For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Thoughts on a book: Shiba Inus (complete pet owners manual)
  • chingalingchingaling
    Hiya

Popped into my local bookstore this afternoon to see if there were any useful books for a first time Shiba owner. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything but I did find a book on Amazon called Shiba Inus (Complete Pet Owners Manual).

The reviews on Amazon look good but just wondered if anyone on the forum had any thoughts on the book?

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shiba-Inus-Complete-Owners-Manual/dp/0764123777
    Post edited by curlytails at 2012-05-28 13:46:37
  • maxwellsmaxwells
    I bought it, and didn’t find anything in it beyond what my research had already told me. Not worth it, IMO.

However, I showed the picture on the front to Ichiro when he was little and it scared the crap out of him. Boy did he bark at that book!
    Jenn & Stephen (humans), Ichiro & Akira (shibas), Abraham & Anya (cats)
  • I have the same book...Everything in there you can find online or here.
  • ljowen123ljowen123
    Laura first wrote that book eons ago and never meant for it to be a complete guide on shibas - it's a good overview, but that's about it these days.
    LJ - owned by Queen Jazz, a Shiba Inu, Atlanta, GA
    CSC_0144
  • chingalingchingaling
    Excellent thanks - I'll stick online. A whole wealth of knowledge on these 'ol forums.
  • PupChowPupChow
    I have that book, good overview with all the general information that you can find online in one place. More catered towards people getting ready to buy a puppy. Mac's Action Adventure Stories
  • Serkle kSerkle k
    I agree. I have the book, and it was bought and read from cover to cover 2-3 years ago when I started my research. It was definitely a great start for me, as it gave me information to get my feet wet, and questions to ask actual owners and breeders that I met in person.
  • I have this book, too. I actually carried it around in my purse so I could show people what a Shiba actually was. Pictures are much easier than describing what they look like.
  • sunyatasunyata
    Yep, I also have the book... I bought it YEARS ago when I first started my research on Shibas. It is definitely a good overview of the breed and has some great pictures. But definitely not an owner's guide and definitely not complete. All in all, a great book, but not one that I would rely on for complete information.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)