For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
How many different names do you call your Shiba?
  • Our Shiba's name is Hideo. I also call him monkey, pumpkin, my little angel, good boy, bad boy, little man, and crazy Shiba!
  • Bruce, Bruce-zilla (when he's destroying something) and Pumpkin.
  • InuzooInuzoo
    This is funny seeing how our new pup has had 2 name tags!!! I'm holding on the final for tag thank goodness she can't read. My husband picked a name, we decided to cement it in a tag, then he decided it sounded like a boys name 2 days later. So, we picked a Japanese name, got to be we all had to think twice before we said it (old people and recall I guess). Goodbye tag number two. So the men in the house decided on Zooey (Zoey). That has become Zonobo, Zozer, Zo-Zo. She also gets Pup, Pupster, and my favorite when she does something dumb ... Dumazzzzz. My favorite is Zonobo.... Might have to make that the final name tag and confuse everyone. ;)
  • AnnaAnna
    Wow, surprised I haven't commented on this yet!

Hammond gets called Hammond, Booger, Booger-dog, Goober, fuzz-butt, pup-pup, pupper(s), doofus/goofus/goofball, asshole/jerk/brat, OI!, Hamster (very rarely), Fluffers, pooper/pooper-dog, You (hey, you. commere, you. get out of there, you!), Maniac, Spaz (apologies, I know this is an offensive term in some areas).

A couple friends like to call him "fox-eared asshole", which is a quote from the show Archer. Friends tried to call him Hamm/Hammy and I was like "NOPE!".

He seems to THINK his nicknames include Zephyr, mao-mao, kitty-kitty, kitty, etc., since whenever I call the cat he comes tearing over to hipcheck her away from me.
  • Our family has about 25 different nick name for Meishu! I will just share the latest.

Stinker Pinkerton. LOL
  • jsanjsan
    We mostly call Yomi by her name. When she runs amok and rolls around I call her Crazy Girl, and if she follows me like my shadow I call her Minion. My mother likes to call her Yo-Yo.

For Rory, we sometimes call him Ror-bear or Pup.
  • mandumandu
    It's a wonder Mandu responds to his name since we call him all of the following things:

Chichipoochipoo, Gigi, Mandubello, Scroopet, Mandarusky, Whiskers, Cipollina, Vita...
  • Umi (Oomi)
    Oopi, Oopipi, Oop Oop, Little Pee, PeePee, Little Stinker, Fluffy Butt, Monkey Dog, Shiawase-nu (Happy Dog in Nihongo)....etc etc.
  • When we're training or out and about, we always make sure to call her by her real name, Maggie.

Her nicknames are Maggie Mae, Mae-Mae, Maes, Booger, and when she's in trouble, she's Magdaline. :P
  • I . Don't . Know . Why . . .
    Marou has turned into;
    Booger, Boog Boog, Boogie, Boogster, Marou rou rou, Boogerou, Doodie Booty... Yep, he responds to them all!
  • tatonkatatonka
    I forgot Tonky Kong.
  • Hmmm...surprised I haven't answered this before!

Bel is nickname already: her real name is Jezebel (which is why it is Bel, not Belle--it's just a shortening). But we call her Yasamin just as much as Bel (my husband came up with that for some reason). She is also Girly Girl and Crazy Girl and Girlie. Little Miss Psycho Bitch, too. And in the past she has also been Little Miss Pisspot and the Little Priscilla, and apparently the breeder called her Lucy. (is it any wonder she seems to have multiple personalities?)

Toby is also Tobes, Bobo, TobyToby, The Fat One, Toby Soprano, and of course, The World's Largest Shiba.

Oskar the Akita doesn't have so many nicknames, but he is Oskar, and Oskar Mayer (a play on my husband's last name), and the Big Boy.

Leo the Kai puppy doesnt have many nicknames either. He is Leo, Leo m'Leo, Little Man, and Punk Rocker (though usually we just say he is "wearing his punk rock pants" because he has very well defined "tiger" stripes down his legs.). Oh, and I forgot my husband calls Leo "Maus face" (yep, with a German accent--but then again everything is with a German accent with him!) because he has a little face (or did before he got bit by a rattlesnake. Thankfully he's a mouse face again!)
    Post edited by shibamistress at 2012-09-07 23:02:22
  • pdleepdlee
    I call her "fluffy butt", "puppy", "p-p-p-pria", and "baby ho" as a joke.
  • BootzBootz
    wow T_T everybody calls their Shiba so many different names.
    I called Bootz ... "Bootz" and "Boot Bootz"
  • RikkaRikka
    Sagan is usually called by: Sagan, Sagey, Sage, Baby, Bub, Asshole, Jerk, and Puppy.

Other people are often confused by his name and usually mispronounce it with "Segan" (see - gun) or they ask if it's a weird addition of "Sega", to which I shake my head sadly at.
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
    Post edited by Rikka at 2012-09-08 03:36:28
  • KitsuKitsu
    Mika: Mika, furball, bitch (jokingly, not in a mean way), bastard (again, jokingly kind of, I say it when she does something bad and then i hug her and put her in her crate), weirdo, foxy
  • GatsuGatsu
    Guts: Gutsy, Son B****, Senor Gutsy

Gidget: Gidge, Little Babies, Gidget Babies, Senorita Gidget.
  • Enjoyed all the name-calling, everyone! Funny funny people!

