For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
How big is your Shiba?
  • At one year, Riley was 19 lbs. Now he is one year and 7 months and he is 20lbs. I would say he reached his adult size at 1 year. We were hoping he would be 25lbs, but we love him just the same at 20lbs.
  • Kuma is currently 24 lbs at 11 months, but he's been growing way too fast for his weight to keep track, so he's pretty skinny. My guess is he'll end up at around 31 lbs. Just changed him to high activity food, so hopefully he'll be back to normal again very soon. So he's a little giant.
  • LosechLosech
    Right now at eight months Conker is 20 pounds. He's been consistently at that weight for a month or so now. He's 17 inches at the shoulder and 18 inches from the base of the neck to the base of the tail. I'm unsure of how to measure him any other way since he's always moving around.
  • shibahiroshibahiro
    I just weighed Hiro yesterday. He's 5.5 mo and weighs 20 lbs. For the longest time I thought he was only 15!
  • Just weighed Fuji yesterday. He will be 1 yr old on 4/19 and weighs 22.8 lbs. I love his size!
  • SabimaruSabimaru
    Just got Sabi weighed at the vet yesterday. He's one year, five months and 20.3 lb. He's always been a skinny dude, though :)
  • Stef777Stef777
    Kendaux is 1 year old 22 pounds and 15 inches at the sholder.
  • FoxyloverFoxylover
    This is probably going to sound dumb but when you're saying 15 inches at the shoulder, are you measuring from the paw up to the shoulder or from the shoulder to the end of their rear?
  • Stef777Stef777
    Paw up to his shoulder. Not a dumb question. I should of specified.
  • We always thought our 6 year old Shiba was overweight. Indy weighs around 28 pounds, and the vet said he was overweight. We feed him all natural pet food and he doesn't eat too much. Our veterinarian said he was about 8 pounds overweight. He recently lost a little weight after that vet visit. Now I am reconsidering... Anyways, Sage is a female Shiba and weighs around 22 pounds and she is currently 3 years old:)
  • LovingLolaLovingLola
    Lola is 22 pounds and 17 inches tall at the shoulder. She was 20 pounds when I took her to her first vet appointment a week after adopting her and was 22 when I took her back for another appointment just 2 weeks later!! The vets says she is at a healthy weight now and should not gain anymore. Lola disagreess and wants to eat EVERYTHING!!
  • Akio111410Akio111410
    I'm moving this here.

.Akio is 8 months old as of a few days ago and he's already 19inches tall and 24lbs and he seems to be growing again! :o

Photobucket
    Post edited by Akio111410 at 2011-07-22 13:13:40
  • catloreecatloree
    Elwood is 15 months & weighs about 30 lbs. I haven't measured him lately, but he's fairly tall as well. I think he's on the bigger end of the Shiba size spectrum, but it looks like he isn't alone there :-)
    Catherine (human), Elwood (Shiba), & Sadie (Pomeranian)
  • lucylulucylu
    Our little Shiba seems to be a midget. She is 5 months old and only weighs 13.5 pounds. Both her parents and grandparents were of normal size. She's cute as can be, but seems to me she'll remain on the smaller side.
  • FoxyloverFoxylover
    Lucylu, I just had Foxy weighed at the Vets office this morning and she's 5 1/2 months and weighs only 12 lbs. I just figure I have a dainty little girl on my hands (0:
  • jujeejujee
    Roni, Mika was a bit smaller than Foxy at her age. Granted Mika still is small, but I think a good size at 16 lbs now at 15 months.
  • lucylulucylu
    So there could still be a growth spurt? I keep telling people she'll get to around 17-20 pounds, but she just doesn't seem to be growing much anymore.

Off Topic, but has anyone seen that movie with Richard Gere about the Akita? I just put it on Netflix and watched the trailer. It seems that they use a Shiba puppy for the puppy part of that movie. My wife cried just watching the trailer. Can't wait to get the movie.
  • SayaSaya
    It's a cute movie.

Saya at 6month grew a bit til a year then she grew a little bit more..

She's 2 years now and weighs 20lbs I need to weigh her again she might gain some or lost some..

Long as she is healthy and happy all that matters even if they're small they're still tough fun dogs. =)
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
    Post edited by Saya at 2011-07-23 18:01:44
  • lockshi3lockshi3
    Jake is now a year and 3 months, 26.8 pounds - he is also pretty tall
  • Oh my god! He's bigger than Bear. How funny.
  • vnovikovavnovikova
    Nami is 5.5 month old and is 15lbs now....
  • micomico
    Suki was 7lbs when she had her 2nd injection at 10 wks. I'd weigh her on the bathroom scales with me but don't want to know what I weigh!
  • lockshi3lockshi3
    Janie, he's a giant!!! lol. he's so cute though

Here's a pic... dog park a couple weeks ago:
    Size
    Post edited by lockshi3 at 2011-07-26 12:31:29
  • Mico,
    Weigh yourself, then weigh you + the puppy and then subtract your weight:)
  • Signey stays right around 17 lbs. I've measured her once, but forgot what it was, and she was younger. We have a monster Shiba that comes to work that weighs closer to 40lbs than 30. He's also the noisiest Shiba I've ever heard.
  • mattzmattz
    Etsuko is 29 pounds and Cherry is 20 pounds!
  • Miyumi_PupMiyumi_Pup
    We just weighed Miyumi at the pet store yesterday. She is 19 weeks old (4.5 months old) and is 11.2 pounds.

