For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Rest In Peace :(
  • Unfortunately, my fiancee and I came home this evening to find that we had lost our beloved Renji. I have had a few dogs growing up but this Shiba that controlled my every moment at home and kept me cleaning constantly also stole my heart.

Rest in Peace Renji
    July 19, 2009 - June 2, 2011
  • AraksAraks
    I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Rest in Peace Renji.
  • himes momhimes mom
    My heart goes out to you. For many of us, our puppies change our lives, and are like our children. Rest in peace beautiful Renji.
  • mcsassymcsassy
    Nooooooo!!! Why??? Such a young age too?

Shame...I'm tearing up.

RIP
  • LosechLosech
    Oh no, this is terrible. Poor Renji, I'm sorry for you loss.
  • DaniDani
    You have my deepest sympathy. Rest in peace, young Renji.
    I wish you and your fiancee a lot of strength during this difficult period.
  • curlytailscurlytails
    I am so sorry.
    He was taken from you much too young.
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • So sorry to hear of your loss. May Renji rest in peace. Allow yourselves time to grieve.
  • LuckeeSevenLuckeeSeven
    I am so very sorry to hear about Renji, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.
    Megan and Justin with Renji & Roxy
  • vnovikovavnovikova
    I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Rest in peace Renji. My thoughts are with you guys.
  • Thank you all for your kinds words. He was much too young and that makes this all the harder. Renji, as I'm sure many of you already know with your Shiba's, was quite curious and also loved to get into things from time to time. We feel terrible that his death came from both his love for foods we would not give him and his curiosity. My Fiancee and I work until midnight and had been leaving him out for longer and longer periods of time from his crate. Unfortunately last evening he found a celophane bag of popcorn that was on our kitchen counter and somehow managed to bring it down from the counter and while trying to eat all the popcorn from the bag he pushed his small head further into the bag until he could not get it out. When we opened the door to our home he was laying on the tile and by the time I removed the bag from his face it was too late, he had suffocated. Unfortunately this is the image we were left with of our dear baby Renji.
  • CaliaCalia
    I'm so sorry this has happened...Sad to say, a similar incident happened to another forum member a few years ago.

May her rest in peace
  • For those that Read this please pass along the dangers of plastic/cellophane bags to pets. Now that it's already too late unfortunately I have found and read several articles where dogs have died from suffocating from trying to eat out of/ lick inside these bags of chips, etc. It's hard to lose something you love but much harder when it feels so senseless and easily preventable. Please let my dogs tragic death save one of yours!
  • InoushiInoushi
    I am so sorry that happened to you. My thoughts and prayers are with you two.
  • My heart is breaking for you. I can't imagine your pain. I am crying as I write thisI keep Fuji in the kitchen when we are gone and I now know I need to be hyper-vigilent to make sure that nothing remotely dangerous is left out. Thank you for sharing your painful experience with us. Rest in peace, Renji.
  • SayaSaya
    So sorry this has happened to you. =(

So hard to loose pets I've lost 7 if your count my cats, snake, and pigeon.

Sorry this happened so young too. I'll keep you and your fiancee in my thoughts.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • maxwellsmaxwells
    I am so sorry for your loss. Words just cannot express how sorry. I don’t post here much but enjoyed the pictures you and your fiancée have shared of your Renji with us here. My heart goes out to you both.

Also, thank you for posting the difficult story about what happened, I understand from both this forum and my trainer who just mentioned this the other day on Facebook -- it’s a common occurrence. I know sharing such tragedies will go far to help other curious shiba’s parents.
    Jenn & Stephen (humans), Ichiro & Akira (shibas), Abraham & Anya (cats)
  • FoxyloverFoxylover
    OMG!! I'm so very sorry for you and your fiance's loss! This just breaks my heart so I can only imagine how you both must be feeling.

Thank you for sharing your story though as I'm sure it wasn't easy but it is a good lesson for all us pet owners.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you.
  • lockshi3lockshi3
    This is awful. I am extremely sorry for your loss
  • McYogiMcYogi
    So sorry for your loss, and thank you for sharing your story so others can take caution. This isn't the first time a forum member has lost a dog to suffocation, and I hope more people will consider a dog being safely confined not as punishment, but for the well-being of the animal.

• jujeejujee
    =/ Sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace. I'm sure you two will see him again at the rainbow bridge
  • AWE46M3AWE46M3
    Wow, really sorry for your loss! Very, very sad.

This is the reason my dog will always be crated or locked in his xpen when we leave the house. No matter how much we try to dog proof things we always tend to miss something or not think of something as being a threat.
  • BradA1878BradA1878
    I'm so sorry for your loss. So sad.
  • shibamistressshibamistress
    Oh no! I'm SO sorry to hear this! I believe another forumite lost her Shiba in the same way, so it is a really important message to get out there.

anyway, I'm so sorry. Rest in Peace, beautiful Renji. You're gone much too soon.
  • ToshiToshi
    sorry for your lost. rip renji
  • O M G! Words can not express how truly sorry I am for your loss! I couldn't even imagine how you and your family is feeling right now. Keep your head up! You will be in our thoughts! :(
  • sunyatasunyata
    I am very sad to hear this. And like Beth said, unfortunately a forum member went through this same thing a few years ago. :'(

There really is nothing that we can say to take away your pain and loss, but know that you have a support group here. If you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to ask. *hugs*
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • pamelapamela
    I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Pam, Garrett, Termi & Shelby
  • My gosh I am so sorry for your loss, I breaks my heart to hear this.

