For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Porch Bathroom
  • CurriganCurrigan
    So I had been doing some research into buying our new pup a porch potty thing so that he could get used to at least going to the bathroom outside before he has all of his shots.. I was shocked to see how much money they were!! So I thought to myself why not just build something myself? I've attached a photo of the finished product (2'W by 4'L) and I used real grass so I hope the transition for the puppy will be easy once he is allowed to go outside with the rest of the dogs. Total cost to build this thing was under $20!!!!
    Post edited by sunyata at 2011-09-22 16:48:43
  • Wow, that's pretty cool!Lisa and Toby (Shiba), Oskar and Zora (American Akitas) and Leo (Kai Ken)
    From the House of the Fox Dogs blog
    Why it's Not About Dominance
    Bel's thread: the story of a puppy mill Shiba's life
  • Nice what did you use for the bottom? Is that a piece of wood? I've been looking for a plastic tray so that it could catch the urine that goes through the grass/soil.
  • CurriganCurrigan
    The bottom is a plastic wrapped piece of wood yes.. I'm only planning on using this for a month or so so I'm not to worried about the urine seeping through
  • SayaSaya
    Very neat set up. =)

Definitely lot cheaper than buying one..

If I ever live in an apartment and get a puppy I'll keep this thread in mind. lol
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • curlytailscurlytails
    Very crafty. Good job.
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • velvetkatvelvetkat
    great idea! no reason to not make it yourself!
  • Sounds great. Do you have the picture or any tips on how to build it?

Thanks
  • MishiMishi
    Where is the picture? I like the idea too!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)