For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
  • brscrnsbrscrns
    If you have a dog that is food motivated, the Kong Wobbler is a GREAT toy. It took Kuma about 5 - 10 minutes to figure it out, but he sure has fun with it. You can put up to one cup of food in it(a meal) or just a few treats. It takes some creativity for the dog to get the treat out of the hole so it keeps them occupied for quite some time.
  • We bought one for Sakura and she loves it.

Well worth the price for us and it keeps her busy, we have not put treats in it yet
    but we put some of her kibble in it and if she feels like a snack she just goes to it.

She's getting really good at knocking the food out especially since the Acana food is small.
  • SayaSaya
    I've seen that kong toy Bella loves her treat ball so I plan to get her a kong wobbler too.
  • sunyatasunyata
  • jujeejujee
  • velvetkatvelvetkat
    sunyata I thought the same thing!! Probably showing our experience not our age!!!!
  • YoshiMitsuYoshiMitsu
    I just bought this for Yoshi. He cannot figure it out for anything HAHAHAHAHA
  • Serkle kSerkle k
    I too thought about the weeble wobbles when I first heard of the kong wobbler. But I am so much older then my age, LOL.
  • we have the food pyramid, which is just like the wobbler. Katsu has mastered it, Tanuki has mastered waiting for Katsu to knock the food out so he can eat it.
  • jujeejujee
  • maxwellsmaxwells
  • ShibatasticShibatastic
    my pup does the same barking thing. Mostly out of frustration when he can't get the treat out haha. What helps is that you teach/show her how it works by knocking it over a few times. Make it super easy to knock out treats in the beginning
    Post edited by Shibatastic at 2010-07-01 01:45:16
  • YoshiMitsuYoshiMitsu
    Here's Yoshi his first night with the Wobbler lol

• I am so going to get one of these for Saru! It seems a great way to keep him entertained and me as well!
  • jujeejujee
  • ShibatasticShibatastic
    Hey jujee, I wouldn't use the wobbler as the main source of feeding, it's more for snacks time to time I believe. Tried using a food ball, those have been pretty successful by most dogs. Fill it up well the first time and she'll be rolling it around in no time! :D
  • jujeejujee
  • any idea where I can get a Wobbler in store? I went to petco, AN-jan and a couple of other pet stores. No luck.
  • brscrnsbrscrns
    Frank, we got ours from Amazon for about $10.00, which is a good price.
  • I saw one at Petsmart. I think is was about $20. Brscrns, I will check Amazon cuz that is a great price, it wouldn't have crossed my mind to check there, thanks.
  • YoshiMitsuYoshiMitsu
    I got Yoshi's at Petsmart and it was $20.00
  • lockshi3lockshi3
    I got mine from Amazon for $15
  • Serkle kSerkle k
    Yeah I saw it at PetCo for $21.99!!!

I may have to get one for Stella cause she loves the spin puzzle I bought her. But I'll have to look into the Amazon listing.
  • velvetkatvelvetkat
    Well I got one for Bear on Sat and after showing him how to get the kibble out he has me trained to keep showing him. Why should he bother with it when hes got me to do it for him! He just looks at me with the cute puppy face and of course I wobble it so he can see how to do it again. He can accomplish his goal too by getting the kibble as it falls out!
  • Kuro_KaiKuro_Kai
    I know this is an old thread but I have a question:

I saw a Wobbler in Petsmart today. Picked it up to hit the checkout and said "Whoa!". That thing is kinda hefty. How well will an 8 week old Shiba be able to handle it? I don't want Kai to be staring at me going "You're kidding right?"
  • jujeejujee
    Post edited by jujee at 2010-08-20 21:37:52
  • It took Jiro a few days to figure it out, with my help. He loves the thing.
  • atlasatlas
    I would supervise your puppy with it at first. Mitsuko was playing with it and had the idea to bite the hole and drag it across the room. This was successful for about half a second, after which she realized she couldn't get her bottom jaw out of the hole (cue shiba scream). I helped her and she was fine, though a little scared. I decided to wait a couple of weeks before I reintroduce it to her. It's a great toy, though - my dalmatian loves it.
  • got selene one of these today and she figured it out in no time. I spread a bit of marmite (a very popular breakfast spread) with lots of vitamin D and a few treats in it and she started playing with it for a couple of hours! it must be her lucky day. Went to the pet store and she scored:
    - 1 new bed
    - a new kong wobbler
    - a homeopathic remedy for car sickness
    - a new squeaky toy
  • CashmereCashmere
    I have a regular Kong that my German shepherd didn't care for..
    (I seriously couldn't get him to care for it AT all.. He is NOT food motivated)

I hope once I get a shiba (If I do.. but I seem pretty kein on it haha) I can give it a new use!
    The Kong Wobblers seems like a great toy too!

If my GSD wasn't so 'Meh.. no thanks' to Kongs, I might've bought the Wobbler now!
  • ncieloncielo
    I get my products from Olive Green Dog and I'm looking at this product that looks similar to the wobbler.
    http://olivegreendog.com/nina-ottoson-pyramid-toy.html
    Do you guys agree that it's the same, I wanted to get one for Nikko
  • Kuro_KaiKuro_Kai
  • MyloMylo
    These videos are freaking hilarious!!! That first one I was laughing the whole time.
  • Bump

I feed Banjo through a Kong Wobbler every few days (to change it up). I noticed that after a while he "gives up" and doesn't finish the rest of the kibble in the wobbler. I know if I put that same amount in the bowl, he'll eat it all. I am wondering if him giving is up is him regulating his food intake (as in him thinking "I've eaten enough, this isn't worth it")? He eats roughly 90% of what I put in (the same amount her gets for bfast outta the bowl)
  • JuniJuni
    I had a Kong wobbler but Juni never liked it much so I gave it away. I think it was too much effort for not enough treats falling out.
    For kibble I'm sure she would never even look at it. So I'm guessing Banjo can't be bothered with finishing.
    How about getting another activity game to spice things up? :-)
  • Depending on how much time we have for the meal he gets either dinner in a bowl, dinner split between kongs (i'll fill a kong, seal it with peanut butter and let him go to town. He needs 3 of those for his dinner), or a training session where I hand feed him his meal. What are some other good games?
  • JuniJuni
    There's a thread already on activity games/ puzzle games or whatever you like to call them. I prefer to call them activity games or interactive games because some people seem to confuse puzzles with something that once the dog has figured it out they don't want to play with it again. Which at least with Juni is not true. She loves her games. Over and over again.

Nina Ottoson makes the original and expensive ones, but now there are plenty of cheaper copies. I like the ones from Trixie.
  • Thanks =)
  • BootzBootz
    @BanjoTheBetaDog

You should try adding some treats with the kibble. So basically he gets a "surprise" while he is working for the kibble.

But in general :( if my shiba is feeling lazy, she won't work for it. Spoiled princess needs to be fed directly.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)