Our thoughts are with you in this difficult time, my condolences.

Rest in peace Renji
  • Rest in peace Renji... I'm so sorry that this happened. My heart is in pieces for you. :(
  • MikadoMikado
    He was beautiful, and (though I haven't been a member long, i read back) obviously loved, I'm sure he knew it too. It breaks my heart thinking of you finding your baby that way... and I'm so deeply sorry. It seems terribly unfair, the heart aches for you and your fiance.
  • inubakainubaka
    I'm so sorry for your loss :(
    volunteers4paws.wordpress.com
  • PupChowPupChow
    I am really sorry for your loss, rest in peace Renji. =( Mac's Action Adventure Stories
  • Cashmere88Cashmere88
    I'm so sorry!!
  • euphaireeuphaire
    I'm very sorry to learn of your loss. Your story will definitely educate us to prevent this from happening again. Thank you for sharing it. Rest in Peace, Renji.
  • RorsRors
    Sorry for your loss an such a trajic way, It will make me more aware of Kenji's surroundings, Thank you.
  • RenjisMommyRenjisMommy
    As the one year mark of our loss approaches there hasn't been a day that has gone by that I haven't thought of Renji or missed him dearly. I haven't been able to be an active part of the forum since his loss it's been too difficult. Thank you all for your kind words; I was much too distraught to express my gratitude at the time. I learned so much here even before getting Renji and hope one day to share more photos and stories when another Shiba takes over my life and drives me crazy but steals my heart again.
  • KentaKenta
    Sorry for your loss! I'm so scared now anything like this will happen with my dogs :(
  • Sarah_Jay12Sarah_Jay12
    I just only recently joined the forum, but my heart broke when this showed up on my feed. :( I'm so sorry for your loss! It's truly heartbreaking. But I'm sure Renji is in doggy heaven watching out for you and thanking you for the wonderful home and love you gave to him during his time on earth.
  • SayaSaya
    I'm glad your doing well it's sad dogs live so short, but they do bring lots joy in our lives.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • FoxyloverFoxylover
    Thanks for stopping in and letting us know how you are Renji's Mommy. I often think about you guys and tell your story to anyone that is going to be around my dog. Because of your situation I'm super vigilant about things being left where she can get to it. I do hope you get to the point where you're able to get another Shiba baby soon. Stay in touch.
    Photobucket
  • SakuSaku
    I am so sorry for your lost! Words can't describe how sad I feel. I will pray for you and Renji...
    Saku & Mina's mom

Saku & Mina
  • EthosEthos
    omg :(
    That's so sad.. I am so sorry...
  • micomico
    So sorry for your loss but thank you for bumping this thread. We've got a curious 1 yr old and have been toying with going back to crating her when she's home alone after she chewed through a couple of cables but after reading what happened to Renji I'm sending hubs up to the attic to get her crate when he gets home. x
  • curlytailscurlytails
    Thank you for checking back in, Renji's Mommy. Your story still haunts me from time to time. Your beautiful boy is still missed. Hope you've been well, otherwise.
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • shibamistressshibamistress
    Yes, I'm echoing M.C.'s words....I think about Renji too. I'm glad you checked back in, and we'll be here when you're ready for another Shiba. In the meantime, hugs to you, and thank you for letting us know how you are doing.
  • RenjisMommyRenjisMommy
    Thank you all again for your thoughts and kind words :) I have faith that the story of Renji's loss, even if only saves the lives of one other Shiba, will be worth it. :) I look forward to reading and viewing all your fur babies and sharing mine again someday :)
  • renji's mommy, i am so sorry for your loss...i hope you find peace within your loss and don't be too hard on yourselves. find comfort with your family and friends (even the cyber ones).
  • PhantomPhantom
    I'm so sorry to hear about Renji. Indeed too young. May he rest in peace. Just take solace in the fact that even in death, Renji will always be with you and continue to love you just as much as you love him. As one of my friends had told me when I lost my dog before Nobi, I'm sure Renji wouldn't want you and your fiance to feel terrible over his death. So rejoice over his life with you, no matter how short it was.
  • catloreecatloree
    What a tragedy, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
    Catherine (human), Elwood (Shiba), & Sadie (Pomeranian)
  • Today marks the one year anniversary of our loss. To celebrate Renji's life and honor what an amazing dog he was to us while he owned us, I created this headstone for his grave. It's a 20x20" marble tile and I will take it to his grave tomorrow at my parents home. Thank you all again for your kind words of support :) image

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)