For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
My Heero won't poop... and .. >.
  • chris558chris558
    I just got my new pup this past saturday! He was pretty scared at first, but he seems to have gotten a lot better now. But he hasn't pooped since I've gotten him.. and I've been spending a lot of time with him outside letting him explore around the neighborhood. He has been eating, although not too much. He'll eat a little on his own but I feed him by hand most of the time. Also he doesn't drink a lot of water. The food is the same kind as the breeders.

AND he doesn't pee when I walk him! And if he does, I can't tell that he's peeing. We've walked him tons every day. We left him alone in his xpen (crate inside) for an hour last night and when I got back home I smelled puppy pee. And I know he peed but I can't figure out WHERE he did it for the life of me >.< So I just spray the whole pen area with nature's cure and wipe it down...

I wanted to start crating him today but he doesnt like to play with any of his toys. The kong I ordered for him is way to small so I need to go to petco to buy a slightly larger one and see if he'll play with that.
    Post edited by ljowen123 at 2011-09-21 10:06:55
  • shibahiroshibahiro
    Have you taken him to the vet to get his inital check up?
  • chris558chris558
    No, that's tomorrow. He needs a stool sample of which I cannot provide to him.
  • shibahiroshibahiro
    You can try giving him some boiled sweet potato.....
  • KibaInuKibaInu
    My pup dosen't lift his leg yet so i have to look down when he pees. The way i tell if he's peeing is if he leans forward and just stops. Maybe look out for that?
    But as shibahiro said, sweet ptoato should help. I find that pumpkin helps too.
  • BrozeeBrozee
    To help you out I just went through this as well. Although if he hasn't pooped in more than 2-3 days I would take him to the vet. My puppy didn't pee/poop for 24 hours straight. Nor did he eat, the next morning he woke up, peed on his pad, then pooped outside. Then he came back in and started eating and drinking. Now all is perfect. He is only 6.5 weeks old so he doesn't really have the ability to lift his leg and pee so he leans forward. I know when he does because off his well, little thingy, he has a hair lol. It is wet when he pees, so I know when he has gone. Since he is so little it is nearly impossible to get him to walk on his leash, he just jumps about. In time it will come, although my guy hasn't pooped in the house once, nor has he peed in his crate. Dexter is on a mix of purina pro plan and taste of the wild, but the totw is harder and takes longer for him to eat, so he prefers the purina. I took him to the vet the day after I got him, 2 days ago, and he was perfect in every way physically until his stool sample came. He has a small case of coccidia (small parasite in stomach) very common in young puppies etc. He's on medicine for a week given once a day, no big deal at all and he loves the medicine too. I got the plumpest puppy of them all lol, by far the fluffiest.

So don't worry, I'm sure he will poop after you give him something that will make him, try even moist chicken (cooked) but tender.
    Post edited by Brozee at 2011-05-16 12:56:47
  • shibamistressshibamistress
    @Brozee.....you got a puppy at 6.5 weeks????? Why did the breeder let the dog go that soon? And actually, if he has coccidia, he's not that perfect physically. Coccidia is easy enough to get, but it's NOT common, and shouldn't be. Both those things are red flags about the place you got him from.

Dogs don't lift their legs til they are quite a bit older....mine didn't start til after 6 months. They squat to pee.
  • vnovikovavnovikova
    @chris558 - why do you need to bring your own stool sample in to the vet? They have a "stick" sort of thing that they put in puppy's anus and get the sample that way....check with your vet!!!
  • shibahiroshibahiro
    vnovikova: the vet I go to always ask for stool sample. They're a very reputable vet too.
  • vnovikovavnovikova
    @shibahiro - well, I guess, different vets use different methods.....
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    A turd is best for a stool sample. Think about it, how invasive and uncomfortable would looping a poop out with a plastic loop be in a puppy/kitten? I always hated doing that and they hate it too. 6.5 weeks is ridiculously early. You will really need to work hard on bite inhibition and socializing, and by that I mean puppy classes once he has had his 9 week vaccine. Good luck!
    "Common sense isn't so common"
    photo c5d87957-61b6-48af-a440-4187cbfc861b_zps88ccdf88.jpg
  • BrozeeBrozee
    The reason I got my pup at 6.5 weeks was the mother was hurt by another dog while on a walk, and my pup seemed very lonely, even with his brother and sister. He is adjusting very well though with me and my family and other puppies :) I know about the issues with this, but thank you for your 2 cents.
    Post edited by Brozee at 2011-05-16 14:16:56
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    That still doesn't really jive, but whatever.
    "Common sense isn't so common"
    photo c5d87957-61b6-48af-a440-4187cbfc861b_zps88ccdf88.jpg
  • chris558chris558
    HE POOPED TODAY! I guess he just needed to get used to the environment. And then he peed on my kitchen floor =.= But it was his first accident and hes only 11 weeks old. Patience!
  • chris558chris558
    So I took Hiro to the vet today and they said he might have a UTI...... and having such a full bladder could affect his poopage. Which is why he poops and pees so little.. They tried to extract urine from him for testing and he ended up peeing a FLOOD (it was allll over the table.. and on the vet too haha). So I'll find out later tonight the results.

BUT HE PEED FOR ME LAST NIGHT :D As well as this afternoon.. And he hasn't had an accident since the first one. But he hasn't pooped yet, and the vet warned me when taking a poop sample from him that it looked like it would come out any second (and that was yesterday afternoon).

I will post up pictures of him soon :D
  • reibanshireibanshi
    Hi! Rei had been pooping fine until yesterday, she pooped a lot in the morning and then hasn't pooped since. When should I start to worry?
  • @reibanshi

What does she eat? (raw, kibble, homemade, canned?)

Has she eaten anythign abnormal of late?

Banjo poops once a day, and sometimes he skips a day. He is on a raw diet.

What was her previous poop schedule?

Post edited by BanjoTheBetaDog at 2015-07-14 14:38:14
  • reibanshireibanshi
    She is on raw mostly (with some kibble). She usually poops at least once a day, sometimes twice. She hasn't eaten anything recently (that I know of) but has started a new routine (going to work with my boyfriend instead of staying with me).
  • reibanshireibanshi
    So we discovered what the problem was; our hair. All of our hair. She's been eating ours off the floor :-q so we fed her A LOT of pumpkin. We're all good now! Thanks @BanjoTheBetaDog !
    Post edited by reibanshi at 2015-07-19 17:53:13
  • imBLASIANimBLASIAN
    reibanshi said:

So we discovered what the problem was; our hair. All of our hair. She's been eating ours off the floor :-q so we fed her A LOT of pumpkin. We're all good now! Thanks @BanjoTheBetaDog !

Yikes! I have long curly hair do I guess I will have to be extra vigilant!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)