For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Update on Max (Shiba/Siberian Husky mix)- Now in Foster home 7/24/11
  • Everyone has a different opinion about what Max "is" (Shepherd,Akita, Malamute, Shiba Inu mix?) , but he's a good looking guy who needs a home.

MAX is a 2 year old Shephed mix. He was left in an abandoned house, and the new tenant brought him to the Wasco shelter. At first he was reticent with people, but now he has a great attitude. He is a happy dog with lots of energy. Although he interacts well with other dogs, he prefers to run around the yard. When approached by a dominant dog, he backs off. Max weighs 35 - 40 lbs and is not tall. He is smaller than he looks in the picture.

Transportation could possibly be arranged with rescue groups.

Contact at Wasco:

Carol Parks at : cparks@centurytel.net or call her at 360-376-4094

Wasco Animal Shelter
    5409 7th St.
    Wasco, CA 93280

Please call the 661-758-7240 number between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
    If no one answers please leave a message. Thank you
  • I checked with the Shelter. Max still needs a home (either foster or permanent). Please share info about Max with your contacts. There is some urgency about finding him a home. This is the Fourth of July Weekend--and typically shelters see a surge in animals coming into the during this weekend due to all the fireworks...
  • mcsassymcsassy
    Passed it on.

Good luck Max!
  • @mcsassy- Thank you!

Max is also listed on Petfinder.
  • SayaSaya
    Handsome dog. I hope he finds a good home.
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • Max is being pulled from the Wasco shelter today thanks to the efforts of Red Young, Northern CA Shiba Rescue, and some other folks.

As I get more info about his situation, I will post it to the Forum.
  • AraksAraks
    Oh, thank goodness he's getting out of the shelter :) Hopefully he'll find a nice home eventually.
  • Max has been in a foster home in Elk Grove, CA (south of Sacramento). He will need a forever home. Here is the Petfinder writeup on him:

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/20368003

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)