For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Tale of Mari & three puppies
  • katikati
    I didn't know exactly where to put this. I watched the movie titled above tonight... Some how these types of movies always get me. Sure some of it was cheesy, but the feeling of the movie was something wonderful. I don't want to spoil it. It's about a Shiba mom and her pups and the family they live with. Check it out! It's on Veoh.
  • toecaritoecari
    Yes it's a very cool movie. It's stars Shibas!!!! I agree, a bit cheesy but sweet.
  • CaliaCalia
    http://www.godsdirectcontact.org/eng/news/160/an1.htm

Here is a link to a telling of the true story, with pictures of the real Mari
  • SayaSaya
    I got the movie on DVD best purchase ever! Made me cry at several parts.

When Saya first watched it she got excited whenever she heard the girl talk or when there was a shiba on the screen it was cute to see.

The movie did make me cry and at the end of the credits they show the real Mari and her pups..

I really love the movie and the fact that it is based on a true event is even more amazing and sad at the same time that Mari and her pups had to go through that.

I hope Saya will be as strong as Mari is. =)
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
    Post edited by Saya at 2010-02-02 15:17:13
  • MyloMylo
    I LOVE that movie!!! Boyfriend surprised me with that last Christmas. I watched it and sobbed like a little girl pretty much through the whole thing lol.
  • oooh thanks for the tip- cant wait to watch it!
  • EthosEthos
    Just watched this movie today.. wow.. it's just amazing.. you WILL cry...
    you can watch it with subtitles on youtube in HD
  • DianaBostonDianaBoston
    @Ethos -- I've looked on YouTube and do not find the movie with subtitles in English. Can you post a pointer? Thanks so much!!

Diana
  • EthosEthos

you need to open in youtube website and not stream from here, then:
    from the (Settings) chose 720p HD setting for best quality
    and from the cc (Captions) chose English-English
    Post edited by Ethos at 2013-07-06 15:28:20
  • hngu145hngu145
    This was such a cute movie. Made me hug Haru and cry!
  • KentaKenta
    Ethos said:

you need to open in youtube website and not stream from here, then:
    from the (Settings) chose 720p HD setting for best quality
    and from the cc (Captions) chose English-English

Lol thanks for this. I have the original DVD and the eBay seller said it had english subtitles, well yeah it didn't, so I just looked at the cute puppy until I got frustrated because I couldn't understand what they were talking about and turned the movie off lol
  • DianaBostonDianaBoston
    Thanks so much!! Will enjoy it tonight.

• ShibaLoveShibaLove
    I just watched this today! Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it!
  • RikaRika
    Oh I watched it!!! I got to know about the breed because of it.
    Rika -- 1 year old red coated Shiba Inu <3
  • CrystalWolfCrystalWolf
    My friend is downloading the movie for me so I can watch it. I can't wait. But I don't want to cry, I hate crying when I watch movies.
  • SayaSaya
    Here's a review on it some may not agree with it, but I do agree it was sad at the end how Mari got stuck outside tied up while pups go inside.. Really shiba inu are not dirty dogs..
    The review does make some good points.
    http://shibasenji.wordpress.com/2013/03/04/film-the-tale-of-mari-and-her-three-puppies/

Labs now those are some smelly beasts! haha I met two outdoor labs and man their smell stuck on my hands from petting them for a day even with washing. haha

I'm no lab hater though I like the breed just not for me, but I enjoy meeting friend's labs. Coarse their stink could been due to swimming in water or maybe they rolled in a dead fish.

I have Mari on dvd it has subtitles and stuff. I enjoyed watching it though only seen it two times.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)