For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Tosca's Abandonment Issue - What To Do
  • santuzzasantuzza
    Post edited by sunyata at 2013-06-06 15:34:24
  • Umm, sounds like a rescue thing maybe. Triton is also a rescue and has some issues like that. His previous owner dropped him off at our house without even saying goodbye and now he's weird in the car, perhaps as if we might leave him somewhere too.
  • Hmmm. I don't know what to say. That's a tough one.

The best advice I have is to treat it like separation anxiety and "practice leaving" the car. I know it's a pain in the behind, especially because someone needs to be in the car with her and someone has to leave, but it's worth a shot.

BTW, how do you know she's ok in the car when left completely alone? Couldn't she be getting anxious and you aren't there to see it?

I wish I could be more helpful! I hope this helps at least a little bit. :-)
  • santuzzasantuzza
    I'll take her to Dunkin' Donuts or the gym - somewhere with large windows - and park somewhere where i can see the car and there is no activity in the back. When not everyone gets out she's all over the place pacing and so on.

We come upon something that makes the situation a little easier within the last few days. She likes to be able to look for whoever got out of the car, so she stands on the armrest between the front seats. You can tell she's still upset, but she isn't as panicky.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)