For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
I am trauma with my shiba running away
  • LadywolfLadywolf
    I have NEVER had this kind of experience before with any of my previous dog. I used to have a west highland terrier. He always followed me wherever i went without a leash.

But my 6 months and a half male shiba, shogun, hardly listen to me. All this time whenever i let him go off leash, he will run by himself about 10 minutes or so then he will come to me when i call. I lead him while we walk but sometimes he will wander by himself when he sees something that interest him. I got to follow him instead of he following me, until i got his attention then he follows me again. But he never wanted to come near me when i call him. Especially when he sees me holding a leash. He is so afraid of me catching him. I also need other people who is a complete stranger to help me call him. He come when called by complete stranger but not by me!
    So today i got sad and angry at the same time i wanted him to come to me when i call him. I took him out without a leash. He was doing the above again, running away, then eventually follow me, then run away when he sees something interesting, then followed me again when i got his attention, then i was helped by some stranger to get him into the house by asking that stranger to help me call him in. I guess it was my fault, since i was not satisfied, i let him out again off the leash just after he went back in with me. But this time he took off! He got that evil grin on his face then he took off to the street! Luckily it was like 11pm so there was no much car around. I became frantic i chased him and yelling, shouting his name like a crazy person until one of my neighbor scolded me thinking i was crazy yelling around at the middle of the night.
    Shogun kept on running, stopping for awhile, then when he saw me running after him, he took off again, crossing the street and ignoring me. I was following him around the block until I came to the point where i cornered him behind a car. But he still avoided me, we ran around the car for awhile. God he was fast! I really couldn't catch him! I was so panicked i cried. When he saw me crying suddenly he dashes to a nearby tree, i ran to him and he did not run away anymore. He just let me touched him. So i grabbed his harness and crying at the same time. He licked my face as if saying sorry. And he just stand still, not trying to run or break free. I sat there crying and hugging him while he kept on licking my face. I put him back on the leash, then we walked back home. He acted like nothing bad just happened. He was so obedient and good on leash.

At home he licked my face again because i was still crying. I am very traumatized now. I don't know is this the trait to ALL shibas, or is it because he is young? I heard that huskies are not to be trusted without a leash and should never let a husky go off leash. Are shibas the same like husky, cannot be off leash for the rest of his life? I was so sad and traumatized, i thought shogun doesn't love me and doesn't want to live with me that's why he took off. I don't know what to do now. I don't think i will EVER let him go off the leash again. But at the same time i also feel bad. I wanted to give him the freedom but if it cost him his safety i don't think that is worth it. What should i do?
  • IMO Shibas should never be off leash unless it is in a closed off area. They are very independent dogs and to them it might be a game. He may just want to play a game of chase with you, it has nothing to do with if he loves you or not. They have a very high prey drive so if something catches their attention then they will run off. I would keep him on a leash until you are 100% comfortable that he will not run off.

I learned my lesson when I took him out at night without a leash to eliminate. HE ran off and eventually I found him just sitting in the parking lot of my complex waiting for me.
  • SayaSaya
    I'm sorry you had to go through this I went through the same thing with Bella my parent's boxer she ran off she was great with recall and staying in site, but some reason she just ran away luckily she was in the forest running around not on a road eventually she got to the neighbor's house who has a boxer and when Bella saw how excited the neighbor's boxer was to see me she ran right up to me all happy to see me I leashed her up and brought her home...

Maybe you can buy a long leash for now while you work with focus training and recall? The ones in stores the longest ones I've seen is 50 foot I've seen long leashes online that are 100 feet long.

After Bella's craziness times I wanted her to have more running space I put her on the 50 foot leash and just let her wander sniff and do whatever.
    During recall training I kept the long leash sort at first and worked on the come command using special treats she doesn't get normally like boiled eggs, boiled chicken, freeze dried liver, and string cheese and she only got a rotation of those treats each time she came to me.

I know how you felt With Bella running away I felt that I somehow failed her in training, but it's not that she hated me she was just having fun exploring..

I'm not sure if shiba inu should ever be off leash when they were used by Japanese hunters they had to of coarse be off leash in order to flush out prey. There is this one site about this one hunter who hunts with shiba inu and his female shiba didn't come back to him so he had to leave her in the mountains the next day he was able to get her..

