For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Eating dirt
  • brandon_wbrandon_w
  • BradA1878BradA1878
  • MommyofNikoMommyofNiko
    Give her some peanut butter cookies.....
  • sujewelsujewel
  • kwyldkwyld
    Taj does that too. I've taught her to dig on command(yeah I know great thing to teach a dog huh?). She will dig furiously at mole holes and actually uses her mouth to grab large chunks of grass and dirt and sometimes eats it and gags. I've never seen any adverse reactions from it and don't really correct her for it. I think it might be slightly different than Lucy though because she only seems to want to move the dirt out of her way quicker to get the critter, she doesn't actually sit down and start ingesting it like food.
    Post edited by kwyld at 2008-03-15 12:31:03
  • DaddyofNikoDaddyofNiko
    That reminds me Kelly.  Some how I got Niko to learn to attack weeds when I pull them.  Its hilarious to see her come charging across the yard and attack the weed as im trying to pull it out of the ground still.  The sad part is she gets real excited she doesnt realize the difference between the weed and my hand until I throw it across the yard. 
  • kwyldkwyld
    Post edited by kwyld at 2008-03-16 11:06:35

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)