For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Good fur days?
  • ncieloncielo
    I've been looking everywhere and I've asked owners and other sites if they have tips on black shiba's coats and how to increase the darkness of them. I know that they all have a lighter undercoats but I can't help but love to see Niko when he has his nice fur days when I see only small amounts of cream. I love Niko's fur, but I am just so curious and so fascinated with his glossy black coat. I want to learn how to care for his dark fur properly. Thanks guys!
    (sorry I've been MIA, I'm moving into a new apartment and once settled I will post spam of Niko's new place ;)
    Post edited by sunyata at 2011-09-22 16:25:20
  • jujeejujee
    Supplements like Solid Gold Sea Meal should help with his coat. :)
  • SayaSaya
    Saya loves Solid gold seameal and grizzly's salmon oil with that it smelled like a yummy seafood meal.. lol

I've just ran out of my seameal and salmon oil I need to get it. Saya only gets it when she gets eggs or ground meat..

When she got kibble she got it everyday I'd soak the kibble with some warm water then once it's all soaked up I'd add a little more then add the seameal and salmon oil Saya loved it.

I'm not sure if it made her fur better, but she loved the fishy taste.
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
    Post edited by Saya at 2010-10-25 22:57:57
  • ncieloncielo
    I've heard rice also play a big role. What I've been doing is making some homemade sauce for him and adding it to his dry kibble and sometimes when I've got some rice left over I mixed that in as well. What about rice?
  • TengaiTengai
    A "correct" black/Tan should not appear solid black. There should appear to be some degree of grey cast, even red hairs in the sunlight. When most black/tans blow their undercoat the do look more of a solid black until it grows back.

Phil
  • SayaSaya
    Phil is right on that Saya does have red hairs in the sun light I just noticed it on her when it was really sunny.

She's not fully black her neck has some undercoat too it hard to explain it.. =\

When I went to the wisconsin shiba picnic lots of shiba inu this one male black and tan shiba about same age as Saya, but he was really black and seemed to be not as fluffy and it made sense when my mom said they brush him every day..

Saya on regular time she gets brushed once a week and sometimes not everyweek, but on when she is blowing I brush her more often she is slowing down on it, but she might start again shedding in the front part I dunno.
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)