A shiba inu is much different from a west highland terrier or say a lab or German shepherd they are a bit more independent, they were used for hunting so they still have the instincts if they see a squirrel or rabbit they'll most likely go for it or even for leaves Saya is obsessed with leaves if she sees one blowing she wants to so badly chase after it and catch it.

6months is pretty young anyways what kind of training has he had? I know Romy who owns Ninja and Portia trained their dog recall and it took 9months to get it to the point they want it to be and the training was only for in case the dogs got out of the collar or harness..

I'd not allow him off leash for now work with him with a long leash and use special treats just for recall training and work closer with him at first and as he gets better with the recall at closer distance than increase the distance. Try to get it where he comes to you the first time you say come try not to say come more than three attempts..

I'm sure more experienced dog owners will help you with this. I'm not sure if an shiba can be trusted off leash I allow Saya off leash in the trails when I take Bella and Saya walking she does fine, but I never trust her off leash in the front yard and if I have her off leash in the back I have her on the long leash.

If I lived in the city I'd never be able to trust her off leash she'd rather meet all the neighbors in the neighborhood plus she sees a leaf blowing on the street she'd run right onto the road for it..
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • LadywolfLadywolf
    I only trained him how to sit and lay. He is the smartest dog i have ever met in my whole life. He housebreak himself like automatically, and i only need to tell him TWICE before he understood the meaning of sit. While for lay, i only told him ONCE by giving him a treat and put the treat in front of his nose and slowly lower my hand until my finger touched the floor. He followed my finger and lay down by himself, and he understood the meaning lay afterward. He wont let me manhandled him by pushing his body downwards when i tried to teach him the word lay. I taught my west highland terrier how to lay by positioning his body with my hands. I tried to do that to shogun and he tried to break free and wrestle with me, he really doesn't like being 'catched'. So i tried the luring thing and he did it as if he was telling me, hey i got my own freewill and i am not stupid, u know.

I just got to the point where i wanted to try to let shogun off the leash, because i hardly let him go off leash. I thought his behavior is like this is because i hardly let him go off leash. That's why when he is off the leash he is like a crazy dog who tasted freedom. But now i am not so sure anymore. Should i just keep him on leash all the time? I got a 3m leash that can lengthen and shorten by itself.

I really cannot afford to loose another dog. I will be so depressed that i might torture myself to death.

My eyes are red from crying and i cannot sleep.(but shogun is sleeping peacefully as if nothing happened) ARRRGH what is happening here!
  • ljowen123ljowen123
    Unless you are in a fenced in area, I would not let Shogun off of the leash - it just isn't worth it. My shiba doesn't like to stray far from me, but I couldn't bear the alternative, so she'll be on a leash always.
    LJ - owned by Queen Jazz, a Shiba Inu, Atlanta, GA
  • philfotephilfote
    Keep him on leash outside. Always. Period. It's not mean. Spike LOVES going on walks on his leash. When we're walking the leash is our non-verbal communication link. When other folks have to handle him I get compliments on how great he is on leash. When he needs to run free we hit up the local dog parks (until we can afford a house with a fenced backyard.) Shibas=leash dogs
  • sunyatasunyata
    I would never let either of my two off leash unless in a secured area. While my oldest has excellent recall (for a Shiba), I know that she has incredible prey drive, is a Shiba, can be quite stubborn when there is something that she wants (such as freedom, a bug, a bird, etc.)...
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • wliu003wliu003
    Not to be offensive but did you research the breed at all? Just about every single website about shiba inus says something along the lines of "DO NOT TRUST OFFLEASH." This is a pretty well documented fact and I dont see how you did not know this unless you did not properly research the bred. IMO this is a classic user error and you need to do a better job or understanding the breed you have at hand.

Another thing, you seem to have experience some type of disobedience early on with your dog being off leash.. yet you insist on continuing this. Im not quite sure I understand your logic behind that.

I would listen to the kind posts above recommending that you do not let your shiba inu off leash again unless in an enclosed area. Also please read up about them, they are a very smart breed capable of many things. They are known to be able to escape from "escape" proof yards, they can be aggressive with other animals etc.
  • curlytailscurlytails
    Just to add to the chorus, shibas are not off-leash dogs. If you want to train Shogun to be okay off-leash in *limited* settings (i.e., enclosed or otherwise secured off-leash parks), you're going to have to work up to that. I would never, ever, ever think about walking my shiba off-leash if a car is within sight. So that excludes every neighborhood I've ever lived in.

