For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Not pooping after neutering
  • SubySuby
    My dog suby got neutered yesterday. Procedure was done around noon time. Picked him up around 5. He ate his dinner and walked a bit. Poop very little at 8pm. He hasn't poop since. Walked him last time and a few times today. He only pee no poop. Is this normal after the dog being neutered? I know he is being a champ bout the neutering procedure. He only cried a bit yesterday and was fine today, no crying yet. Should I wait a bit longer to be concern? Suby is my first dog I just wanna play it safe. Maybe I'm just worrying too much
    Thanks
    Mike
    Ps: suby is 11 months old
  • JacksMom13JacksMom13
    We dropped Jack off on a Friday and picked him up that night and so the last time he ate or drank was Thursday night. He didn't really poop until Saturday night (runny and tiny) and didn't get back on the poop train until Sunday and it was tiny poops. Once he started eating regularly and all the drugs were out of him, he started pooping normally. I wouldn't worry too much as long as he is drinking and eating and not licking himself or in pain. Give it a day or two more.
    ps - Jack's my first dog too and I worry a ton about him. I totally feel for you. :)
  • Adonia1986Adonia1986
    Most dogs wont poo for a few days after that, Sakura took I think 2 1/2 days? Our vet said if by the 3rd day she was not pooing to add canned pumpkin because it might be a little firm and hurt a tad. I would not worry too much. If he looks like he is in pain, then I would talk to your vet.Stefanie & Sakura Twin Cities - MN
  • jujeejujee
    Mika took a bit after her spay too. I gave her pumpkin to help with the process.
  • lockshi3lockshi3
    This is pretty normal. I think it took Jake 2 days or so.
  • SubySuby
    thanks everyone for the info.... i posted the question while i was at work. suby pooped later this afternoon while walking with my gf. And he just poop while i walk him. i guess he want to go but kinda dont want to since it still hurts him. He cried a bit toward the end of his poop. The funny thing is that i thought he heal pretty quick....he was running a lot during that walk. I was trying to slow him down since he still has stitches between his hind legs and dont want him to hurt himself more but he just keep on going at it like yesterday was just a blur. I tried the cone thing so he wont lick his wound but the thing is that he hate wearing anything. Everytime i put something on him like raincoats or just a shirt to keep him warm during the winter walks he don't move. I can leave him with the shirt on for 10 mins go do my thing and come back he will be in the same position and spot. So i only put the cone on him as a punishment, everytime i see him lick i put the cone on for 5-10 mins. I guess the conditioning has made the licking less. Just a another quick question how long does the pain usually last?
    Thanks
    mike
  • TamTam
    My 7 1/2 Male Shiba is doing great after 7 days. Cone did not last long either, however, I keep trying. Seems to be healing fast and he has his energy and seems happy as long as the cone stays off. I wrote a long post tonight read it, may interest you. Tam
    It is in main discussion board.
  • SabimaruSabimaru
    Same thing happened to Sabi. After about 60 hours, he was back to his normal pooping self.
  • dougfoodougfoo
    i'm glad i read this -- my girl hasn't poo'd in 48hrs and only pee'd once per day. She got spade -- her mood is good, but she is super lethargic even 2 days after which makes me worry a little... she seems irritated and walks funky, must be discomfort/pain still :(

poor girl.. i bought her a new stuffed animal and would feed her treats, but i'm told dont change feeding pattern too much.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)