For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Puppy Pooping
  • How often does your puppy poop? I was curious to find out if my Hiro is pooping too much. I mean the number of times. He usually poops 5 times a day. Is that too much? He's currently 15 weeks old. O_o
  • Koni B.Koni B.
    That seems pretty often to me, but if the poop is firm I would not be concerned. I think three would be more normal, but if he poops twice within a half hour I count that as one. Koni likes to poop in lots of places around the yard, so he frequently does half in one spot and then runs around to find another spot. If he gets interrupted he might do the second half later. It does depend on how often your puppy eats, usually they poop right after eating because there's only so much room in there.
  • I'm slowly switching him over to Orijen puppy food. Mixing it in slowly with his current kibble (Natural Balance Duck & Potatoes - gives him greenish poo! O_o)
  • I've been meaning to ask this too coz lately my Ninja poops once or twice a day And he feeds three times. Ninja just turned 3 months.
    ninjarf21.tumblr.com
  • i wish Hiro poops once or twice a day. =P
  • When I first got Sakura, I asked our vet how frequently they should do their business, I was concerned about how infrequently she was going. According to the vet, it can depend on how well the puppy is digesting the food. Sakura goes 2-3 times a day on Natures Recipe - grain free salmon sweet potato and pumpkin. The 2-3 times a day has been pretty regular since about 3 months old she is now 5 months.Stefanie & Sakura Twin Cities - MN
  • Hiro has a vet appt to get his last rounds of shots on Friday so I'll see what the vet says. =)
  • our hiro goes about 3x day, and he's on the natural balance. his poos aren't green tho....
  • Shibahiro it seems like a lot for that age. Take in a fecal to the vet to make sure there aren't parasites. If that is all clear then maybe a food change is in order to help digestion. It may take a little time for the change in diet to see results though.

Snf
    Post edited by StaticNfuzz at 2011-02-07 21:35:04
  • KaylaKayla
    Kayla goes 2x a day (morning and night) at 4.5months. Sometimes, she'll squeeze out (sorry for the play on words!) a 3rd one right before bed time.
  • Hiro has gotten better! I think it's the new food i'm giving him. Orijen. He's been going only 3 times now. Instead of 5+
    I'm a happy mommy.
  • SayaSaya
    When Saya ate kibble wellness she pooped twice a day and would only eat twice a day she wouldn't touch her third meal..
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • MishiMishi
    Mishi is 8 weeks old and she is usually going 2 times a day. I'm feeding her 3 times a day. New home though, I think she hasn't established a pattern yet.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)