Being unable to walk your dog off-leash does not mean that either you or your dog are not "smart" enough. Rather, it's BECAUSE shibas are so smart -- curiosity easily aroused, crafty and quick to elude capture, and everything else you described in your posts -- that it's for their own safety that you keep the leash on and securely fastened.
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
    Post edited by curlytails at 2010-05-03 21:48:38
  • ShibaMamaShibaMama
    I never let my first shiba off leash and my second one nevers gets off leash either. I too would be devastated if something happened and would never want to take that risk. The one time my second one got off leash, the only way i could get him to come to me was to walk away from him "woohooing" like i was having a party all by myself. Granted.. i'm sure that the folks in downtown Phoenix thought i was completely crazy.. but he came to me and i stepped on his leash instead of lunging for him.

Shibas are crafty little independant thinkers that will always "solve the problem". So beware they are also expert door bolters and i never trust that he will "stay" while someone is coming through my door.

You'll find many stories on not only this blog but on many others of their antics. You just have to think ahead of them.

Most of the time.. you'll be able to fool them only once.................
  • InoushiInoushi
    While some people think its mean to keep a leash on a dog, I do not believe this is the case. Leashes are the best way to keep your dog safe in so many different situations. I am not a fan of any dog being off the leash when cars, people, or other animals are around and there is a possibility that if something happens you can lose them forever. No animal has true 100% recall. If something catches their attention, or frightens them, chances are they are going to bolt. It's just not something you should do, especially with a breed with such a high prey drive and independent nature. Smart does not mean they will obey, smart means they are smart enough to tell you off and think for themselves.

Find a nice enclosed space to let him run in that is secure and has high fences. Chasing them makes it even worst. Its always wise to train them to come to a distinct sound that signals a treat they rarely get. It's not just about your dog running away or getting hit by a car. What if he runs into another dog? If a fight insues and the other dog is on the leash, your in the wrong. What if he over enthusiatically greets a child and breaks skin? There may be ordinances in your area that can fine you for having a dog off of the leash. A dog off the leash just invites way too many problems. It seems like your encountering problems on the lead as well, and by letting him get his way, your creating some very bad habits to form in him.

I know it may be daunting to have everyone saying your wrong, but a part of dog ownership is also about learning how to make use of your mistakes. There are plenty of people here who are willing to help you get through this, and won't begrudge you for some poor choices, but people aren't going to sugarcoat it either. You seem to have acquired a breed you were not prepared for and you really need to work hard to get control of the situation because your shiba will run all over you if you keep this up. Shibas are not a good match for passive owners, you have to be firm (but just), especially towards a young pup like this. If your not willing to make certain adjustments or sacrifices quickly, consider finding another home for him while he is still highly adoptable and get a breed more better suited for you.
  • LadywolfLadywolf
    Hi everyone,

Thank you soooo much for the kind advices. Now i feel tons better. And i understand more of why a dog should be on leash. I also wont feel bad anymore of having him on leash when we walk. You guys are right. It is not only for the safety of shogun, but also the safety of other dogs, children and adults as well. He behaves very well on leash today when we walk this morning. Usually he pulled on the leash but today he was so soft with me, he walked slowly by my side and obeyed my commands. I was shocked. I secretly think by myself, "did he understood what was happening yesterday? is that even possible?"

I know i sound ridiculous, but yesterday when i was crying i told him to promise not to run away anymore. LOL.

After i read all of your advices and story, i get a clear understanding and feel so much better. I will keep him on leash from now on and only let him go free in an enclosed area where i am 100% sure he is safe.

Before i bought shogun, i did some research, i know that he is : clean, easy to housebreak, smart and stubborn, agile. But on that particular website, (not trying to blame anyone but me for not having enough research) didn't say anything about not being off the leash.

I admit it was my mistake, i got a wrong way of thinking, i thought it was good for a dog to be off the leash because he got the freedom to move around and we could be like in a friendship-relationship where he could follow me and we could just walk together like two old friends. Now i understand better that not all dogs can do this, because no matter how i loved to think that he is my best friend, he is still an animal and it is not wrong to leash a dog. It is actually being responsible and for the safety for the neighborhood too, because i am not living all by myself on top of the mountain or inside a rainforest or in antartica or somewhere equally deserted, there are others as well, i should think of their safety too.

