walks like a supermodel and turns heads in her wake). These are just a few.

I also want to hang a sign outside my door that says Beware of Escaping Dog. :D

• pyleapylea
    Omg our names for Pylea have gotten out of control. I usually call her by her actual name, especially when training, but sometimes I call her Pyleesi (like Khaleesi), which devolved into Leezo/Leetzo.

And my BF always says, "Puleetzo Pulatzo, woosie watso," the last part of which sounded like "who's a watso" so now refer to her as a Watso or just call her Watso. But with crazy voices. Sigh.
  • TacyeTacye
    Kiyoko's full name is Kiyoko Chibi Kitsune, however she gets called the following:
    Kiyoko
    Kiki
    Kiki-moko
    "HEY!"
    Chibi-Chibi
    Kiki-weeki
  • AntoinetteAntoinette
    My Quake was named that because he was born in Northern Virginia on the day of the earthquake that hit Northern Virginia on August 23, 2011. I call him My Quakey, Quakester, my Furry Pain, My little Quakey, Angel, My Angel, My Little Boy, Lovey, Quakey Boy, and Quakers.
  • Jadec123Jadec123
    I use fuzzy-butt too! Lol I used it on my last shiba,Paco (aka Pock-man) and now use it on our new shiba, Penny (aka pen-pen). I think it's because I'm always amazed at the amount of fur I can get off their fuzzy butts with just one swipe of the brush!
  • willgrahamwillgraham
    I have a ton of names for Winston, most of which aren't even close to his name. I think my mom started calling him Bubba/Bubby when he was a puppy, so I picked that up and use it when I'm baby-talking to him. I also call him Pupper, Pup-Pup, Fluffbutt, Doge, and a few that I probably shouldn't repeat on this forum... they are said lovingly, though, no worries ;)
  • LilikoiLilikoi
    Ozzy's nicknames these days are mostly pretty straightforward. Pupperdy is probably most used other than his name. Also Ozzywobbles, because I call the family poodle Molliewobbles.

“What do you like me to call you when we’re alone together?”
    Even by the dim light of the lantern Harry could tell that Mrs. Weasley had turned bright red; he himself felt suddenly warm around the ears and neck, and hastily gulped soup, clattering his spoon as loudly as he could against the bowl.
    “Mollywobbles,” whispered a mortified Mrs. Weasley into the crack at the edge of the door."
    Post edited by Lilikoi at 2016-07-02 13:47:02
  • spacedogsspacedogs
    Laika gets called Cutie Patooters sometimes, but her True Name is Poopers, which we say in varying shades of very awful British accents and sometimes preface with a Madam.

Rhyz gets called Floofers or Woolly Bear sometimes, but we suspect his True Name will be Dirt Pig .. he's young yet, though, so it remains to be seen if it'll stick or not.

Otherwise they both get called Jerk / Jerkface / Fartsack .. a new one for Laika is Gobbles because she's taken to making weird turkey sounds at Rhyz when they're playing.
  • brucewaynebrucewayne
    My shibas name is "Bruce Wayne" but I take him to work almost everyday so my co workers have come up with every other name to call him. There's "Bruster", "Brucey", ""Mr.Wayne" and someone special calling him "little nugget".
  • LilikoiLilikoi
    Gonna update on Ozzy's nicknames. Pupperdy and Ozzywobbles are still used often. And random variations like Ozzidywobbidy, Ozzerdy / Ozzledy / Ozzledywobbledy...

Then some others like Mr. Puppy and Snarles McButt / Snarles McRump, most often just Snarles or Snarlie. He always makes duck / dinosaur noises when he's rolling around on his toys or chasing his tail haha.

My friend usually calls him Shibers or Ozzers. She calls every dog by their name ending in "ers" lol.

• Add on to Rhyz's list: Wigglebutt (he really wags his butt around when he's happy, which is a lot), and Mr. Dog, and sometimes Satan. He only answers to Rhyz, Mr. Dog, and Wigglebutts .. he rejects his evil moniker.

Laika has evolved from Cutie Patooters to Cutie Poopers, Mrs. Dog, Mrs. Poopers, Cutie McSplooters, and Sooper Dooper Pooper Splooter. She answers to Laika and anything with Poopers in it.
  • I call Quake, My Quakey, Quakey Boy, My Little Love, Angel, Baby Love, and Quakester.
  • Don't have enough fingers to count them all
  • MoshMosh
    lol this is a good question.

My girl is named Asuka but mostly I call her Poops, Stinkus, Babygirl, LoveLove, or Sweetness. Her dad calls her Pups, Pupper, Demon Dog and Babygirl.

Might be why she doesn't always come when she is called :P
  • ObizaObiza
    Usually just Rusty or a variation like Rust or Rusto. There's also fluffy butt, needy bugger, puppy, dog, problem #2 (husband is #1). Some of my family calls him royalty as well.
  • ZenkiZenki
    Zenki or poopy, pooper, little booger, good boy, baby, zenkers
    Untitled
    Black, Tan and Awesome
    Instagram: @ShibaZenki

“Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.”
    – Ann Landers

• pplzyxpplzyx
    Lol love all the nicknames. I usually call Yasha by his name but when he's naughty or gets in trouble I yell out "YASH"!!! lol. Other than that, I call him my cutie boy or piggy. My sister calls him baby fox haha

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)