Our Kobe-San goes by Kobe - usually.
    •With the dog's curly tail and the dark punctuation, My husband's first response was, "Ugg!" So the name-calling began with Cula Boy (a Spanish term for butt).
    •The girl child came up with a clever one- Kobe-San Kenobi.
    •I usually call him Baby Boy (mama's boy!) or Steiff Man. Yep, he's a Steiff teddy bear- soft fur but not very cuddly.

... And the doggie just rolls his eyes...
  • glitchglitch
    Kazu: Mister Boy, Li'l boy, Pooper, Fuzzlesworth, Fluffbutt, Hellraiser, Cha Siu Bao (Means BBQ Pork bun in
    We always joke that Kazu's full name is Kazumoto Hiroshima. I don't know where that one came from.
  • This is a fun thread! Okay let's see

Saru: Butt Face, Saroos, Drama King, Vegeta, Good Boy, Froofy Butt, Hey You!, Poopie (not poop, but baby talk Puppy), Saru Pants, Psyco Dog, and my mom likes to call him Jerk Dog, because he tends to ignore her when she wants to pet him.

Hime: Himays, Good Girl, Princess....not much for her.
  • BarbiBarbi
    Haha about 100. Banksy turned into poopy when he was a puppy then, poo, boo, pooburt, and now he answers to Burt more than Banksy.
  • Xavier's nicknames-squirmy, squirmy worm, lion-cub, bear-cub, baby koala cub, stinky, squirmiah Johnson..

Argos- hes still new but they are gremlin, stinky vermin lol hahahaha. I'm a horrible mother but I love my stinkies :)
    Shiba Mom of Two (Xavier 1 1/2 red male) & Argo ( 6 month red male)
  • zobie02zobie02
    Ryu is his name but I call him Rye lots of times along with buddy, sometimes stinky-butt or stinky, little-guy or big-boy.
  • KenzoLAKenzoLA
    Kenzo's nicknames when he is good: Baby boy, Kenzington, lover, sweet child of mine

Names when he is bad: Baby brat boy, drama, and lemon. Whenever I have to clean up a mess of some kind I tell my bf "Ugh we got a lemon! I hope you have the receipt!"
  • AWE46M3AWE46M3
    Aside from his name? Well, let's see...

B, A$$, Dummy, Dumb A$$, Dog, Brat, Ugly (when his lips furrow and he shows teeth), Dumb Dog, Jerk, Stinky, Dirty Dog, Jack A$$, Beautiful (wife only... Haha), and a few others.
    Post edited by AWE46M3 at 2012-10-23 14:46:52
  • Lol kenzo!
    Shiba Mom of Two (Xavier 1 1/2 red male) & Argo ( 6 month red male)
  • zazazaza
    I have been calling Kasha baby doll a lot recently, do not know why, lol! :-)
  • We call Mika...Mikey and Mike-Mike, Fat head, and of course God Da*nit Mika
    Fred and Jodie...Madison WI

**Mika....The Shiba Inu**

**Zoey....The Schipperke**
  • Benny's official name is "Benny Bear Bechtel-Aasen"
    So he is called Benny, Benny Bear, Bear, Bear-Bear, B-Bear, Little Bear, Ben-Butt, Benniez, Bear-Butt, Butt Butt, Baby-Bear and a lot of other nonsense.
    Benny Bear. Shiba Inu year and a half old living in Tempe, AZ
  • I'm so glad everyone does this! makes me not feel as crazy. everyone's response made me laugh, such great names!

I call my lulu, lilu, lucita, loots, loots-mc-goots, meeki dog, sheebie, and some I won't even try to spell ^_^ she has different names for different moods.
  • LaurenLauren
    I do find it funny that someone Honey responds better/faster when I call her Buns, or Huns. I guess since it's more like "Buuuuuuuuuuns!" :)
  • ArcticArctic
    Besides Sansa, I also call her Sansy, and Santz-Pants (so it rhymes). Not sure why. Also cuddle pup, but that's not very often as you may imagine due to her Shiba personality.
  • LOL.. I was just telling someone at work all the names I call my Jibo. Jib-meister, Jeebus, Jibonator, The Jeebster, Monsieur Jibo, Senor Jibo, Poopy mouth (he likes to eat certain things), Pretty Boy, Barky-McBarkerson, Little Man, Jibs. And just today I had brought him to my folks house after a vet appointment for a rabies shot, and I made a comment the vet still thought he was too thin (he is just naturally that way, but I try my best to fatten him up). Anyway, my family started joking that he was a skinny pretty boy model, and we kept asking him to do Blue Steel. Heh.
  • tatonkatatonka
    I've been calling him "monkey" lately. He's figured out I'm talking to him..
  • KimuraKimura
    We do the nickname thing too (we did it with our previous dog and it's happening again, glad to see we're not the only ones ;))
    Kimura gets called:
    - Kimura,
    - puppy-girl or girly-girl,
    - fox-face (hubby had modified the first word here into something I can't write...),
    - foxy,
    - pizzle-breath (due to her strong liking of bull pizzles),
    - bungholeo (due to her curly tail showing her cute behind)