I am so glad i shared my story here. You guys really opened my eyes. Thank you very much. You have no idea how it lift these lump of rock in my heart that has been there since yesterday. Last night i couldn't sleep well, i turn around and around in my bed like a helicopter until dawn, and woke up 7am in the morning all bleary eyed with a panda-ish circle and weak spirited. After reading all the post here, i feel much much much better.

We will continue to walk on leash. And i don't feel bad anymore doing it!

Thank you again!

• sunyatasunyata
    Mae, glad you now understand that having a dog on a leash is for his safety and is in no way a bad thing. My girls love to run around in their yard off leash, but when we leave home, they know they are required to be leashed and still enjoy their time out. They LOVE walks.

And sometimes it does take a while for a dog to learn to walk loosely on a leash... Sometimes my two still have issues with that when they get excited. But, as with people, dogs are always learning. :) Sometimes that is a good thing... But with Shibas... sometimes it can be a bad thing.

Good luck with your leash walks with Shogun. And I am sure that you will find your relationship with him will get much stronger with that leash between you.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    I Wander, I Ride
  • ShibatasticShibatastic
    I think that you just adore Shogun too much! Their puppy dog eyes and smile just make you want to spoil them. But you just need to know what's best for him rather than thinking about what is most enjoyable for him. It's definitely a good learning experience and at the end of the day he's still in bed with you!

I leash most of my dogs except for my 4 year old german shep but that's because he's had thorough off leash training that he's been drilled since birth so now it's not a worry whatsoever. HOWEVER, My neighbor has a 6 year old shiba that can off leash as well but it still takes extreme amounts of reinforcement after all these years! They just seem to always keep you on your toes when it comes to training. From what I know about Shiba is that they just run off out of instinct. On a different note, I think it's adorable that he was licking you when you finally caught up to him by the way.
  • CrimsonO2CrimsonO2
    To add to the benefits of leash-walking...
    My dog, at almost 2 years old, is only now discovering confidence in exploring new places and things. He still does it timidly, but I would not trust him off-leash. In fact, he draws his confidence from the leash, because when he's tethered, he knows he's connected to me, and I would not let him experience anything I know he can't handle. I have taken my dog to the dog park, and he will just sit in the corner of the dog park until I leash him, walk to the center of the park, and just stand there until he finally relaxes, and then I'll unleash him (he'll run to the corner again eventually).

So, yes, in support of everyone above this post, the leash is not a bad thing, especially with the case of a Shiba. They are highly intelligent dogs. As such, training them is as much a request as it is a command, because they are dogs that actually weigh the pros and cons of obeying your command.

I liken it to raising children. You cannot raise intelligent, free-thinking, and independent kids to be blindly obedient to you. Same with a Shiba, if you value and respect their intelligence and independent spirit, then don't take it personal when they decide that something else is more interesting than you.

Post edited by CrimsonO2 at 2010-05-07 13:39:26
  • ericw2000ericw2000
    My shiba is almost impossible to get in the house from our fenced yard on a nice day. Every time I find a new trick that he falls for, I know that trick won't work again, he's too smart and fast. I don't want to imagine chasing him off leash outside a fenced in area.

We're currently in obedience class, and he comes, sits, and lays down like a star pupil on the leash. When I call him to come in the house from the yard, even with a cheese enticement, he just looks at me and maintains a 4' distance from me, so I can't even grab his drag leash.
  • LadywolfLadywolf
    Hi guys!

Thank you so much again for the encouragements. I am leashing him since then until today, and he behaves very well on leash. I am happy now and i don't feel bad leashing him because i know that leashing him is not wrong. He used to hate the leash so much. When he was like 2 months to 5 months old, i always have to chase him all over the house just to get the leash on him. Everyday i had to pretend to do the hand dance with my butt wriggling which he loved when we were playing just to get his attention and made him come to me so i could leash him. At that time i remembered thinking, 'Oh my God, Must i do this every single morning in my whole entire life?'
    Bless The Lord now he just sit still when i leashed him.

