For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Shiba artwork (More added!)
  • So with being a graphic designer and Ari being the love of my life, I decided to do a portrait of Ari just for fun. Its going to take a while to finish given the fact i have 2 jobs :/

Just wondering though.....Do any of you guys have artwork of your shiba, or shibas in general? SHARE IT!

ps: I will definitely post the art work on here as soon as its done!
  • jujeejujee
    I'm not artistic enough!

I say you do something with Ari & Mika together! haha :D
  • ahhh i should! that would be super fun! we should have a photoshoot with them one day! i think it'd be super cute! We can photoshop the leashes off just so it looks like they're off leash ;]
  • I'm not used to drawing animals at all, but I tried:

She ended up looking more like a GSD due to her markings... Capturing a shiba is harder than I thought!
    Post edited by space coyote at 2012-01-01 22:46:23
  • Space Coyote, I love it! Especially the font. Is this brush and ink?

I don't draw. I did, however, recently order a print from the Shibaken jinkai series.

My boyfriend often decorates his notes to me with whimsical little comic drawings of Bowdu and Bowpi, but since it's his art, I don't really have permission to share it.
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • AraksAraks
    Yeah Space Coyote, it looks really nice. I like it a lot

this one i had to digitize for my school's yearbook. another girl had drawn it but the shiba is alll mine :P hahahaha

you can spot my name right under the shiba's back leg. i decided while working on the yearbook that i needed to sneak something in without the teacher knowing ;)
    Post edited by Araks at 2010-11-18 03:38:08
  • jujeejujee
    Nice art work guys!

Shaina, let's definitely do it when Ari recovers from her spay!
  • Awesome work guys!
    Space coyote i love the brush stroke thing! what is this done in?
    Araks, i love the style it reminds me of a modern day japanese-esque scroll painting. haha. (not sure that made sense)
    and wow! i really like those prints! i should order some! i've been in this phase of shiba inu obsession which i'm sure will stay with me forever. A lot of japanese bookstores have a self dedicated to just shiba stuff... i'm all over that!

Yeah Julie we definitely will!!!!
    Post edited by Shaina+Ari at 2010-11-18 06:32:25
  • AraksAraks
    @Shaina+Ari : thank you :) i kinda get what you mean about the style. I need to start drawing again. haven't done something in a while.
  • SayaSaya
    Space coyote that picture of Kumatora is awesome! =)

Here's a shiba inu drawing I did while waiting for Saya..

I got some more I'll have to upload later.
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • tobyshibatobyshiba
    I'm actually kinda excited to see a thread like this. LOL

I'm an illustrator/animatorthing ( seriously I have no idea ) and I just love using my Shiba as inspiration for everything I do. :)

I kinda have a thing for drawing fat shibas ...

I also have done a few animations from class this semester with Shibas. x)
    Shiba Christmas E-card
    Shiba and the Wolf
  • tobyshiba, SOOOOO AWESOME!! i really love the last picture! keep up the great work!
  • There's a lot of talent on this forum.
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • ncieloncielo
    There is. All of these are amazing, I might try take a swing at it.
  • My art is FINALLY DONE! I got a day off and just finished it! I was gonna add more to it but i simply just have no time :[ Enjoy!

Post edited by Shaina+Ari at 2011-01-06 08:09:15
  • jujeejujee
    great job Shaina! I can definitely see Ari in it! :]
  • AraksAraks
    that looks awesome Shaina! :D
  • PupChowPupChow
    You guys can seriously draw! Mac's Action Adventure Stories
  • lockshi3lockshi3
    Shaina, that looks really good!
  • shibaserfshibaserf
    I LOVE the artwork!
  • Yesterday I decided to take on a new art outlet and made some Ari + cupcake key chains!!! :]
  • Serkle kSerkle k
    These are all really good!!

Does any one mind if I used your pics on my phone for the wallpaper?
  • AraksAraks
    I got bored one day and I had just bought some sculpey clay.

Now I couldn't figure out how to make one on my own so this is based off the one made by the artist TheRootOfAllEvil on DeviantArt. Credit goes to them.
  • JudyJudy
    Araks, that is REALLY good!
  • AraksAraks
    haha, thanks :) I haven't had time to make more. I wanted to make one of every color. I'll get to it one day...
  • LosechLosech
    That's so cute Araks! I used to make little wolves out of clay. Now I make chainmaille armor (and jewelry)
  • I made this awhile ago for my phone wallpaper... It was before I got into Shiba Inu dogs, but I knew of their existence and I was growing quite fond of them. <3<br />
    Post edited by Annyon at 2011-02-19 19:00:56
  • AraksAraks
    that is so cute! :D
  • Cuteness Overload!!:D
    Post edited by IndyAndSage at 2011-07-22 23:29:53
  • sandrat888sandrat888
    Disclaimer: This is not my artwork as I can't draw and am not artistic in any way!

