For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Meideval collar XD
  • LosechLosech
    I got real bored and when I get THAT bored, something usually gets made. And since I hadn't done much medieval armoring as of late, I whipped out me pliers 'n rings and made Conker a chainmaille collar!

It took roughly 30-40 minutes to do.
    It's completely for fashion only. A tag collar, and since I walk Conker with a harness that works for me. Attach a leash to it and you'll loose your dog since the rings are aluminum and not welded closed.
    Conker's not gonna wear it all the time, only when I feel like making him look snazzy like if we go out or visit someone.

This hobby of mine is pretty fun. I make everything from jewelry to actual armor out of those rings. It can take a while depending on what's being made but people love to look at the stuff and figure out how it works XD
    Post edited by sunyata at 2011-09-21 16:43:26
  • SayaSaya
    Looks really nice on him. =)
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • chainmail! That's super cool! Looks good on him!
  • FoxyloverFoxylover
    That is awesome!!! Looks very nice and manly on him too!
  • amtiamti
    That's really nice! Does it leave a dark mark around the neck, or not?
  • DebDeb
    He looks very knightly in a shiny armor way! It is elegant! Cool hobby.
  • LosechLosech
    Thanks!
    I really do not know. I don't leave it on him long enough for it to leave any mark. (I actually do not use that particular one anymore.) Mine though, yeah, it leaves a mark on my neck. I think it is because it is aluminum, since my stainless steel cuff does not leave any residue on my skin.

Conker has a tag collar that is the same style as my necklace that is made of stainless. It does not leave any marks, nor does it disturb his fur.
    This picture is horrid...

He has another stainless one in a different weave that also does not leave a mark or damage his fur.
    I do not use these to walk him on though. They are purely decorative since I can wrench the rings apart if I yank on it hard enough. I probably could walk Conker on it without it breaking, but I do not like to walk him on thin collars since they can easily damage his throat. He can also back out of it since they slip over his head instead of buckling on. So while they look cool, they are just for hanging tags from.
    Post edited by Losech at 2013-04-12 20:02:17
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
    You should market those! I want one!! Very nice!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
  • LosechLosech
    @Kobe1468 I do sell them if people ask. If you are seriously interested shoot me a message and I can give you a quote.

Keep in mind though, that these are not for walking, for the reasons I stated above. Just for tags and looking fancy.
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
    Done!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)