To Eric,

Funny thing Shogun also did the same thing when he was off the leash. He would maintain a distance from me and i could only tricked him with the same trick once. This breed is too clever. I could never tricked him with the same trick twice. So practically i could NEVER touch him unless he let me to. Knowing this really freaks me out. Mostly because i am not sure he knows where his safety stands. He might sit in the middle of the street licking his behind for all he cares (he did this when we were about to cross the many cars got to wait until he finished cleaning his behind before they could pass). I believe all of you have realized that shibas pride themselves for having a clean behind. LOL
    I would really recommend using the -leash at all times- advice just like the others have said above. But i also would love to know the result of your shiba's obedience training. Still not recommending to try letting him or her go off the leash in an open area though. You never know when the he-or-she-decided-to- bolt-for-the-fun-of-it-but-got-missing-accidentally thing might happen.hehehe

• yodisbsteveyodisbsteve
    I guess i kind of lucked out with penny, she's a very atypical shiba(not high energy at all, doesnt play with any toys).

I actually frequently walk her off leash and she has excellent recall. I mainly started doing this because during this past winters blizzard she would not go potty while on the leash even after hours of walking. So i started working with her off leash, and since there were no cars/squirels/chipmunks cause of the conditions to distract her, i think the training worked out fairly well. Before if she were to somehow get out of the house or get loose from her leash she would take off, but now she doesnt. She has so far, twice ran off to chase a chipmunk but stopped once i yelled "UH UH!"

she usually follows me around while off leash and but will venture off to potty. Once i show her the leash she comes back right away, sits, and waits to get leashed.

But even with her excellent recall i only let her off leash in areas away from cars and roads. Usually its in the school field across the street which is huge and fenced in.

good luck w/ Shogun.
  • ericw2000ericw2000
    Ladywolf - I find my shiba just doesn't want to come in until he's ready, or if he senses urgency from me. I let them out when I come home for lunch, and he senses the urgency when I'm trying to get him back in and is very difficult at that time. Other times, when he sees there will be no chase, he'll come in on his own after a couple minutes. He seems to get better about this at time passes. I tried using a tie-out a couple times, and he would never go to the bathroom when he was on it. The second time I used it, he actually peed on the rug right in front of me after he came in, as if to tell me what he thought of the tie out. Now I just use the short drag leash when I need to get him back in quickly, along with cheese and our other dog. He'll start to play with the other dog and I can grab his leash.

As far as obedience, he's been a difficult student in class the past 2 weeks. He won't sit on command now, and jumps up and gets his leash tangled on his paws when we turn left, and sits and watches me when we turn right. He stays very well, and learned the down command quickly, though I have to push him down at the shoulders. I need to practice more at home. We make both of the dogs sit before we open the door to go out, they have to sit to come out of their crates, and sit before they get treats. He sits very well when there's personal gain :)
  • Well, it seems you learned the "off leash" lesson the hard way. I had similar experiences with MoJo and not because I let him off the leash, but because one of my family kept the front door open while they talked to someone outside OR they didn't put his harness on correctly and he bolted. The first thing I read when studying the breed was about their desire to escape. I am actually a screaming mimi around the house "CLOSE THE DOOR" "WATCH THE GATE" "LOOKOUT FOR THE DOG" family thinks I'm over-the-top, but my fear of losing MoJo drives me to be that way. You can never be too careful. They are clever, and will outsmart you whenever they can. I think as they get older (and attend some obedience classes, as MoJo just completed) they get better..but you still can't trust them to not bolt.
  • tysaaantysaaan
    I'm having major issues with this problem. Jibo has been bolting out so many times, and right now has reached the tipping point. I'm having a mix of emotions - sad, angry, hopeless, confused. He recently ran out while lots of the neighbors were out, and for once, I was treated as that owner with their dog off leash. I feel horrible and so confused right now. I was already stressed out and was cleaning the whole house when a family member opened the gate and let Jibo run out again. I know he is my responsibility but am I really required to be a helicopter parent and hover over him with supervision every minute of the day? Who's really to blame here? Idk, I'm just so confused. Ultimately I fear for Jibo's wellbeing, how many times does it take until he runs out and a car won't be able to see him and an incident will occur :/
  • sunyatasunyata
    @tysaaan - You cannot put the blame on someone else. As Jibo's owner, it is your responsibility to look after his safety and well being (and his training). If there are other people in your home, you are responsible for ensuring that everyone is on the same page regarding Jibo's training and well being. If not everyone is on the same page, then you need to work on that first. You can move out, talk with your family members, crate Jibo when you are unable to 100% supervise him, etc.