I tried to measure her standing from her paw to her shoulder but she was so interested in the tape measure and so wiggly I couldn't get a measurement.
    Heather, Logan, and two Shibas named Miyumi & Yoshiro
  • ZinjaZinja
    Sasuke is almost 3... 19 inches at the shoulders and 36lbs
  • Miyumi_PupMiyumi_Pup
    Miyumi will be 5 months tomorrow (22 weeks). Last night she weighed in at 12.2 pounds. She is about 11 inches at the shoulders. She looks like she is ALL LEGS. We started calling her Legs. I thought she was going to be really small but I see she is just about the same size as many of the other female puppies when they were 5 months.

I love this thread. Not only is it interesting to see the size of the males vs females and the different sizes at each age- it has helped me as Miyumi grows.
  • RockyLauRockyLau
    My male Shiba Inu seems to be on the bigger side, but is definitely not overweight. He's 40 pounds and is about 3 years.
    My female, also about 3 years old, is about 30 pounds.
  • JlyssandJlyssand
    Archer is 11 weeks old, and weighed in at the vet the other day at 8.8lbs
  • mcsassymcsassy
    Nova weighs 23 pounds.
  • AsterixAsterix
    This thread is great. My chibi was 2.4 kg at 8 weeks.

And because I'm competitive and want to know how my dog stacks up, I translated this document into a Google Docs spreadsheet if you want to easily check how your dog weighs up:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0Aknzg-ld6eh_dDJibl95UDZCdFRvOHMwdE1SZUNaTEE&output=html

Editable version: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aknzg-ld6eh_dDJibl95UDZCdFRvOHMwdE1SZUNaTEE&hl=en_US
    Post edited by Asterix at 2011-08-18 17:13:31
  • Miyumi_PupMiyumi_Pup
    WOW! That spreadsheet is great Asterix!
  • AsterixAsterix
    As an aside, I called any dog 3 years or older as 36 months. Otherwise the graphs got all ugly.
  • lucylulucylu
    awesome spread sheet!!
    Post edited by lucylu at 2011-08-18 17:05:09
  • SayaSaya
    Saya weighs 21lbs now.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • 8 months, 30 pounds, 18 inches high - his parents aren't big though, i wonder if it has anything to do with him being a sole pup in the litter.
    ninjarf21.tumblr.com
  • catloreecatloree
    Wow, really awesome spreadsheet! Thanks for putting that together, Asterix, it's cool to see how your dog measures up to others!
    Catherine (human), Elwood (Shiba), & Sadie (Pomeranian)
  • BootzBootz
    Bootz was about 11 lbs when we weighed her at 12 weeks..... :( damn she's big compared to all the other females!
  • Update on our Sakura. She is closing in on 18 months old now and her weight has stabilized now:

34.5lbs

She is not chubby though just a tall solid Shiba. A very big girl.
  • I added Bel and Toby to the chart! Bel just got weighed today: she is 34.8 pounds. She's a bit chubby; we'd like her back at 32 pounds where she mostly has been. She is 6 years old.

Toby is 7. He's 42 pounds. He should also lose a couple of pounds. Actually, he may be about 40 now that I think of it, as he was 42 last time we weighed him, but has lost a bit.
  • RorsRors
    Kenji is 8mths Old 16inches at the shoulder, 20.2 pounds
    Post edited by Rors at 2011-09-13 02:57:58
  • I added Bowdu's information to the chart too, Asterix. Very neat project.

Would be interesting to have some kind of line to indicate an "average" age at neutering, too. I don't know how that works with Google docs. Bowdu was neutered at 6.5 months, and I do wonder if that accounts for his size.
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • SakuSaku
    Saku is 10 month old, 16.5in tall, 20.8 lb. Mina is 11 month old, 16in tall, 16lb. They are tiny compared to other shiba we see around here! ;)

After key in the spreadsheet....

>_< both my shiba are the smallest on the chart compared to other shiba at the same age!Saku & Mina's mom
    Post edited by Saku at 2011-09-13 15:15:37
  • KibaInuKibaInu
    Kiba is around 19.6 from about two weeks ago at the vet. He's at about 17 inches in height...looks like a small guy. He's almost 8 months old.
  • Kenzo's almost 6months and he's ALMOST 16 lbs.

I guess that's puppy size though..
  • LosechLosech
    Conker is pretty solid at 24 pounds and 17 1/2 inches at the shoulder, he is 14 months old. Added his new numbers into the editable version.
  • Interesting point about the neutering. I suspect that's what happened with Toby, as he was neutered under 6 months. Though he was a pretty large puppy, too, and I think that's partially why he went to the pet home.

Toby is 18.5 inches at the shoulder.
  • Foxy is 2 yrs old and 20 lbs. She just got weighed today actually! I wonder how tall she is, I haven't measured her yet.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)