For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Anyone Try Fresh Pet Select?
  • Alex575Alex575
    Hi Everyone,

I keep seeing these commercials about this brand of pet food called "Fresh Pet Select" that's sold at Vons/Pavillions and I was wondering if anyone has tried it?

Here's their website:

http://www.freshpetselect.com/

It's not raw but they claim that the ingredients are only slightly cooked.
  • lindsaytlindsayt
  • Alex575Alex575
    That's terrible, lidsayt! Thanks for the info!
  • SayaSaya
    I don't know anyone who feeds it seen it at the local grocery store, but I didn't buy it I"ll never will though Raw is Saya's diet don't plan on changing it if need be I'll home cook for her. lol

Might be good, but not sure about the ingredients etc..

I like the commercial where it says you wouldn't feed your kids or something like that..
  • curlytailscurlytails
    Post edited by curlytails at 2011-04-03 19:29:40
  • lindsaytlindsayt
  • Alex575Alex575
    @ Saya
    I've been feeding Monju raw too but I started noticing that Primal Raw is being carried at less and less places and even then she only really devoured the "Venison" nuggets; she's luke warm on the other stuff.

@ Curlytails
    If you get a sample and review it make sure you let us know. Love to hear your thoughts.

@ linsayt
    LOL- Panda Express loaf! The commercials make the loaf look really good with the meat and vegetables, so I got curious.

I'm looking for other options in the raw department. Monju loves the Stella & Chewy's Freeze Dried Beef, but it can get expensive real fast. For some reason, she started out liking the "Duck Duck Goose," but toward the end of the bag she stopped eating it. I have no idea why. It's hit or miss with the frozen raw, she went wild for the beef and then it tapered off too.

I've been buying Primal Raw, but like I said she's luke warm about the chicken and beef; loves the venison. Unfortunately it's getting harder to find Primal Raw. I also tried "Paw Naturaw" that's offered on Amazon, I got the Turkey medallions, but she didn't go wild over that either.

So when I saw the commercial for Fresh Pet Select I thought maybe that might be an alternative. What are you guys feeding your Shibas?
  • Adonia1986Adonia1986
    I think your looking at raw types... but on the offhand your looking at kibble too. Sakura eats Nature's Recipe - Salmon, sweet potato and pumpkin (grain free). We switched her to that after learning she likely had a grain allergy to the puppy version. Since switching her poo's have been very consistant firm, but not hard and 2-3 times a day. Good luck, it sounds like you have a picky eater on your hands! :)Stefanie & Sakura Twin Cities - MN
  • curlytailscurlytails
    Post edited by curlytails at 2011-04-03 19:31:54
  • SayaSaya
    Saya does prey model raw it's more do it your self kind raw and costs less chest freezer helps of coarse no way I could feed Saya the variety I give with pre made..
  • Alex575Alex575
    @ Adonia1986
    I'll keep myself open to kibble because maybe Monju may not be all that interested in raw other than the freeze-dried kind. But yeah, she's a picky eater, which reminds me of myself as a child, LOL, so I hope she grows out of it. :)

@ Curlytails
    Keep us posted! I was going to try the Turkey & Sardine forumula, too, but they were out of stock at the store I went to. Hopefully they'll have it back in stock when I go back. Maybe Monju is more partial to seafood, LOL.

@ Saya
    I don't think I could do the homemade raw. It sounds like a lot of work! :)
  • curlytailscurlytails
  • SayaSaya
    Interesting let us know what ya think.
  • Alex575Alex575
    Can wait for the review! :-)
  • curlytailscurlytails
  • Alex575Alex575
    Wow, they really sent some swag your way! ;-D

How's it going so far?
  • curlytailscurlytails
  • jujeejujee
  • Alex575Alex575
    Me too! looking forward to it!
  • curlytailscurlytails
  • Alex575Alex575
    I'll read it later on. Thanks, Curlytails!
  • Alex575Alex575
    Excellent review, Curlytails! I'll have to give Freshpet a try. Loved the pictures!
  • curlytailscurlytails
  • Alex575Alex575
    Yay, shibamistress! Can't wait to read your review, too!
  • plasmodiumplasmodium
    Haha, I'm also getting a package for review (though mine was considerably smaller). They must have wondered why all of a sudden a bunch of shiba blogs were requesting it.
    This is only the first full day on it, but so far she's loving every bite and there's been no excess gas.
  • Alex575Alex575
    That's good news, plasmodium. Can't wait to read your review, too! :)
  • Alex575Alex575
    Great review, shibamistress. Can't wait for part 2. I'll keep an eye out for that Vital Roll.

Plasmodium, I hope Buffy is all right. Was it the Fresh Pet that made her vomit?
  • plasmodiumplasmodium
    No, I don't think so. She's been eating it since with no problems and the vomit was all bile and some grass. I think it was the grass, actually.
  • Alex575Alex575
    Oh, I hope she gets better. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)