The list will probably get longer with time, we've only had her 2 months and a bit :D
  • WolfHallWolfHall
    I thought I'd resurrect this thread, cos it's fun. Moshi's nicknames are: Mosh-Mosh, the Fuzzball, Moshikins, My Fuzzy Valentine, the Dieb (pronounced Deeb), the Fuzzy Dieb, Dieby, Dieby-the-Dieb, Barky McBark, Baddie Dieb, Sheeby, Mosh Kosh B'Gosh.
    "Dieb" is the German word for "thief" but I have no idea why we started calling him that, he actually never steals things!
  • LemonChickenLemonChicken
    Panko has been accumulating a few nicknames himself:
    - Plinko
    - Pachinko (I'm actually quite fond of this one. Perhaps a name for my "2nd" Shiba? Heavens!)
    - Ping Pong
    - Pancake
    - Poopers
    - Putz
    - Mr. Humpers (Puppy Class playtime activities. 'Nough said. )
    - Mr. Dingleberry (just acquired this morning)
    Post edited by LemonChicken at 2013-06-28 13:12:44
  • kagurarapkagurarap
    I like how everyone's names are really similar in some cases. XD

For Tali, she's dog or "hey!" when we're unhappy with her - or poop eater which is self explanatory. Chomp Chomp, your Highness, your Majesty, puppy, baby, Quarian for anyone familiar with where her name comes from, kami kaze dog because she's always trying to eat things that can possibly kill her and lazy butt. :D
  • NalasPapaNalasPapa
    Nala: Nala Bean, Beanz, Nala bear, little bear, honey bear, bubs, Fox, and LEAVE IT! haha..
  • amtiamti
    I call Kaji: Kaji Baby, Silly Boy, Pretty Boy, Good Boy, Mama's Baby, Mama's Good Boy (when he's bad, he's always someone else's dog). Now that he's a year old, I may have to drop the baby...

I call Taisho, Big Boy, Cuddle Baby and Good Boy. My daughter calls him Ann-chan's Bebe. Yea, she really wanted to name him Ann-chan's Bebe but no one else calls him that.
  • jennjenn
    I have a lot... Rigby is known as:
    - Riggy, Riggins, Mr. Riggins, Riggy Roo
    - Bug, buggy, bugaboo
    - Little man, little one, little woo, Woo-woo
    - Poop, brat, badboy, monster, your highness, Drama King when he's naughty

He responds to his name, Riggy, and Bug, since those are what I call him most often.
    Jenn, Shiba Slave to Rigby /
  • Cooper_Cooper_
    Oh gosh get ready haha. Cooper is obviously his name and what he goes by but he is referred to as: gooby, goob, goobert, gooberton, coopy, coop, and dr doo doo pants haha. He will actually respond to both cooper and gooby
  • Ginger: ginger-turd, ginger baby, baby, the baby, baby turd, monster, jerkface (when she bites too hard or only goes to the door after I've called her 10 times to go out and just sat down) rotten, spoiled, polar bear, kid, marshmallow.

The funniest thing to me us that she happily knows all of these names mean we are talking about her in even just padding conversation, and gets happy about it. Lol
  • EmiChanEmiChan
    I think Emi's names would all get child services called on me if she was human!
    Devil Spawn
    Little Shit
    Butt face
    Land shark

Ya, Emi is all about getting in trouble all the time...
  • DeacDeac
    Zyere pronounced (Zy Ear) - We call him Zy, Zee, Peanut, and Boo Boo.
  • ArcticArctic
    I have to throw in "pooper" and "pooppup" for when she's being naughty.
  • KikkiKikki
    Yuna is get's called Yuna Buna, monster, demon, meanie and the latest addition - Ms. Wiggle.

Trip is Trippy, Drippy and most oftenly "thang ngu" (means stupid boy in Vietnamese). Used to call him Tripp Trapp Trupp as a puppy but my husband thought that was weird.

Belly probably has the most nicknames. I call her Belly Boo or Belly Bonkan. My mother-in-law has her own non-sense list of names for Belly that makes no sense. Her favorite is Benta which is a fusion of Belly and "vänta" the Swedish word for wait (pronounced ven-ta). So from Benta, she also calls her Berta(?!)...
    photo 09add2ab-be4c-4b53-98a7-1a6bc4311b43_zps71ebc933.jpg
  • KentaKenta
    My dad used to call Kitsu : Kitsubitsuhatsubatsu or Kitsubishi instead of Mitsubishi
    Kenta I call Ken, Kenny or Ken Ken
  • natashanatasha
    Yuki gets called Yukster the Pookster, Poopy Butt, and Lady Yuki Featherbottom.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)