For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Bike riding?
  • My Shiba learned to trot next to me while I ride a bike. However, when we picked up speed, she pulls me, like a sleigh dog. She can stop on command and everything, but i'm worried that the pulling may not be good for her. Is this going to be a problem with her joints?
    Post edited by sunyata at 2012-08-09 10:00:30
  • LosechLosech
    I wouldn't be worries about the joints as much as the places where she is pulling against. It is a collar or a harness? If a collar, stop biking and get her under control on walks and jogs first, or step the speed down until she is consistent with slowing when you tell her to.

I think it'll only be a joint problem if you do it a lot on hard surfaces like concrete and asphalt.
  • Hi thanks for responding, it's a harness. And we do bike on concreted. I JUST found out that doing this with a 8 month puppy is not a good idea! =( now i'm just scared i ruined her joints or something!
  • LosechLosech
    Don't worry, you most likely haven't done any damage. your pup is still young and unless you were doing marathons, I highly doubt you damaged the joints.
    I'd try to find places like parks where there is grass that your Shiba could run on when you bike.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)