I used an online site that can convert the digital pictures you uploaded into painting like artwork or add other effects. I was playing with it and randomly picked this picture of Koji to experiment. It was fun!

You can try it yourself, http://www.befunky.com/create/#/home
  • AraksAraks
    That is really cool! I have to try that with Sevuk's pic.
  • catloreecatloree
    There is some amazing artwork on this thread! tobyshiba, I LOVE the fat shibas!!!

Very cool website, sandrat! I'm going to have to give that a try. I have no artistic talent to speak of either!
    Catherine (human), Elwood (Shiba), & Sadie (Pomeranian)
  • shibapawshibapaw
    Loved seeing the artwork in this post. I'm not very skilled, but here is a little drawing thing I did digitally of a shiba's face. The anatomy is probably all wrong, but eh I had fun doodling and wasn't really going for major accuracy. Also the eye is green...just 'cause I liked it that way. :)

Hopefully it doesn't end up huge on this page ;>>

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/Lupine_/ShibaFacebyme-1.png
    Photobucket
    Post edited by shibapaw at 2011-07-24 17:13:05
  • ZinjaZinja
    edit: nvm, the image got distorted and didn't look right.
    Post edited by Zinja at 2011-08-15 14:54:17
  • I love the cheeseburger one!!!
  • SayaSaya
    Nice drawing shibapaw I love your style. I need to upload my art got some nice sketches and pastel stuff..
    Photobucket
  • SayaSaya
    I'd thought I'd bump this as I finally got my artwork on a album on photobucket so I'll post them. :)

Most are sketches some are serious work type artwork..
    These three are recent ones.
    Photobucket

I've done the head still working on the body.
    Photobucket
    Not a shiba, but Bella Saya's buddy
    Photobucket

Some of my artwork is a bit gross. :\

I hope I don't offend anyone.
    Drawing of Saya with a rabbit..
    http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii318/bluedogt/art/003-1.jpg

Cute sketch of Saya well not all cute, but Saya was cute.. She is eating her whole prey quail I gotten from hare today. The stuff coming out of her mouth is drool not blood.. lol

When Saya eats whole prey or any item she doesn't get dirty.
    http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii318/bluedogt/art/007.jpg
    Photobucket

What time is it? It's shiba time! Mathmatical picture of Saya.. haha I need do Bella as Jake.
    Photobucket

Saya butt
    Photobucket

Sorta step by step of me drawing it
    Photobucket

A kai ken sketch
    Photobucket

Cartoony shiba
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Shiba mask I made when I lived in Louisiana it got a bit broken on the ear in the move I need to fix it soon.
    Photobucket

Another mask I made recently it's going to be Amaterasu from the game Okami I need to do the red coloring on the face.

First time making a mask with a dog muzzle.. I made nose wholes so makes it breathable, but forgot to put a couple holes for the string.. :\

Ah well it was nice test to see how it would look.

Next time I plan to do a shiba and hopefully get the muzzle much better.
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
    Photobucket

I also draw dragons this is my favorite one.
    Photobucket

Photobucket

@notoriousscrat I thought you'd like this sketch.. :D
    Photobucket

I used to play FFXI online game on my pc then the ps2 when the pc got slow..
    I know a MMORPG Or whatever!? I had fun in it I mostly played late evening and at night.

My character's name was Liren. She is wearing her Summer Yukata.. I'd always have her wear it whenever I was doing misc stuff like fishing or craft or killing easy prey. I mainly did dragoon character. I no longer play, but it was a fun time even though stupid people who buy the in game items or money and people who farmed for it to sell ruined it sometimes.. :\

Photobucket

That's it for now I hope to do more shiba drawings and maybe do a shiba mask this winter.. I need get some water colors and do another water color..

Vampire moose plush! :D I got inspiration from invader zim.. Could be a creature Dib looks for. haha
    http://invaderjade.deviantart.com/art/Vampire-moosie-5661814?q=gallery:invaderjade/22602099&qo=40

Water color phoenix.
    http://invaderjade.deviantart.com/art/phoenix-5807286?q=gallery:invaderjade/22602099&qo=60

Photobucket
    Post edited by Saya at 2012-11-26 22:22:25
  • Aiko1Aiko1
    My boyfriend is in school at the Academy Of Art and he did this little gem of my Aiko

• SayaSaya
    That is awesome! Your boyfriend has a good style. :)
    I forgot these.
    Cute Saya pup
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not a shiba, but zorua is one my favorite poke'mon I love fox looking pokemon..
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Saya and Bella watching movies.
    Photobucket

Saya yodeling
    Photobucket

Saya and Bella drumming.
    Photobucket

Photobucket

I need get back into pastels and watercoloring it's harder for me, but the finished product is worth it.