Training, of course, is a long term solution, but it takes a lot of work and it takes everyone in the household being on the same page and using consistent techniques. You will need to work on door bolting and recall. But keep in mind, that if not everyone works with him, he will more than likely not figure out that door bolting and coming when called is for everyone and not just you.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    I Wander, I Ride
  • tysaaantysaaan
    @sunyata - Recall in the house or in controlled environments he is great, however when the situation actually happens he behaves as if he has forgotten all of the training. How do you train him without actually letting him off-leash in that same type of environment?
  • @tysaaan We have not worked on this yet ourselves, but luckily we live in an apartment building and he doesn't seem to bolt much.

I have seen people suggest a drag lead inside the house, to make him a bit easier to catch if he does get out.

To prevent him getting out, however, maybe work on training "door manners". Every time you go out with him, make him "sit" and "stay" - even when the door is open. (this is on leash) Make him stay in front of the open door for a few seconds until you give the release word. With practice and consistency, he should start automatically waiting for your "release word" in order to pass the doorway.

For recall, you do need to practice in many locations. Get a long leash and if he is good in the house, start moving outside. Then you can practice recall with the long leash. Slowly increase distractions as he gets better.

If you want a quicker solution, perhaps think about installing some sort of baby gate, that allows your guests to come in or you to leave, but keeps him away from the door
  • JuniJuni
    I also want to suggest practising door manners. Juni likes to run out to our fenced in patio ( she is convinced the neighbours evil cats sneaks around there if she is not guarding). When I open the door I make sure she gives me eye contact before I say ok to go out.
    I have to confess I am not super consistent but that is the only door she will bolt and it is totally safe.
    With Jibo I think I'd practise gradually, the door open only an inch, let him look at it and once he'll give you eye contact (and if you want him to sit) I would praise and throw a treat back in to the house for him to run and get. Repeat a lot and gradually open the door more (probably use a long leash too so he won't be able to bolt).
    This way an open door doesn't necessarily mean 'go out' but it can have the meaning "I get a treat indoors".
  • sunyatasunyata
    @tysaaan - There are TONS of threads on recall training. I suggest you start reading! :)

The basic idea is that you need to start working with him in more distracting environments, slowly working your way up to a busy outdoor environment.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    I Wander, I Ride
  • When I adopted Quake I trained him to "back away" from the door before we go out and "Mum first, then Quake" which means he waits for me to walk out the door first and he follows. I am very consistent about those commands. We live in a condo building but I still did not want him bolting into the hallway.
  • I forgot to add that I also trained Quake to "back away" from the door when I come home and open the door. I command him "back away" as I am opening the door. He does back away and I tell him what a good boy he is. This way I don't have to worry about him bolting out into the hallway when I open the door. I give him the command every single time I open the door to go in the condo.
  • renitiadbrenitiadb

Most everyone on here knows our story, but I will give you a quick share:

We lost our Fen when he bolted. The people watching him did not use his wrist strap and dropped his leash when he bolted. He ran straight into traffic and was struck and killed. This happened June 21st, and I have spent most of THIS MORNING crying AGAIN because I still miss him so much. He was only 2 years old. Do not let your Shiba off leash unless it's in an enclosed area. One moment can cause you years of heartache. Just don't do it.
    Another almost horror story.

As I walk both my Shiba together I would always think about what would happen if I became injured while walking them and ended up losing my grip on the leash. After a work accident last January made it impossible to use my left arm to hold the leashes I switched over to a hands free leash that attached to my waist. Fast forward to last August and while walking them I ruptured my Achilles Tendon and subsequently fell. My guys were safely attached to me.

Renitiadb offered fellow forum members an additional strap to attach to your wrist so that the leash cannot be dropped. It's a wonderful idea, born of tragedy, that any dog owner of a breed that should not be off leash should use.

Even though I can't use it I want to say thank you for your efforts. Fen's sacrifice is not in vain.

Post edited by INU RYUU at 2015-10-16 20:21:11
  • NikkitineNikkitine

We use our wrist strap everyday at work! It works wonderfully!
  • @renitiadb-I use the wrist strap every time I walk my Quakey and I always think of how much love and care you put into making the wrist straps in honor of your precious Fen.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (4)