For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
How much does your 4 month shiba weigh?
  • Hey guys!!

I was just wondering.. Do you guys remember what your shiba was weighing at 4 months??? Thanks!!
    Post edited by curlytails at 2012-10-06 04:41:24
  • CaliaCalia
    At around that age, Tetsu was about 9lbs (and I remember that since that was the only time Tetsu and Tikaani weighed the same). He is 19lbs now at approx. 1.5 years old
  • My puppy is a little over 3 months and hes about 15 pounds already
  • rhooperrhooper
    Mine is about 11 weeks old and 12 pounds. might change his name to chunky...
  • Our Tobi's weight was 13.5 lbs at 4 months. I think he's about 15-16 now at 5.5 months, but he hasn't been weighted since 4 months old.
  • IzzyIzzy
    Zazoo just turned 4 months on the 2nd and he weighs about 10 lbs :]
  • hanaluluhanalulu
    I don't really remember to be honest...Evie only weighs 12.4 lbs and her 1 year birthday was January 9th. My friend's shiba is 17 weeks and she weighs 11.2 lbs.
  • CrimsonO2CrimsonO2
    I'd have to look at my vet records, but I think Ichi was around 12-16 lbs at 4 months. Then again, he's tall and leggy for a shiba and hovers at 26-28 lbs right now.

Jesse
  • SayaSaya
    I think Saya weighed 11.6 or 14 pounds I forgot it's one of that I'll have to check the vet record.
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • India is nearing 4 months and she weighed 8.8 pounds when we took her to the vet last week. I'm guessing that gender of the puppy may make a difference in size by this point.
  • Rascal was around 16 lbsif I remember correctly and was 23.7 at 6 months.
  • KitaKita
    Kita is 21 weeks and currently weighs 7kg. I think I need to get out my calculator to do some converting! I think she's big for her age.
  • Did the conversion for you, Kita is 15lbs.
  • KitaKita
    Thank you Jessica!
  • astralarisastralaris
    Hana weighed in at 10.25 lbs. at her 4 month visit recently. I am still feeding her 3 times per day - breaking her total for the day into 3 feedings and she generally finsishes it within 15 minutes - sometimes lunch has a few leftover kibble. Plus, in the morning, I generally give her a spoon of a high quality, natural, grain free, canned food with a little water to help make "gravy" mixed with her kibble, since she sleeps in her crate without water over night and I want to make sure she is well hydrated. Anyway, vet said at this last visit she will most likely be on the smaller side as an adult, but who knows? I wouldn't be disappointed though. I did enter her 8-week weight in a so-called breed calculator and it came back with 13-14 lbs., for her predicted weight as an adult, which is smaller than the average of 17 lbs. for females, according to the AKC, but I guess we'll just wait and see - seems like there are other dogs on the forum who went through growth spurts and others who remained on the small side. As long as she is healthy and at a good weight for her frame then I'm happy!
  • AnjyilAnjyil
    At 4 months coal was about 5.3 kilograms (11.6 pounds). He is a bit of a small fry for a male, I think, seeings as several females on here are/were bigger than him at that age XD

He is 6 1/2 and only 8.6 kilograms (18.8 pounds). I have heard both online and by a few people who are familiar with animals that he will maybe hit 10 kg (22lbs), which I believe is below standard for the males of this breed, but probably won't go much above that. Small is fine by me, as long as he is healthy ^_^-

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)