For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Dog Licensing in California
  • For residence of California,

I was wondering how you guys got around the licensing thing. When I went to get Ari's last round of shots they recommended holding off on getting the Rabies shots till after she gets spayed because of the fee charges. According to them, dogs that are not spayed or neutered have a charge of $100 where as dogs that are, are only $24. So thats the reason they recommended me to get the Rabies shots later.

But then I went on to the Orange County site and it states that puppies that are 6 months or younger only pay $24. I'm so confused because you would think a clinic would know about that policy.
    Post edited by curlytails at 2012-05-31 01:06:50
  • jujeejujee
    I got Mika's license in the city of Santa Ana, cause Santa Ana isn't covered from the Orange County licensing. I'm not sure if the Orange County licensing requires you to have Rabies shot in order to get the license. For Santa Ana, I had to have rabies shot given to Mika. I was charged $24 as well for her licensing. I would have waited til 6 months to do it instead of 4 months, but in the city of Santa Ana (over populated with a lot of stray dogs) they require you to register your dog once the dog is 4 months old or you'll be given a late fee.

If Orange County licensing doesn't require you to get the rabies shot when registering Ari then just go ahead and register her and get her dog license. =]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (4)