I did this for fun in art class we had a little free time so I took advantage of it.
    Photobucket

Dinosaur fossils locked in combat! In art class I had to pick a image out of a magazine and this was one I liked.
    Photobucket

I did some Yoshitaka Amano artwork in pastel and stuff it was amazing. I threw it in the trash I had such a horrible day at school bully punched me in the arm and it really made me sad.

I'm now mad at myself for doing it as I did a great job on it.
    This is the image I had to copy in pastel. It wasn't 100%accurate on the women, but the big cat I did good on it. :) Ah well can't change the past.
    http://spong.com/asset/340265/11/23353/Final-Fantasys-Yoshitaka-Amano-to-Reveal-New-Project
    Photobucket
  • Awesome Shiba art! I wish I was so lucky to have a portrait of my Nikko like you @Aiko! I guess I will have to settle for those programs that convert a photo to a painting style! Can't wait to see more!
  • Aiko1Aiko1
    @Shibalove You have no idea how long I begged him to do that lol.. I am still trying to find a place to make me a big print of it but no one will do it because they think the image is copyrighted. :(
  • SayaSaya
    That's weird. :\

I mean if you know the person who drew it and the artist is fine with it then you should be able to make a print..

It does look like a picture out of a book or magazine on shiba. :)
    Photobucket
  • Aiko1Aiko1
    He even took in the original drawing and they wouldn't let him. :(

I'm just going to buy my own jumbo size printer lol!
  • @Aiko1 Your BF may need to check with his school. If he did that picture as part of a project for his school, the school probably has rights to his work.
    My husband went to art college and he his and most other schools have that policy.
  • Saya you are so talented! And I love the drawing your boyfriend did Aiko1! Hope you can get it blown up.
  • @Saya
    You're right! I definitely love your Gir. Your dragons are also pretty awesome too, though. Your "cute Saya pup" is my favorite of the Shiba pics. It's really adorable.

@Aiko1
    I hope you have some luck with getting that drawing blown up. It's gorgeous.
  • XabiXabi
    I design a t-shirt every year as my Christmas gifts. Last year I was in a rush, so I adapted a free design I found on deviant art. I designed it as tribute to my oldest, red male shiba, Xabi. I liked it, but of the six I've done so far I would say it ranks fifth. At about the same time I got my second shiba (picked up a few days before Christmas). I tried to incorporate her into the design, but I was working off of a picture of a 5week old puppy and they just didn't even look like same species!

Now I'm working on this year's design, and I thought I'd show you guys since I'm needing some feedback. I went to the London Olympic games, so I'm using the Team GB lion logo as my jumping off point. I've taken a profile picture of my (red headed) black & tan female,

then I divided the red/tan, black and white parts of her face into abstract shapes.
    Untitled

It shall be a black shirt with orange/brown print. I'll show you another step before I send it to the printer and in a few weeks the finished product. I'd like to know what you think!
    X & I signature smaller
    Post edited by Xabi at 2012-11-29 08:22:20
  • MikoMiko
    @Xabi I think it looks really cool, especially the abstract shapes. Will each part be collored in? I would love to see how i looks when your done :)
  • XabiXabi
    @Miko I'm still trying to work that out. I try to do everything in a single screen (it's cheaper!) which means only one color. So I'm working on positive/negative space patterns, with each section being a different pattern. I think the eye will just be a space, like the spaces between all the shapes will be. But then the nose and the back of the neck will be fairly delicate linework pattern, retaining most of the black color of the shirt. The red/tan parts will be the nose, forehead, ears and middle section of the neck. The white will be the front of the neck, the jaw, interior ear and lower muzzle. My original plan was to have the white areas be printed in solid color, but I need to fiddle with it to see how it looks. I may end up using a second screen for the white, which increases the cost by about $25, but it also complicates the design. (Thanks for the compliment, BTW).

Since I've got the basic shape and size (it's about 14" x14" print area), now I'm working on developing patterns and then putting it together. I hope to have the design completed by the end of next week, but I have a couple of little "angels" who don't like to see me sitting down at a computer. Imagine that!?
    X & I signature smaller
  • SayaSaya
    It looks pretty good I bet it'll turn out great once your done. :)
    Photobucket

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)